(Archive) Advertising District / Goliath - La Ronde Vancouver

• Maverix%s's Photo
    Digging the constant updates and digging the project. Keep 'em coming.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

It all looks great, one question. Why 8 cars?

Because I felt 9 cars made the train in RCT too long. However I am going to change it to 9 cars.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Awesome details in the parking lot.
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    That's a lovely screen. This looks great.
  • panther33%s's Photo
    Yeah, the only B&M (mega) I know of is Leviathan that has 8 cars. But youre right, the proportions are off.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Is the V shape megas tat have 8 car, standard clamshell are 9. Ill be doing it for realism's sake, but I do think on RCT it's a little bit too long.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I really hope you'll make this a park cuz I think this style works well for you!

I'd say keep it up!
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Don't forget the "Warning:High Voltage, enter at own risk" signs!
    http://www.coasterga...9/Goliath21.jpg
  • imawesome1124%s's Photo
    Looks real nice. I'm looking forward to this.
  • panther33%s's Photo
    Louis, thats all true, but Leviathan has 8.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    looooove the 'faded' lines of the parking lot under the ride..

i assume that's why they're grey?
  • Louis!%s's Photo

Louis, thats all true, but Leviathan has 8.

Really? In that case I'll keep 8 as it is meant to be one of the newer variety of B&Ms. That MCBR comes right at the end just before the final brakes.

Thanks for all the comments guys. It's really appreciated. It's brilliant to see so many comments at a time when it seems theres a bit of a lull here.
  • MeMeMe%s's Photo
    As a La Ronde native, I am intrigued. Which features of actual La Ronde will be present in this park (the lake, the two car parks, the monorail, the clone rides)?
    ^ He said for now it's just a design.
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    That looks pretty awesome Louis, Really looking forward to this alot. But I agree with what BelgianGuy said. No offense to your other work, but this grabs my eyes. Really would love to see what you could do with a full size park.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    So after a load of brilliant feedback from CP6, Kumba, Geewhzz, Pacificoaster, Maverix, Liampie & Airtime, (and of course all the replies in here) I've added and redone quite a lot of stuff to make the release as great as possible. So here's a few updated versions of the previous screens. I admit that in these screens there isn't a great deal of difference, so I've thrown in a bonus screen at the end.

Posted Image
    Parked cars, warning signs on fences, concrete bollards and arrows

Posted Image
    Spiral staircase, black queue line fencing, broken down monorail, warning signs on fences and overhanging flags

Posted Image
    finished foliage, disabled parking now pick-up/drop-off point and still 8-cars per train

Posted Image
    bonus screen of a Johnny Rockets billboard in the car park
  • Ling%s's Photo
    The glitching tarmac/lines (particularly under that turnaround) are the only things that bother me. Everything else is pretty much perfect.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    It's pretty astounding, to me at least, how those little changes made such a difference. Probably your best work and this style suits you. Its right up there with gee, robbie and Pacificoaster, I think. Make this into a full park! It'll easily nab a Spotlight.
    I'll echo the two guys above me, this is superb!
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I have to agree with Steve. Amazing work.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading