Theme Park Discussion / Alton Towers 2013

• Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    If this ride is smooth, it's gonna kick so much ass. Can't wait.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Key words beings: if this ride is smooth
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    If it is this is going to be one hell of a ride. Looks like I'll be getting myself over there some time in May.
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    Ah you Brits are so lucky. This is now one of my most anticipated rides for this year.

Hopefully it will be smooth. Do we know if the trains will have OTSR's or lappies yet?
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    ^Most of the images show OTSR's but anything could happen. Maybe they're purposely showing OTSR's and we will be pleasantly surprised but I highly doubt that. It would make a great deal of difference to the general public so why would they bother hiding lapbars. I've had a bet with Louis that it'll have standard Gerts OTSR's.

The Marmaliser:
    Posted Image

The Inoculator
    Posted Image

The Hypnotiser
    Posted Image

The Tickler
    Posted Image

The Giggler
    Posted Image

http://www.dailymail...s_campaign=1490

I'm thinking "The Inoculator" and "The Giggler" will do something. Inoculator squirt water? Giggler spray mist/air?

Crazy as fuck? slightly tacky but extremely original. Love it!
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    Holy shit. That's cray.

So the inversion count is confirmed to be at least 14, according to ThemeParks-UK, with a 15th possibly rumored.

Posted Image Posted Image

You Brits are so lucky.

And I hope the trains have lapbars as well. Gerstlauer OTSR's are so bulky and if the ride jerks enough produce some headbanging. You'd think they would do lapbars for the smoothest ride experience?
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I predict lapbars and 15 inversions.
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    Just pray the Gerstlauer cars are as good as the Mack ones which are used on Blue Fire. You can't get more comfortable coaster seats than those, combined with incredible smoothness.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    This thing is ridiculous, possibly in a good way. Still the most worthy of a SW-title addition since Air.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    The tracks about 90% done now I'd say. The two lifts, two drops, two "airtime" hills and a dive loop to go. There's something pictures there that are a day or two old:

http://www.towersstr...5th-march-2013/

But more importantly, the trains have arrived! Still wrapped up but at least they're here.

https://pbs.twimg.co...Am-Yo.jpg:large

They look a bit wider than the standard Gerts Eurofighter trains or is it me? The base of the train also look different?
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    More pictures! Come on Towers post the rest of the train now :p/>

https://pbs.twimg.co...EMeB-.jpg:large

Hmm the train looks the same as the standard Eurofighters but now are they standard Gerts restraints or something new?
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Well it's gonna be shit!

Posted Image

£10 for winning a bet though.
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    Well, it's official now, the cars have OTSR...
    btw, looking at the drawing again you can see how much effort they need to make to keep it into the landscape.

#edit, damnit Airtime you were a few seconds earlier xD
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    The design on those cars is hideous.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    boooooooo
  • garfield3gs%s's Photo
    well construction has now been complete ! check out Towerstimes for Ariel photos of the track fully constructed. looking good if i am honest.... looking big compared to oblivion.

on a side note who is trying reconstructing this on rct2 ;)/> would make a interesting project for someone.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Was at Towers today and I have to say it looks really sexy. We'll see how it rides in May though :p
  • garfield3gs%s's Photo

Was at Towers today and I have to say it looks really sexy. We'll see how it rides in May though :p/>

yet to see it in the person, only on pictures... how does it compare to the pictures if you don't mind me asking ? and also how is the park generally ? ready for the big summer season it is going to have?

you going to try your hand at recreating the smiler on rct2 when you have rode it ?
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    A lot better in person than it does in pictures. Park seems like normal. I rarely go on busy days now as I cba to queue for anything. Oblivion looks good with it's repaint and theyve done some work on the trains so that's all good.

I think it will be touch and go if they can get it open in time still.

And nah, cba to recreate it.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading