• Casimir%s's Photo

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3trx8n/

cant get the embedding to work

Posted Image
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    #datblow
  • Angroc%s's Photo

http://qkme.me/3tplk1

Hehe this one made me snicker. Great thread!
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    Posted Image

I think this thread will become nearly as big as the dump place.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    ^bahahahahahahaha that's fucking great
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    That's not funny. Memes are not funny.
  • nin%s's Photo
    that's not very funny MA. I feel obligated to post a Family Guy reference in response, but I'll hold my ground here.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    I despise memes. I cant wait for the days where they fall out of popularity and you look like a douche for using or referring to one. Those days are on their way in already, it seems. Memes are stupid, overused, generally repetitive, not used properly, and obnoxious.

So I cant explain why they are so goddamn funny.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    On the internet Memes can be / are quite funny but I hate it so much when people start talking in/about memes in real life.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Sorry Austin, no luck on this one. Memes will never be "gone".

This guy can explain it better than me, though.
    http://www.youtube.c...h?v=eNBOkp346G8
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    fuck everything about memes
  • Chocotopian%s's Photo

I despise memes. I cant wait for the days where they fall out of popularity and you look like a douche for using or referring to one. Those days are on their way in already, it seems. Memes are stupid, overused, generally repetitive, not used properly, and obnoxious.

Yep, memes are repetitive/overused and not used properly, but so is half of the internet. Similarly, they're obnoxious in the way that most of the stuff on the internet is, with YouTube comments fighting for 'likes' on any video, which in itself has begged for subscriptions and comments. The internet is one big popularity contest. I'd even argue that a lot of the posts here on NE are written purely for appreciation. To me, memes are just pictorial versions of comments or quotes, and who can say they've never quoted something for comedic effect? I personally don't mind memes. I treat them just like a joke: some of which I've heard before, and some which were never funny in the first place.
  • Maverick%s's Photo

Yep, memes are repetitive/overused and not used properly, but so is half of the internet. Similarly, they're obnoxious in the way that most of the stuff on the internet is, with YouTube comments fighting for 'likes' on any video, which in itself has begged for subscriptions and comments. The internet is one big popularity contest. I'd even argue that a lot of the posts here on NE are written purely for appreciation. To me, memes are just pictorial versions of comments or quotes, and who can say they've never quoted something for comedic effect? I personally don't mind memes. I treat them just like a joke: some of which I've heard before, and some which were never funny in the first place.

I can't find the "like" button for this post.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    sometimes memes give me a chuckle. anti-joke chicken can be funny, and the 60s spiderman ones are good. It's pretty much as hit or miss as reading jokes in any manner. Some people make good or bad jokes regardless of the medium.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    Its pretty much the homogenisation and dumbing down of humour that i find sickening. Its like making rivers of babylon 3567775444434444445445 times because yoy thought it was good. yeah the first few are enjoyable but then its just dead horse beating.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading