Theme Park Discussion / Gatekeeper

• Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Fuck that's gorgeous. Just answer us this... Is it more intense than the videos make it out to be?
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    It is way more intense than the videos make it out to be.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    ... Boner...
  • Twiggy%s's Photo
    You got me even more excited now. Hot diggity.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Yeah I don't get why people were all, this looks rubbish. All of the wing rider povs look bad, but when you ride them they are much better. The Swarm backwards was one of the most intense rides I've ridden.
  • FredD%s's Photo

Yeah I don't get why people were all, this looks rubbish. All of the wing rider povs look bad, but when you ride them they are much better. The Swarm backwards was one of the most intense rides I've ridden.

Swarm backwards was really good, but on the other places it lacks the power we're used to experience in B&M's. But in POV's, it always looks slower than it really is.
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    The right side is (in my opinion) WAYYY better than the left side. Either way though, it's much better than the POVs make it out to be. It does run through the course fairly slowly but it's still pretty intense and enjoyable.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Wing riders are weird like that. I've been on X-Flight at SFGAmer and though it wasn't really my thing it was quite intense without being particularly quite about any of its transitions. I expect Gatekeeper will probably be about on par with Raptor; so outside my top 10, but well worth riding. If anything the main reason I'm excited about GK is the effect it should have on other ride lines; further shorten Rapror's line and maybe pulling people away from Maverick and/or Millennium since it's in a different area. I expect that it will increase waits for Max Air and Wicked Twister, since they're in the area.

I'll be making my first CP trip this year next Wednesday. I'll be sure to post a review of Gatekeeper here afterwards without too many spoilers (I refuse to watch the POV, I just wanna ride).

Ride6
  • XCars%s's Photo
    Hearing good reviews makes me even more excited to check this out later this summer. I thought X-Flight was pretty good, although short. This seems to fix that issue, looks like a solid ride.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I wasn't really a huge fan of X-Flight. I really liked the look of it, but something about the weird "slow motion but plenty of force" nature of the outside seats or the "slow motion and not much force" on the inside kinda kill it for me. I suspect I'd still love the 4D coasters because they have another axis going with the rotating seats; which looks NUTS.

But I'm a crazy speed AND forces freak. Thus I-305 and The Voyage are my favorite rides (of what I've been on). My last post already states where I think GK will land and my excitement about what else it will do for the park.

Ride6
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    I enjoyed it quite a bit. My first ride was on the back right outside, dunno what it was, but it shook me bad and the restraints came down way to far at the bottom of the first drop. Ended up being both painful and hard to breathe, was really not happy with it.

Second time through was outside back right. MUCH better. Smoother ride, didn't collapse the restraint onto myself, made the ride more enjoyable by a large margin. I have it at #7 on my top 10, behind other B&M's like Mantis, Superman KC, and Montu.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    The outside seats on wingriders tend to be a bit shaky/rattly, particularly towards the back. But they do generally offer the better ride.

Particularly when they are backwards ;P
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    I rode it again for a 3rd time, this time front left inside.

Yep, totally changed my thoughts. Incredibly smooth ride, the view is so completely open in the front and this really exaggerates the close call elements, the lifting up feeling on the first drop followed by hangtime, the layout is fantastic and flowing. I ended up bumping it up my rankings, it's now my 2nd favorite B&M behind Montu.

If you plan to ride this, do it in the front.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading