(Archive) Advertising District / Electric Park

• trav%s's Photo
    I see an inversion, panic over.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I love that so much.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Fantastic. Makes me wanna try some NCSO work out.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo

I see an inversion, panic over.

As opposed to the inversion in the second screen of the first post? :p

Looking great. Love this screen even more than the first two.
  • Felipe//%s's Photo
    Hmmm... I really don't know what to think about last screen. =/ The first two were absolutely fine, maybe I'd just adjust the blue wall on the first to a darker blue, but this last one doesn't work for me. It's not about the elements in there, it's more about the composition, I guess.

I know it's such a "whore job" to say people how or what they should build, but let me go with some suggestions:
    1. Put the station indoor of the actual building, but leave the queue outside, as its now.
    2. Delete the trackitecture roof and build the normal grey instead (or even the jungle wooden one)
    3. Replace the skeleton to the canvas roof or the upper front steel blocks. An sculpture like that, in my eyes, should be more visible to more guests, cause it'd help attracting them to the ride, in real life. On its current place, a dying, poorly conserved garden and a few gravestones would make it. The lady's roman statue would be fine in there too.

Hope you try those out, but, obviously, it's all up to your preferences. =)
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    Is the icy ground in the corner to mark a handicap ramp?
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I really like that. The Virginia Reel does bother me a bit, not sure why. Maybe extend the actual building towards that center turn to shorten it up? Not sure, still like it as is. Also an extreme nitpick but maybe rotate one of the castle towers so they're not completely symmetrical? Ahah, still, great work dude.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    Honestly, I didn't get everyone's excitement after seeing the first two screens above. Some of it is great (the sculptures, for example), but it just isn't pleasing to the eye. The 2nd of the two is good, though. This last one is great. I'm also not a fan of the Virgina Reel.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    I like it.. i just dont' know how i feel with the rock wall in the middle?
  • pierrot%s's Photo

Fantastic. Makes me wanna try some NCSO work out.

this.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    People trying out NCSO everynow and then is great! But please, PLEASE, don't let the community go back to it. If you want nostalgia play LL!
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    Hush, you!

Back to topic.
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    That's a really nice lookin' dark ride! I really like it. Love what your doin' here.
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    Thanks again for all the comments, guys. And thank you Felipe and Steve for the advice. As always, I'll take the suggestions into account and see what works/what doesn't.

Rhynos, the ice isn't for a handicap ramp; it's the ramp leading to the park's carousel, which has sort of an ice(ish) theme.

And corkscrewy, I added the rock wall just to break up the castle texture. I rather like how it looks, which is odd because I thought it would look horrible.

Anyway, here's a new screen...
    Posted Image

Pistol Pete's Dance Hall, which was a main attraction of the park in its early days, now serves as a sit-in restaurant.

Not sure if I'll show another screen or not. As I said before, the park is very small, and I don't want to show the whole damn thing before it's even released.
  • Mr. Coaster%s's Photo
    I might say mixing in a little brown catwalks on the woodie would work better. It looks too red right now. Not even Racer (which I'm assuming you're emulating) is that red, it has brown catwalks as well I believe. Though lovely screen nonetheless.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    Not sure if I did those coaster colors. maybe with a brown track? or red track with grey supports? not really sure. otherwise, good stuff. my only advice would be to make sure you are building a strong atmosphere, as that's really what makes or break ncso imo, much more than details or trackitecture.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    NOOOOOOOOO you've fallen into the trap!! It's the ice. Totally doesn't work.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    If you could put walls on the left and right sides of the ice it would be perfect, I think.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I think you're falling in the trap indeed. Look at that in the top left corner. I'm sorry but it's a mess. The dance hall is looking pretty, but again there are some weird unnecessary texture choices.
  • Sulakke%s's Photo
    I like the ice and the rest of the screen, except for the coaster colors. It's good to try some different colors for a woodie, but these just don't look good at all.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading