Contests / NE Contest Survey

First of all, would you like a contest to happen in the near future?

1. Yes 69 votes [81.18%]
    Percentage of vote: 81.18%
  2. No 3 votes [3.53%]
    Percentage of vote: 3.53%
  3. It doesnt matter to me 13 votes [15.29%]
    Percentage of vote: 15.29%

Secondly, if a contest was held would you be likely to participate?

1. Very likely 18 votes [21.18%]
    Percentage of vote: 21.18%
  2. Likely 15 votes [17.65%]
    Percentage of vote: 17.65%
  3. Depends on what the contest is/when it takes place etc. 40 votes [47.06%]
    Percentage of vote: 47.06%
  4. Unlikely 8 votes [9.41%]
    Percentage of vote: 9.41%
  5. Highly unlikely 4 votes [4.71%]
    Percentage of vote: 4.71%

If we decided to hold a contest, how large a timespan would you prefer it to take place over?

1. 1 - 3 Weeks 5 votes [5.88%]
    Percentage of vote: 5.88%
  2. 1 - 2 Months 38 votes [44.71%]
    Percentage of vote: 44.71%
  3. 3 - 6 Months 19 votes [22.35%]
    Percentage of vote: 22.35%
  4. 6 - 12 Months 3 votes [3.53%]
    Percentage of vote: 3.53%
  5. 12 Months + 1 vote [1.18%]
    Percentage of vote: 1.18%
  6. It doesnt matter to me 19 votes [22.35%]
    Percentage of vote: 22.35%

Would prize money encourage you to participate in a contest?

1. It would encourage me to participate and encourage me to finish an entry 14 votes [16.47%]
    Percentage of vote: 16.47%
  2. It would encourage me to participate but not necessarily finish 8 votes [9.41%]
    Percentage of vote: 9.41%
  3. It doesnt matter to me 38 votes [44.71%]
    Percentage of vote: 44.71%
  4. Offering prize money would be ridiculous 25 votes [29.41%]
    Percentage of vote: 29.41%

We have a large history of successful contest formats, if a contest was run would you prefer to see a new contest or one we have previously held?

1. Brand new contest 15 votes [17.65%]
  2. A new twist on a previous classic 25 votes [29.41%]
    Percentage of vote: 29.41%
  3. A New Element Classic 15 votes [17.65%]
  4. It doesnt matter to me 30 votes [35.29%]
    Percentage of vote: 35.29%

If we revisited a previous contest, which from the list appeals to you most?

1. Pro Tour 29 votes [34.12%]
    Percentage of vote: 34.12%
  2. Micro Madness 18 votes [21.18%]
    Percentage of vote: 21.18%
  3. Hi-Rollers 7 votes [8.24%]
    Percentage of vote: 8.24%
  4. Blockbuster Challenge 10 votes [11.76%]
    Percentage of vote: 11.76%
  5. New Element Design Challenge 21 votes [24.71%]
    Percentage of vote: 24.71%

Contests can take various forms regarding format style and the games used, from the list which appeal to you most? (You can select multiple choices)

1. [Game Choice] All Game Formats 53 votes [14.21%]
    Percentage of vote: 14.21%
  2. [Game Choice] LL Only 9 votes [2.41%]
    Percentage of vote: 2.41%
  3. [Game Choice] RCT2 Only 23 votes [6.17%]
    Percentage of vote: 6.17%
  4. [Game Choice] NCSO Only 18 votes [4.83%]
    Percentage of vote: 4.83%
  5. [Contest Style] Solo Contest 42 votes [11.26%]
    Percentage of vote: 11.26%
  6. [Contest Style] Duo Contest 29 votes [7.77%]
    Percentage of vote: 7.77%
  7. [Contest Style] Mix of Solo/Duo 32 votes [8.58%]
    Percentage of vote: 8.58%
  8. [Contest Style] Team Contest 30 votes [8.04%]
    Percentage of vote: 8.04%
  9. [Contest Format] Single Round Contest (eg. NEDC) 35 votes [9.38%]
    Percentage of vote: 9.38%
  10. [Contest Format] Multiple Round Contest (eg. rounds give points, winner = most points after all rounds) 33 votes [8.85%]
    Percentage of vote: 8.85%
  11. [Contest Format] Elimination Contest (eg. Micro Madness) 37 votes [9.92%]
    Percentage of vote: 9.92%
  12. [Contest Format] Qualifier Contest (eg. Pro Tour) 32 votes [8.58%]
    Percentage of vote: 8.58%
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Definitely consider Park Wars, I think with some adjustments it could really be an awesome contest. It can also last a long time, doesn't have the pressure of finishing the whole park at once, but rather every (RCT) year an attraction added.. I just would love to see parks build up from scratch and see it grow every (RCT) year. (that is what Park Wars was right? :p)

If not Park Wars, I guess a PT could work, with Spotlight/Gold winners automatically qualifying and the rest need to do some prelims.. It only could work if it's not run like PT3 tho :p

Micro Madness has too small park sizes for me, I like big parks :)
    Same for the design contest, and High Rollers is like the same as the PT, but not so exclusive with everyone being able to enter.. Blockbuster Challenge sounds nice, but I'm not sure there is enough interest for a narrowed down theme selection..

So my vote: Park Wars!
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Nin, if we went by silver or above, currently 42 active members automatically can skip prelims

if we went by gold or above, 25 would be
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    But does that count percentages to? like, I'm pretty sure my 5% or so of thrill point should not be enough to get me in automatically.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

But does that count percentages to? like, I'm pretty sure my 5% or so of thrill point should not be enough to get me in automatically.

no, you had to do at least 60% of the accolade to qualify

except for jusmith but i considering TTA was a spotlight...
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    I wouldn't qualify for anything.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    me neither....Can i get in as one of the few people to finish a park for PT3? I would likely be one of the only ones to compete from last round. Except maybe 5Dave all the others have been MIA: Jazz, Gwazi, DisneyLhand, Camcorder.

FK
  • Mattk48%s's Photo
    Idea for a new contest,

What of everyone voted on a design that won a accolade, and then your challenge would be to make that design into a full park. You could have some sort of qualifier round for that
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Idea for a new contest,

What of everyone voted on a design that won a accolade, and then your challenge would be to make that design into a full park. You could have some sort of qualifier round for that

Very interesting in theory, but in practice designs are not often built in a way that is condusive to expanding. Besides, think of it this way: contestants would be building a 5-area park with one "free space" already filled. Not only could that area not be judged, it would mean less original work in total.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Im not a fan of those ideas where the bench already has something on it, like ][ siggested a pre done landscape or grenn water. fuck that every cunt would have something similar, that shit gets boring real quick cos your looking at the big picture over and over and over again. like the ne desgin contest, like the woodie was good but once youve seen it, youre just looking at the surroundings and it looses the definition of design
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    I feel like that is valid criticism only for things that include pre-built segments. We would never see twenty identical layouts just because you need to use green water. I think the point you are trying to make is that there is only one way to use green water, which is just as silly
    as saying there is only one way to theme a wooden coaster. Even if some contestants fall back on the most obvious use of green water, they're going to have different interpretations of what that is. To you green water might mean a swamp, to me it might mean an alien planet, a biohazard battlefield, a mysterious forest, or something completely different.
  • Maverick%s's Photo

I feel like that is valid criticism only for things that include pre-built segments. We would never see twenty identical layouts just because you need to use green water. I think the point you are trying to make is that there is only one way to use green water, which is just as silly
    as saying there is only one way to theme a wooden coaster. Even if some contestants fall back on the most obvious use of green water, they're going to have different interpretations of what that is. To you green water might mean a swamp, to me it might mean an alien planet, a biohazard battlefield, a mysterious forest, or something completely different.

Mountain Dew Theme Park.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I think a park challenge would be fun,

you have a set coaster and ride line-up that you have to make with always an option of 2 when it comes to coasters and big rides

like:
    Main rides
    1. Floorless B&M / Intamin rocket
    2. Woodie / Morgan Hyper
    3. Kiddie Coaster / Vekoma Boomerang
    4. Half pipe coaster / Mine train coaster
    5. River Rapids / Flume

flats:
    frisbee
    S&S tower / intamin freefall
    Scrambler
    Caroussel
    Custom flat by choice
    Car ride

have everybody work on map between 65x65 and 75x75 and set no other restirctions...
    could work and somewhat makes it more fixed

like NEPC or something like that
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I think an adaption of JDP's 'No I in team' contest, could probably work as well.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    BRING BACK PROJECT ANARCHY
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

no, you had to do at least 60% of the accolade to qualify

except for jusmith but i considering TTA was a spotlight...

I just read this. When do you consider someone active? Because jusmith isn't quite active, considering his last release is nearly two years ago and his last post, in which he didn't show anything, is about a year ago.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

BRING BACK PROJECT ANARCHY

The old file has got to be around somewhere. No reason it can't be continued...
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    It is openly available for the back-bringing
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    SOMEONE SEND ME THE DAMN FILE!

I think Milo did have it as I was over at renaissance. It's LL only though, so we'd have to start an RCT2 one up alongside it.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Looking at the unoficiall QFTB that took place 3 years ago, I'd love to see one of those too!
    Like Cocoa said - a duo QFTB with randomly mixed partners and a three-week deadline would be awesome.

"MFG"
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo

I love the blind collab idea!

You mentioned one hour challenges: I've had this idea for a while, but sort of forgot about it. It would be a tournament contest. To qualify you would have to build something in maybe 12 hours (have to accomodate for different time zones, or I guess you could just stagger when the hour starts for each part of the world?). Then in round one you would get one day to make something, then round two you would get two days, etc. You would have to do something to the map to make before sending it out to make sure that it was worked on in the correct time period, like hide something underground.

This^

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading