(Archive) Advertising District / Goliath - La Ronde Vancouver

• Louis!%s's Photo
    La Ronde Vancouver was opened in 1986 as the midway of the Expo 86 World's Fair and is now owned and operated by Six Flags. It is the second largest amusement park in Canada after Canada's Wonderland, with about 2.5 million guests in 2006. The park is under a emphyteutic lease with the City of Vancouver, which expires in 2086.

Posted Image

La Ronde Vancouver's B&M Mega Coaster, Goliath
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    nice start louis, are you planning to recreate a whole La Ronde?
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Delicious. I want more.
  • Hepta%s's Photo
    Looking forward to seeing the details like your realistic brakerun/station.

Curious though, how did the City of Montreal get control of a park in Vancouver? Or is it La Ronde Vancouver that is in Montreal? Mind games, Louis, mind games. :p/>
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Pierrot - it's inspired by, not recreated, I did think about doing a whole park, but for the time being, it's just a design.

Hepta - haha, simple mis-type, it's been fixed now :p It's based on the idea that La Ronde at Expo 67 in Montreal was so successful that when the World Fair came to Vancouver in 86 they also built a La Ronde.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    You get my thumbs up!
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    Intriguing, I want to see more!
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Not much to comment on but I am definitely interested.
  • Hepta%s's Photo
    Haha I figured it was a typo. It took me a second at first because of Goliath's colors, but then I realized what a clever idea it is :p. Also nice to see this coming from someone who isn't Canadian!
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    I actually really loved La Ronde when I visited earlier this year. Sure the place was rather dumpy and everything was in disrepair or needing coats of paint, but it had a feel to it that most parks don't have. I'd like to visit again.

Looking forward to seeing more inspired building and potentially something finished.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    It's so nice to hear comments from everyone, especially CP6. I'm having such a great time building this, this is by far the best work i've done, not that you can tell from this screen, I'm aiming high with this, 2013 is gonna be a good year.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Looks fantastic. I'm happy to see custom catwalks too!
  • Mattk48%s's Photo
    This is an actual picture of Goliath at la ronde. why did you pick an alternate color scheme? i think a steep lift using the vertical drop coaster track would be closest to the actual lift. what you have looks good, im always a fan of custom catwalks.

Posted Image
  • Louis!%s's Photo

This is an actual picture of Goliath at la ronde. why did you pick an alternate color scheme?

Because those colours are disgusting on RCT coasters. This isn't a recreation, hence why this is La Ronde's sister park in Vancouver, not the actual park in Montreal.

Rob - thanks buddy, if you got any time this week to test it would be great, probably be ready tomorrow.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Feel free to send it over whenever!
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    Louis, do you need pics from La Ronde? I have about 630 from the summer and I can put them up online..
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    I don't thing people read replys before posting. Anyways, looks good man. Excited to see more of the "tradition" realistic parks from you.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    so many comments on a small picture of the top of a lift hill. haha

yet just like the rest of them.. i'm very intrigued.
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    This looks really nice, can't wait to see more of the coaster and buildings.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Goliath features an out and back layout that can be seen from everywhere in the park. The skyline has dramatically changed since it's addition.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading