(Archive) Advertising District / Electric Park

• zburns999%s's Photo
    Ok, so long story short here. If any of you remember, about three years ago I started a topic for a project by the same name. Because I tend to be a perfectionist and spent way too much time on every little thing, I lost interest in the project pretty soon after beginning.

Lately, I've been wanting to build something in RCT because it's fun and I want to contribute to the community. Nin's topic (and the recent Podcast) really got me thinking about how we play RCT and how things used to be much simpler back in the H2H4/ProTour 2 era. Much less time and effort was put into things looking perfect. I kind of wanted to take that idea and run with it, and see if I could complete a relatively small (60x60) park, in a somewhat short period of time. I chose to use NCSO just so I would force myself to use nothing more than the necessities. I'll try to update the topic fairly recently. No promises, though haha.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Electric Park is meant to be a traditional old-school park (much like Kennywood or Waldameer) located in Scranton, PA. Lot's of dark rides and traditional charm to be found.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    FIT AS FUCK
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    holy spitsauce
  • nin%s's Photo
    this is what I'm fucking talking about people.

Disclaimer: This is only example of what said user was talking about. If one wishes to use custom scenery and create more detailed structures, that is entirely understandable and acceptable. It is the idea behind creating a park for the sake of it rather than the act of replicating real life by the block.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    i approve
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Can't wait to see this in person, even though I'm not a fan of the big building in the first screen. Paramount's Xtreme was a big inspiration for me.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    immediately screamed kennywood. looking to have some awesome atmosphere.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Love the use of abstract statues.

Go on, finish this. I'd say it's more detailed than necessary already.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Awesome. I want to build a park like this. Is there a good NCSO bench around?!
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Read "Pennyland" as "Pantyland" for a second and got immediately confused. Looks great though!
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Fuck it! I'm gonna go download all the H2H4, H2H3, PT2, PT1, and HiRollers RCT2 parks again! This has inspired me to build
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    Steve: Its very easy to make a decent ncso bench yourself in less than half an hour.

Ontopic: Nice screens. I think that the colour and texture combinations are somewhat adventurous, but it looks like you're having fun. Please continue!
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Please don't fall into the trap most NCSO people fall into though, of placing random textures and colours together to make up for the lack of objects.

So far, so good.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    God, I keep coming back to look at that second screen. I LOVE the colors and the rides you built :mantis:
  • RCTER2%s's Photo
    I love the sci fi gate and wooden coaster roof! I don't like the pirate wall and roof.
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    Wow guys, thanks so much for the kind words! Glad to see that this type of style is still appreciated. Louis, I totally understand what you mean, and I've been giving my best effort to not let that happen. It's tough not to get too eclectic with NCSO, as the objects that are most practical to use can get redundant easily.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Zburns I love you and Ramsam.
  • RamSam12%s's Photo
    I'm excited to see the layout since your Phantom remake has inversions. Both screens reflect Kennywood's atmosphere very well.
  • trav%s's Photo
    All I have to say is that that coaster better have some inversions with those OTSRs.
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    New screen, and moving right along on this. Probably at about 50%-60%. Not a whole lot to the park, but hoping it packs a punch.

Posted Image

"Monster Manor," a Bill Tracey dark ride.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading