(Archive) Advertising District / Sportpark Boeimeer

• MK98%s's Photo

Update 1:

Hello everyone, I will introduce myself. I am Derrick Tor, I am 40 years old and manage a small theme park in the Netherlands (that’s why my English is so bad, I’m sorry!). I live in Boeimeer, that’s a small neighborhood in Breda, the Netherlands. There live nice people with a nice river and close to the downtown. At the left side of the river is a park, next to the park are some houses and flats. At the right side of the river is a tennis park, where my father the theme park has begun. My father is 74 years old and was born in Germany. In his youth he had to flee to the Netherlands seeing the second world war and came here. Here, they were a poor family, they had to work hard to earn one’s living. When my father was 22 years old, he wanted to get more money, that’s why he asked the government to support to begin a small sport club. The government had not much money, but after lots of meetings, the mayor knew that entertainment was needed in his town. Lots of discussions followed, but finally we got €3.000,- subsidy! Sure we could handle that! But there had to come a good name. Because the sport club is located in Boeimeer, we called it ‘Sportpark Boeimeer’.

Now, I went to search at lot, and I font a diary. Here’s wrote the story of my dad with lots of photo’s. I won’t show you my park directly, first I will tell you something about my dad. He’s born in 1938 in a German family. He lived in a small house. He was Jewish, which was a big problem in the war. That’s why he moved to the Netherlands. When also the Netherlands was involved to the war, he submerged in a farm close to Utrecht (another city in the Netherlands). My dad was always crying, and they were founded by the Germans. Fortunately, my father was lying into a clock, and they didn’t found him. He grew up in a orphanage, where he didn’t get much to eat. Fortunately, he went to school. When he was 20 years, he moved to Breda, here he worked in a sugar factory for 2 years, till he were fired. Now, I will show you some photo’s of the places where he lived:

This is the house where he was born
    Posted Image

Here, he submerged
    Posted Image

This is the orphanage where he grew up
    Posted Image

When he moved to Breda, this was the house where he lived. It's bigger as the house in Germany, but it isn't beautifuller
    Posted Image

This is the factory where he worked for 2 years
    Posted Image

Critism and comments are allowed.
    See you in the next update!
  • xJur%s's Photo
    Looks promising! But try to use more colours, it looks a little bit green.
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo

Looks promising!

Great story, and the screens complimented it well. Looking forward to see what you do with the actual park.
  • MK98%s's Photo
    Thank you, I'll try to use more colours ;)
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    "here, he submerged."

I realize that english is not your first language, but that made me chuckle
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    I am Derrick Tor, I am 40 years old and manage a small theme park in the Netherlands (that’s why my English is so bad, I’m sorry!).

Oh.. ,please!

Not everyone in Holland sucks in English. :p
  • MK98%s's Photo

I am Derrick Tor, I am 40 years old and manage a small theme park in the Netherlands (that’s why my English is so bad, I’m sorry!).

Oh.. ,please!

Not everyone in Holland sucks in English. :p/>

Well, I try to improve, but I'm just 14 years old.
    But we have google translate :nod:
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Aha.. that explains.
    Then you still have plenty of time to learn it. ;)

About the park: I like that you have a storyline ,please continue building. :)
    Looking forward to the next update.
  • A.S.Coasters%s's Photo
    I think the tractor looks tacky but the rest is well crafted, I also think there's too much green.

Please move on. :)
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    you speak better english at fourteen than I speak dutch :)
  • MK98%s's Photo
    Thank you!
    I know the tractor isn't my best thing, but I want to learn how to handle building blocks etc.
  • Super G%s's Photo
    Hey there is MK98! Good to see some more DVZ people over here! I can learn you some stuff if you want, maybe we can do a duo park.
  • MK98%s's Photo

Hey there is MK98! Good to see some more DVZ people over here! I can learn you some stuff if you want, maybe we can do a duo park.

Haha, thanks!
    But when we do a duo-park, your level wil lower :lol:
    I agree. So if you want, just speak me at msn!
  • Super G%s's Photo
    Nah, I think my growth is going too slow compared with yours, so you'll walk in on me :p.
  • MK98%s's Photo

Update 2:

Hello people from NE, here I am with a new update!
    The story is going on when my father moves to Breda, in the house where he died. At this moment, I rent this house and the profit is going to a charity wich we established. More about this in a few updates later.

When my father was 22 years old, my father was fired from the factory. That's why he got big problems and hadn't lots of money to spent and thought long how to get the solution. Final, he asked the government to get a subsidy. As said €3.000,-! At that time, he could do much with it. Like building a sports park.
    The position was very rapid decided, located in a park with a beautiful river. This was verry good because there lived lots of people, there was lots of nature and enough space.

The park is located next to a church (don't ask me what kind of religion it is). Here was a small parking lot, nice!
    Posted Image

Obviously we already have rivalry
    Posted Image

This is the 'island', like the children call it. It's something which attract lots of visitors.
    Posted Image

This bridge needs lots of renovation, it's not very strong and only built to reach a few houses.
    Posted Image

See you next update!
  • Super G%s's Photo
    I think the church is way bit busy with all the textures and coulors. I like the shape and the amount of detail, just not the coulors.
  • MK98%s's Photo

I think the church is way bit busy with all the textures and coulors. I like the shape and the amount of detail, just not the coulors.

Thanks, but if you could see, I tried to make it less busy. Next time, I will think about it.

After more than a month again a new update! This is the update about March 1961, when the park opened to the public. My father wanted to borrow some money to build his own football-stadium! But the government wanted to give us money for that stadium, if they could have a part of the profit. We called the club NOAD to our slogan: Never Obtusely Always keep Doing.
    Sure, the name of Sportpark Boeimeer stayed, this one has got four tennis courts, two basketball courts, one training court, one football court and a canteen. The canteen was the thing which we hoped to make lots of profit. We didn't expect lots of memberships, just 200. That’s why we stayed careful and did as much as we could self.

This is the stadium
    Posted Image

All the fields
    Posted Image

The canteen
    Posted Image

And last but not least: an overview
    Posted Image
  • MK98%s's Photo

1964:

In this year, my father experienced a huge change of his life. First, he was a poor worker and now, he was beeing slowly director of a big business. The last two years we became lot’s of memberships, why we made more money. My father wasn’t stingy so he decided to invest in some things. My sister (then 6 years old) wanted to have a horse, so we started a riding school, so people could learn to ride on horses. There was also built a new swimming pool and something new, the thing where we where proud on: the Scupjes. These are people whose came here centuries ago by a falling meteoor. Here, they made their own village, in the middle of the park. In this village, the Scupjes live like animatronics.

The riding school
    Posted Image

The swimming pool
    Posted Image

This is Scupjesvillage, the Scupjes are on show in the buildings
    Posted Image

By all those investments, we decided to make a small entrance so guests should pay a entrance fee for 50 cent
    Posted Image
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Your 'canteen' looks like a pancake house.
  • Super G%s's Photo
    You're deffinately growing, but as I already said on RCTLand, I think your entrance path is too small, I would add a second path piece.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading