(Archive) Advertising District / Goliath - La Ronde Vancouver

• dr dirt%s's Photo
    Don't like the brown rails
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    I like them, gives the coaster a sense of age. Nothing to overly exciting about the screen, but a good realistic scene nonetheless.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    its*

Aside from typos I am not too fond of that queue. It seems that you turned an old maintenance road into some of the queue. I can acknowledge that you might be attempting some Six Flags realism here, but it just looks a bit silly IMO. Also, I don't like what you did with the queue railings. I would suggest using Kumba's in this case.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    I dislike the brown fence under the lifthill.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I agree with dr dirt and Pacificoaster (and Austin55 too), but I really like that helix and the wooden queue coverings you made!
  • Louis!%s's Photo

It seems that you turned an old maintenance road into some of the queue.

hit the nail on the head, so in my eyes, i've done my job pretty well :p
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Those queue covers look awesome. Really nice stuff.
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    I think it's a good idea to use the old maintenance road as a queue, but I dislike the queue fences, especially the diagonal ones. I'd pick or make a more noticable fence type. Everything else is great, I love the custom brakerun, the usage of the small footers, the minimal foliage here and also the brown rail.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    It only gets better. Love the rails and covers. Looking forward to more.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    Dimi sums up my thoughts pretty well. Not a fan of the queue fences, but the detail in the brake run is awesome and that helix executed brilliantly.
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    Cool project. Not sure how I feel about the maintenance road being used as a queue. Your queue over-hangings are really creative, though not sure how I feel about them either. They kind of clash with the modernness of the coaster. Though I think I understand what you were going for, with the setting being Canada, perhaps?

The support-work is great, and I guess by looking at the footers that are off, its because there wasn't a footer that would have the correct placement (under the helix). I like everything else. Will be watching this!
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    i like how the smaller footers look a lot..
  • SixFlagsTexas1994%s's Photo
    Did you use a Junior Coaster on the brake run to make the wheels? Because that's a brilliant idea...
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^I did indeed.

Should be another screen posted today at some point.
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    I used junior coaster as break wheel in my old work, it feels great to see it again.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    To address previous concerns over the queue fence and coaster rails, the fence is now coloured black to make it stand out and the rails are staying brown as orange rails makes the coaster too bright and grey rails are so pale they look white.

Posted Image

Due to limited space for a coaster of this size, La Ronde Vancouver had to re-think their car park design.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    Very cool.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    It's good.
  • Hepta%s's Photo
    I dig the brown rails.

+1 for the varied pavement texture.

It is good.
  • panther33%s's Photo
    It all looks great, one question. Why 8 cars?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading