General Chat / 2013 NBA Playoffs

• Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    I thought I would open a topic for the NBA post season. Let's discuss predictions, picks, favorites, etc.

Western Conference Finals:
    OKC > Denver in 7

Eastern Conference Finals:
    Heat > Knicks in 6

Finals:
    Heat > OKC in 6
  • csw%s's Photo
    Pacers baby! Paul George with a triple-double tonight, even LeBron can't stop him.

A man can dream, can't he?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I have a pretty good track record with these...

Round 1

Heat vs. Bucks - Heat in 4... thought about the Bucks in 6 for a few minutes... as I rolled on the floor laughing uncontrollably...

Knicks vs. Celtics - Knicks in 6

Indiana vs. Atlanta - Pacers in 5

Nets vs. Bulls - Nets in 6

OKC vs. Hou - OKC in 5

Spurs vs. Lakers - Spurs in 5 (sorry K0NG)

Denver vs. Warriors - Denver in 6

Clippers vs. Grizzlies - Clippers in 5

Quarterfinals

Heat vs. Nets - Heat in 5

Knicks vs. Pacers - Knicks in 7

OKC vs. Clippers - Clippers in 7

Spurs vs. Denver - Spurs in 6

Semifinals

Heat vs. Knicks - Heat in 5

Spurs vs. Clippers - Clippers in 5

NBA Finals

Heat vs. Clippers - Heat in 6

I like Lob City, but yeah it is a big risk having them to beat OKC. They have such great size to go with all those great guards. Still, I can't see any team beating the Heat 4x.

Heat win it all in 2013, the championship stays in Miami and everyone does the...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir2TdfSwH8g
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Can't wait to see Miami buy another championship
    If it's Heat vs. Clippers in the Finals, this thread is gonna get feisty.

Posted Image
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Sad to say but I'd root for the Heat over the Clippers
  • RMM%s's Photo
    excluding miami, the east is a joke. if brooklyn hits their stride though, they can give miami a run for their money. the knicks play hero ball and don't have the talent to pull that shit off against miami. so it comes down to who plays miami.

the clips are a joke, as are the lakers. okc and sa will be a good series. i'd love to see sa do it, but i wouldn't bet on 'em. it's most likely okc and miami again, and i'll let you know my pick after game 1... :p.
    I agree, the east is a joke and a half.

However, I do not understand how you can come off saying that the Clippers are a joke. They have one of, if not the deepest bench in the league. Although the media displays them as a highlight machine and labeled "Lob City", they are much more than that. If you had watched game 1 against the Grizzlies you would have noticed that LA was not trying to force such plays, in fact 65 points came from the guards of Paul, Billups, Bledsoe, and Crawford in which many of those shots were away from the basket. Not even one lob was thrown for Blake Griffin or DeAndre Jordan. Whatever misconception you have for the Clippers is a bit ridiculous as they are easily one of the top 5 teams in the league.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    they have no post play. blake griffin still hasn't developed a legit, consistent post move. their bench play kinda fizzled towards the end of the season. and last year, their offense became stagnant in the 4th quarter and they had to rely on their 6' point guard to carry the scoring load. that's hero ball and you can't rely on your pg scoring 30 a game to win a ring, ask chicago.

now, you're right. they're deep, real deep. but i won't label them a contender until they can prove they're an improved team when the pressure hits in a close game in the 4th. crawford is key. a 2-guard that can create something outta nothing in the clutch.
    Their post play could be a bit better. If Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan could make 15 ft jumpers consistently I believe the Clippers would be that much better in terms of offensive diversity however when they get the ball down in the paint, they both can manage to do very well. In fact, I believe DJ needs to get the ball much more down low as he has a very underestimated spin move. The only issue with that is he would be wrapped up and is a very poor foul shooter. The Clippers may have seemed to be in a bit of a drought after the all star break because a few of the players became injured like Paul, Bledsoe, Billups, Hill, etc however they ended on a nice little 7 game win streak to gather momentum into the playoffs. The Clippers are really a whole new ball club this year so again I don't think that relating the two seasons justifies much as the presence of players like Matt Barnes, Lamar Odom, and Chauncey Billups are now active in the roster.
  • csw%s's Photo
    As much as I hate to go against my hometown team (Pacers), I think the Knicks could make it to the semis at least. Carmelo has to get a ring eventually.

Prediction: Picking a bit of a dark horse here, Spurs over Heat in 7.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Can't wait to see Miami buy another championship

Bullshit. There is a salary cap in the NBA. Your thinking of the Yankees. The big 3 all took a small pay-cut to play for the Heat, a team in a state with no income taxes.
  • Comet%s's Photo

excluding miami, the east is a joke. if brooklyn hits their stride though, they can give miami a run for their money. the knicks play hero ball and don't have the talent to pull that shit off against miami. so it comes down to who plays miami.

Knicks-Heat season series is 3-1 in the Knicks favor. A couple of the games weren't even close really. Just saying...

If the Knicks are playing as well as they were towards the end of the season when they meet Miami they can definitely give the Heat a run for their money
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    ^This. But the rational side of me thinks the Heat are just too good to be stopped.
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    Go Hawks? :|
  • Twiggy%s's Photo

^This. But the rational side of me thinks the Heat are just too good to be stopped.

That's because they are too good. #GOHEAT #GOWARRIORS
  • RMM%s's Photo
    regular season series' carry over little relevance to the postseason.
  • SupraSix%s's Photo

regular season series' carry over little relevance to the postseason.

I beg to differ, 2007 Warrior's 8th seed upset of Mavs, GS swept the season series. It really just depends on the matchups, a season series can show which team has the advantage. Anyways I'm actually excited to watch the rest of the the Warriors Nuggets series now that GS stole home court advantage. I think it will go at least six games now and possibly 7. Probably the best 1st round match up along with with Chicago Brooklyn.

I think the Heat really need to look out for the Pacers, they gave them problems last year and the Pacers are better this year and now have a legit star in Paul George. I actually think the Knicks wont do as well against the Heat, even though they won the season series. I'm expecting the Heat to turn up their defense to the point where the Knicks will stop moving the ball and play isolation ball with JR and Melo.

All that said I do think the heat will repeat, probably playing OKC in the finals.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    With Westbrook out, Clippers got this.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    i'm pretty sure that was the year the baron davis came back from an injury near the end of the season and they were more of a 4 or 5 seed than an 8. you're right though, it's the matchups... more so than the regular season series.

and welp, thanks to beverly, the clippers chances to make the finals just skyrocketed. these playoffs blow, hard.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading