Theme Park Discussion / Gatekeeper

• Twiggy%s's Photo
    Voila!

Left Side POV

Right Side POV
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    *Insert forceless complaint here*
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    doesn't look very forceful. needs the b&m rawr..
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    Going off of what I experienced with Wild Eagle, this could be an utterly fantastic ride. Wild Eagle was surprisingly intense, both in positive and negative forces. If B&M at least keeps the forces similar to what they did with Wild Eagle, Cedar Point has a huge winner on their hands.

I'm fortunate enough to get to attend media this Thursday so I'll be posting a review afterwards.
  • robbie92%s's Photo

I would be jealous but my home park is getting the worlds FIRST "tophat"!

Well my home park is filled with water coasters, so hah!
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I've always thought this ride looked boring and this video only further confirms it. It's like an out and back B&M with a few hills and zero-g rolls. And it looks kinda slow, too.
  • nin%s's Photo
    Not going to lie, I think I've always thought the same Steve. I general think that about a lot of Cedar Point's coasters, as they all appear to be the most perfect incarnation of their type, but their output isn't the most spectacular.

Now, this is by appearance only and doesn't include every ride there, but that's just my general view on the park.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Weird to say, but the right side totally looks better.

Also, are they still running it at a slower speed to test it?
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    They look pretty boring yes but I feel that the forces are a lot more intense than it looks in the videos just for the reason that the seats are on the outside. I've heard that about a few of these wing riders anyway.
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    If anything, Cedar Point looks a lot better with a coaster on the beach instead of the equivalent of an aircraft hangar (Disaster Transport's building, although I'll miss that coaster, was quite fun.) The ride looks pretty sick, forces will probably be up to par; the fact that you sit farther from the track technically increases the moment, or force acting at a distance, on the seat which means, even if the ride doesn't seem forceful, it probably will be. That being said, shame I won't be out to CP for at least a year to ride this one.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

Weird to say, but the right side totally looks better.

That's common on wingriders. Swarm's left side is a lot better than the right.
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    MA: I think at this point the soft wheels should be off and hard wheels should be on, so it should be running close to full speed by now. I'm also not sure if they filmed the ride when it had hard or soft wheels, because if the soft wheels were still on when they filmed this, then this is going to be a lot faster come time to ride.
  • Twiggy%s's Photo
    I actually don't mind the speed. I think it's fine. Just the experience of a wingrider seems thrilling to me. From what I can tell, not many of the people here have actually ridden a wingrider, myself included, but I really believe that this'll be excellent. Based off of what Mav has said Gatekeeper will be hit. I just can't wait to ride it.
  • Maverick%s's Photo

Hey Justin, Hey, Hey Justin...

You jelly? :bandit:/>

Nope, not really. :-p
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    As the first Ne-ian to be riding this (2 DAYS) I'll make sure to post how it actually feels.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Maverix (Jimmy) is riding tomorrow for media day. Mav, maybe you can come by the stream and we can talk about it?
    http://live.pointbuzz.com/

This coaster looks great. I don't care what anyone says.
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    I'll be tweeting pics from media day all day starting in about an hour when I arrive. Follow me @TopThrillDagstr
    Have fun Jimmy! Drive safe bud.
  • Twiggy%s's Photo
    It just looks so pretty. I'm tearing up...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading