General Chat / The NE Meme Thread

• chorkiel%s's Photo
    I get your point Sam, and a lot of times I agree with it. Especially the forced memes like Chuck Testa and Rebecca Black were a couple of years ago. Those have all just annoyed me.

A lot of memes are still good though.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    It's kind of like the 20 second run-down on Tosh.0. He does 20 seconds of jokes about one video. And it stops after that, because to keep going wouldn't be funny anymore. Not that Daniel Tosh is funny.

There becomes after a while, a short-cut to joke telling. Way back when, phrases like "What's the deal with..." "You're mother's so fat..." were a hack comedians way of prepping you to expect that a joke was coming. Now it's a shitty picture with some macro text and any asshole with internet access can make a "joke". I'm not going to sit here and say I've never laughed at one, but you can't sit there and say most of them aren't forced, contrived, and really fucking dumb. I prefer my internet to not include the circle-jerk of in-jokes that "memes" and rage comics have turned into, and I DEFINITELY hate the fact that I can't use the correct definition of meme in a discussion of evolutionary biology without a LOLCATZ reference being brought up.

That Family Guy clip wasn't meant to be funny. In fact, I don't think that even Family Guy intended it to be funny.
  • That Guy%s's Photo

It's kind of like the 20 second run-down on Tosh.0. He does 20 seconds of jokes about one video. And it stops after that, because to keep going wouldn't be funny anymore. Not that Daniel Tosh is funny.

There becomes after a while, a short-cut to joke telling. Way back when, phrases like "What's the deal with..." "You're mother's so fat..." were a hack comedians way of prepping you to expect that a joke was coming. Now it's a shitty picture with some macro text and any asshole with internet access can make a "joke". I'm not going to sit here and say I've never laughed at one, but you can't sit there and say most of them aren't forced, contrived, and really fucking dumb. I prefer my internet to not include the circle-jerk of in-jokes that "memes" and rage comics have turned into, and I DEFINITELY hate the fact that I can't use the correct definition of meme in a discussion of evolutionary biology without a LOLCATZ reference being brought up.

That Family Guy clip wasn't meant to be funny. In fact, I don't think that even Family Guy intended it to be funny.

So did you post the Family Guy clip as an ironic way of making fun of overused joke prepositions? That's even funnier than that time that celebrity did that thing which was ironic.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

So did you post the Family Guy clip as an ironic way of making fun of overused joke prepositions? That's even funnier than that time that celebrity did that thing which was ironic.

Honestly, I saw it like a day before this came up and it was the first thing that came to mind when I read this thread. Not really that deep. Point taken, though, sir.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

Not that Daniel Tosh is funny.

Best point made in this entire thread.
  • Twiggy%s's Photo
    Time for me to bump this thread with a crappily made meme that'll stir up even more discussion about meme. Yes!
    Posted Image
    Look at the horrible NE logo color-jack!
  • Scoop%s's Photo

edit

• chorkiel%s's Photo
    That's got to be the most forced meme ever.
  • Austin55%s's Photo

I love that Mrbuckeye's post was so bad it killed this thread.

• Xeccah%s's Photo
    man i really wish that mrbuckeye kid was still around...........
  • Jappy%s's Photo

We should start this back up again.

• Liampie%s's Photo
  • G Force%s's Photo

wow

• Austin55%s's Photo
    Welp.

See y'all in 3 years.
  • Jappy%s's Photo

2016 on NE be like:

NEmeme.jpg

• csw%s's Photo

gold*

• MorganFan%s's Photo

No, this is gold.

• nin%s's Photo
    Attached File  IMG_4197.PNG (961.33KB)
    downloads: 52
    Forever the best of the NE twitter account.
  • Stoksy%s's Photo

Hoooly shit hahaha, the NE twitter has to come back

• nin%s's Photo
    Attached File  IMG_4199.PNG (55.26KB)
    downloads: 9

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading