RCT Discussion / NE Weekly Chat

• Fisch%s's Photo
    Hey everyone that loves, has ever loved, or is going to start loving this game anytime soon. :p

It's been a topic before but it has been shot down by previous admins. The site has had an integrated chatroom for a while but activity lessened as no dates were set for when people should come online so there'd be a at least handful of people in the chatroom simultaneously.

I think what the community needs to stay alive is a strong connection between us members, no matter how frequently we play the game. I'm talking to anyone really who visits the forums, no matter if a registered member or just an occasional lurker that hasn't signed up, no matter if it's a well proven multiple accolade winning H2H veteran or someone who hasn't won an accolade so far:

I'd love there to be a weekly NE chat or something like that for members to intermingle and share views on topics, parks, or trends in the community. It's not hard to set up either, we could agree upon a chat platform or simply an instant messenger and set dates and times in this thread for when chats are being held.

I'm sure it'll boost the activity as we will be motivating eachother to play the game simply by talking about it and it'll go nicely alongside the NE social media campaign.

What do you guys think? Are you interested?
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    Nice idea, Fisch. I'd be interested in seeing this happen.
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    very well said Fisch!
  • JJayMForce%s's Photo
    ^ indeed, sounds fun.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    I'd be down for it.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I'd love to chat, sounds fun.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    the replacements had some great chats back during h2h, I'd love to do this!
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    definitely...i miss working with Dimi!
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Yes please!
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    I could see this working very well, though i could also see it never getting used after a little while. But, i we won't ever know until we try.

So, we are still in freeze on a bunch of things because GeeWhzz is designing NE5? Maybe he can integrate the idea there? I'm not up to date on my behind the scenes happenings, maybe i'm wrong....

FK
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    Great, I'm sure there are still a lot more who'd be interested than just us who have posted in this topic.

Lets set a time then. We could easily just have a chat tomorrow and from then on hold the weekly chat on sunday or just vary every week and keep announcing it in here.

I also wanna mention that I have admin rights on a teamspeak server of a friend. We could use that as well, it's easy to use and another step up from just group chatting. It'd also be fun to hear how well everyone's English really is. :p Wonder how the accents of Liam and co. sound if they have accents that is. :p

So my suggestion would be to just hold a chat tomorrow or talk on teamspeak.

Lets discuss the time so everyone no matter from what continent has a chance to join us.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    I got the impression this was basically a chat as in like the old NE chat not so much a talk? But if this works it would definitely be good and interesting to participate in. Listening to accents is hilarious especially someone who would have a strong accent.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    No way I'm letting you make fun of my accent ever. :p I'm pro chatbox though, that could be fun.
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    It's not like this is something official or something that's tied to rules, Airtime. Just made a topic to coordinate group chats and merely put out there that there is the option of conversing via teamspeak for whoever wants to do so.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    What's rules got to do with anything? My point was when reading this I thought it was typing until reading your previous comment that it was voice. I was looking for clarity more than anything.
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    I assumed the same thing; that this was going to be like the old NE chatroom. But you know what they say when you assume things....
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    I'd prefer to type, honestly, but I suppose either one would be alright.
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    no no no don't get me wrong. I just put it out there for those who ever would wanna talk that there is a teamspeak server.
    I just wanted to provide the option.

It's not like I'm deciding anything here anyway. This topic is simply me trying to set up chats.
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    With the help of Posix I am now in the NE IRC chatroom and will stay in there for some more time.
    Basically to test if this is a chat everybody is able to connect to and use, so join me and give me some feedback.

You can easily join by following these steps:

- download the firefox extension chatzilla at
    http://chatzilla.hacksrus.com/
    (I have googled but didn't find a chrome extension sadly)

- first type in
    /server irc.gamesurge.net

- then type in
    /j #nedesigns

that's all

(if you have trouble with launching chatzilla:
    after installing the extension just start it from the extension bar at the bottom of your browser. if it's not in there or you can't find the extension bar do this: right click the firefox bar at the top of the browser window. put a check mark next to where it says extension or addon bar. the bar will appear at the bottom of your browser. if chatzilla isn't in there right click the addon bar and click on optimize or whatever it says at the bottom. then simply drag the chatzilla extension from the popup into the bar at the bottom of your browser. done and ready to launch irc)

Come and join me
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Sucks that I can't join now. At least not these days untill I get a new laptop. My current one doesn't run firefox well.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading