Theme Park Discussion / Alton Towers 2013

• Liampie%s's Photo
    One of the few new rides that I'm excited about.

Posted Image

I doubt it will be on par with the earlier Secret Weapons, but it looks like the ride most worthy of the title ride since Air; or the ride most worthy of being in AT since Air.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Yeah this ride does look interesting. I do find it odd theyve built this whole section and yet theyve not even poured footers for the other 4 outdoor inversions

Posted Image

Also if that's a barrel roll out of the station then that's 9 inversions we know of so far :)
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Those elements look exiting!
    Very nicely combined there.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    That's almost definately a barrel roll out of the station, they totally aren't on track to finish for the original opening though lol I knew they wouldn't be!
  • Ling%s's Photo
    That's insane. I'm going to have to bum two plane tickets back to G.B. off my father for next summer.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Is anyone remembering it's a Gerstlauer? It'll be rough as fuck. I genuinely will be shocked if this is rerideable. I think this looks amazing but will be awful. I guess it depends if we see a new train style which is expected to be 4 rows by 4 seats and hopefully a new version of their god awful OTSR or lapbars like on Iron Shark.

The obscured area of the image has to be a barrel roll.

Anyway looks miles behind like I said the other week. I'm not expecting to see this ready for opening day but will be nice to experience The Sanctuary when it's not Scarefest.
  • Chrixz%s's Photo
    I'm going to ride this in oktober can't wait, also this will be my first Gerstlauer coaster so I don't know how rough this is going to be. Layout wise verry interesting, good elements, and that dueling action I hope it is going to happen because that would be awesome. Really looking forward riding this.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Gerstlauer's aren't necessarily rough.

Rage and Speed aren't too bad. And their bobsleds and kiddie coasters are smooth as glass, so I can only assume their spinners are too. It's just Saw is god awful, and with this being a similar style/concept I worry that this is going to be as rough, if not rougher. And Saw is bad enough with 3 inversions, let alone 9+
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Lew, as I said...

I guess it depends if we see a new train style... hopefully a new version of their god awful OTSR or lapbars like on Iron Shark.

Their bobsled's and kiddie's are great due to the restraint type, no OTSR. I should of said it'll be rough due to it being a Eurofighter not so much Gerstlauer.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I agree that the OTSRs are bad BUT the reason Saw is so bad is all the kinks in the track, combined with the restraints, it's not a simple case of just blaming the restraints, the whole trackwork is awful. Like I said, Rage and Speed are both fine, and have the same restraints as Saw.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Rage was not as great as you make it seem. Haven't done Speed though. Saw's restraints kill my legs and yea the brain mashing can be down to the trackwork but also restraints.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    If SW7 gets lapbars I would be pleasantly surprised.
  • garfield3gs%s's Photo
    although progress is slow i think the progress is starting to make this project interesting, really am looking forward to riding this coaster hopfully it aint a let down like th13teen was and hopfuly no spoilers in the run up to launch date ! i can understand people are not 100% impressed by the designer and what have you but i think this is going to fit perfectly in that area with all the themeing. i so wish i was still workking at the towers so i could see the progress abit more through the off season... plus could of worked on it ! DAMN! Good Luck with finishing it and good luck to the towers for the next season.... ps hope that the rumured name is incorect! why call a coater "the smiler" LOL!
  • trav%s's Photo

Like I said, Rage and Speed are both fine, and have the same restraints as Saw.

When did you ride Speed?! I remember coming off that fucker with a headache
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Years ago.
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    I'm really excited for this one. Too bad I live in America...

I'm from Tennessee, and Mystery Mine isn't that rough. A little jolty, but not necessarily rough (but then again it could be because my neck sticks out so far above the OTSR's). I would think they would use lappies on this one. Wonder what they'll call the new rotating element? The ever-changing, constant record breaker?
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Well judging by the location of where this hidden element is, it looks like all they are hiding is a heartline roll, not this washing machine element everyone seems so hell bent on.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Garfield3gs, where did you work in Towers? Thirteen wasn't that much of a let down. If you went into it with an open or expected it to be a jumped up family coaster you can be pleasantly surprised. It's great. If you don't want spoilers don't look at topics, simple. I also can't imagine the name turning out to be The Smiler although after Thirteen and Rita I wouldn't be surprised :p

Disney Imagineer, I will bet a hell of a lot that this washing machine element isn't going to happen. The graphic mock up of it was done by TowersTimes and all the rumors have pretty much come from them. TT aren't as reliable as they used to be, recently they claimed Towers was replacing their Enterprise with a brand new one which wasn't the case, it's receiving a heavy refurbishment.

Completely agree Lew.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    I clearly dont suffer this mysterious eurofighter roughness. I find Saw just fine yet people i ride with swear it knocked them senseless. Weird. Takabisha is just fine too.

So I cant wait for this :) even if I'm the only one who comes off without a headache.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^It doesn't knock me senseless, it just gives me a headache, some of the transitions are really tight lol

I love a good knock about, I mean The Ultimate is one of my favourite rides due to how bad it beats you up :p

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading