RCT Discussion / Has the realistic "theme park" style reached it's pinnacle

• ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Well That's your opinion Louis, In my opinion he is... He builds stuff with all the 'bells and whistles' you'd expect from realism and he does it with a theme.

Obviously you and others havent seen his recent works. But they are highly detailed and themed.
    Non of this generic stuff that has realistic details. I enjoy ultra realistic as much as the next man. But in the context of this topic "Has the realistic 'themepark' style reached its pinnacle" Theme being the key word here, I would say NO.

Anyway who cares... As long as high quality RCT is being made. No matter what style it is being built in. Im for it, Simple as that...

Im gonna take my leave from this topic, Good day :p/> ....
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I've seen his recent stuff, I'ts not as impressive as people suggest.
  • Steve%s's Photo

after the rct3 screens earlier on this thread, i did a little searching myself. I stumbled across this you-tube video of a test track recreation with a stupid amount of detail. really amazing
    test track

This is UNREAL. Wow. He even put the little videos in there and synched up all the audio perfectly. I love these kinds of RCT3 videos.
  • posix%s's Photo

I don't understand the need to deride genuinely interesting discussion as meaningless. If you don't find significance in this debate, then leave it alone, it's that simple. I find this subject to be extremely interesting and I'm saddened that the community here doesn't share that sentiment. Also, I consider discourse to be both stimulating and beneficial to the community. Would you prefer that we all stayed quiet until we've built something to post in the AD? Is that your idea of a vibrant RCT community? Whatever, if no one else cares then I guess I'll let it die. So much for a discussion board. :|/>

• Brent%s's Photo
    It's sad that you guys killed RCNTW's drive/inspiration to continue building.
  • Magnus Polyspaston%s's Photo

Scotland's, K0NG is not one of the best realistic 'theme' builders.

He was a proper bell end though...
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    :lol:
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    quickly back on the subject of rct3, does anyone know where to find, I guess, just the best stuff? I'm especially interested in those long adventure ride pov things. I scouted shyguy's world and there's some good stuff there but its not really consistent- I feel like the best stuff is getting reposted from somewhere else, kind of like when a member here posts their park on tpr. Or maybe I'm just crazy :p
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    There is a reason I'm still researching for a Fantasy vs. Realism Design Diaries I started in March
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    @cocoa; I think SGW is the best rct3 site out there, maybe even the only decent one.
    RCT3 is way more realistic and limitless than rct2(&LL), but then again it's way more of a pain to build in. I've tried to build in it with all the fancy CSO, but the way the menu's work and all the endless scrolling to find an object is ridiculous and unplayable imo. Sometimes you search like 10 minutes for one object. Then there's the loading times. To load up a park with some objects in it takes like 10 minutes, so just do some quick building like I do with RCT2 isn't even possible. Then when you have full scale completed parks it's a big lag fest (unless you have a $10k computer-which most people haven't).

My hopes are up for themepark studio, as the functionality and customization seems to be incredible, but rct3 really is unplayable. Also, with all the stuff we can do with rct2 currently it looks just as good and I like the old school graphics, it has a certain charm that rct3 misses.
  • G Force%s's Photo

Lol

• Austin55%s's Photo

neat

• nin%s's Photo

because the way it is

• G Force%s's Photo

We'll obviously not, I mean we still see realistic parks get spotlight parks today.  The fact is there are thousands of parks around the world, each of them different.  Which means there's likely always going to be something new to build in a realistic park, combined with the evolution of style, objects, building methods.  The possibilities are continually made endless if you have the right perspective on things.

However, people who view every realistic park as the same because they are unable to see its differences will continue to complain and be upset about this kind of stuff.  Funny thing in most cases, the people complaining are doing more talking than building.  Which is why we don't see any so called "great" fantasy parks that people continually ask for...

• Jappy%s's Photo

I mainly build realism parks, and I'm dead sure I don't fall in the rip-off-rob category, or the generic style :p

• Austin55%s's Photo
    Well, realistic parks have won but not ones with themes like WoF. Westwinds didn't.
  • G Force%s's Photo
    The problem with WW is that it was litterally completely "theme less". Sure there were stylistic similarities between some of the buildings in different areas.

Parks like Starpointe, SFSF or even SFC had very distinctly themed areas. Perhaps the entire park didn't consist of these areas, but they certainly existed.

But even so, I think the problem with WW as that it felt too similar to another park on a micro level. Not everyone was either able to separate the parks enough on a macro level or didn't believe they were different enough. But this is a different discussion for a different topic I reckon.
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

However, people who view every realistic park as the same because they are unable to see its differences will continue to complain and be upset about this kind of stuff.  Funny thing in most cases, the people complaining are doing more talking than building.  Which is why we don't see any so called "great" fantasy parks that people continually ask for...

Dude, there's been plenty of great fantasy parks. Of course they won't be popular as realism given that realistic builders are playing the game closer to the way it was intended to be played. Then there's the fact that, as someone mentioned earlier, fantasy builders are much less common than realistic/semi-realistic builders.

I think the main complaint with most realistic parks are that they just doesn't seem risky enough.

• G Force%s's Photo

I'm not saying there aren't good fantasy park.  I mean Angroc just released a nice fantasy park this week.  But look, it only has 3 comments and 3 ratings despite being released for a few days now.

All I hear in these type of discussions is that people want to see the fantastical and the unusual, the new and the different.  However, when we get something like that, no one seems to care.

Maybe its just the vocal minority effect, but if you want to get your park noticed on NE build realism and even better, build chain park realism...

Not saying that there aren't good fantasy parks, but when people complain about what others are building and don't build anything themselves (or also build the same thing they them self always builds) then you don't have much credibility, in my eyes.

• Austin55%s's Photo

Just wanna say I love the discussion. 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading