Theme Park Discussion / Fantasy Roller Coaster Draft VOTING Thread

• Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Nemesis wasn't chosen? Wow! That makes me sad as the coaster looks great.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    IT WAS CHOSEN. FUCKING HELL.

It was chosen by the guy that dropped out. And AK picked Air.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Facepalm. Just gonna crawl back into my nocturnal shell now.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Yeah, you do that, bitch.
  • Mattk48%s's Photo
    I vote for AIRTIME. Shivering timbers, gatekeeper, cheeta hunt, intimidator, hell yes I'm going to that park
  • MCI%s's Photo
    I vote for Milo's park
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    I picked Air...
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo

Okay but really, El Toro, Alpengeist, Manta, Primeval Whirl, what else could you want?

YOU REALIZE HE CHOSE THE KID'S RIDE MANTA, RIGHT??? I HAVE THE REAL ONE!!!

In other, words... fucking vote for me, or else
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Guys, my park is going to have a Harry Potter themed area. Come on. Not to mention one of the best hypers ever made, and a kickass water coaster. Come on.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Surprised no one has picked Pac or Lews park.

Cool to hear I was tied for 2nd from Cocoa!
  • gir%s's Photo

YOU REALIZE HE CHOSE THE KID'S RIDE MANTA, RIGHT??? I HAVE THE REAL ONE!!!

I FEEL LIKE A MANTAAAA
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Alright... I've been trying to narrow it down but it's been VERY VERY tough. Basically the only lineups I wasn't immediately impressed by were a result of my lack of knowledge about recent rides built in Europe and Asia. I will say that I think there was a general bit of over-valuing newer rides with the exception of legendary classics, and I'm just not the biggest fan of GCI. I do need to ride some more of their stuff though, since I've only been on the "bad" ROAR (SFA) along with Hershey's pair (Wildcat and Lightning Racer, which I really enjoyed, but don't full-on love).

There are also a few rides I'm surprised were not picked. Namely Steel Dragon 2000 and several of CCIs smaller wooden coasters like New Mexico Rattler or Cornball Express, which I would've taken over many of the late-round GCIs.

[ASIDE] I started scoring picks and stuff... but I ran out of time and have to go to work... I'll mull it over some there too... the more I looked at most of these the more impressed I was. [/ASIDE]

Honestly, I have to give it Maverix. The depth and balance of the lineup is a thing of beauty.

I really wish Wanted had picked up one of the stronger inverts in place of Griffon and just picked a little better in the last two rounds... The top two of Voyage and Balder are INSANE and I'm a big fan of Diamondback as well. Truth be told; I'd rather visit Maverix's park for a weekend and really enjoy all of it... But I'd rather live next to Wanted's, with a season pass, and just drop in for a few rides everyday after work...

Shame I can only vote for one, and since it's a draft "contest" I felt I should give it to the person that drafted the best throughout (in my opinion).

Ride6

PS- If you guys do this again I want in. Also, could we trade draft picks? Depending on where I am in the draft I might want to give up round 1&8 for 2&5 or something...
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    I had a feeling my park would be more personal and less marketable. I'll do a review of each a little later.
  • Wanted%s's Photo

I really wish Wanted had picked up one of the stronger inverts in place of Griffon and just picked a little better in the last two rounds... The top two of Voyage and Balder are INSANE and I'm a big fan of Diamondback as well. Truth be told; I'd rather visit Maverix's park for a weekend and really enjoy all of it... But I'd rather live next to Wanted's, with a season pass, and just drop in for a few rides everyday after work...

Vampire might have been a weak pick, yeah...but don't you dare insult Giant Dipper! Still my favorite woodie <3

Also, don't underestimate Flight Deck (Top Gun)! It's a really great B&M invert.

Finally, I'd pick my 3 (Voyage, Balder, & Giant Dippper) over Milo's any day! Personal bias ;)
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I vote for my park because my park is the most awesomest.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I would vote for whoever picked Air but the rest of the line-up is not very impressive. Cocoa has a flyer too and a better overall line-up so whatever Cocoa gets my vote.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I think I'm gonna have to give a vote to nin. El Toro, Alp, and Primeval Whirl? The thought of his park having a Dinoland USA is great.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    I was basically making a real life version of Foozy's Visions park. It'd be an old style end-o'-the-line trolley park on whatever coast. One side would be a wooded traditional style park with old and new coasters (Holiday World meets Knoebels) and the other would be a boardwalk with lot-style coasters. My only regret is not snagging a Holiday World woodie but other than that I think for what I personally want/like, it's a fun lineup.

@Wanted- I got the better Giant Dipper
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    There's only 1 or 2 stand out line-ups to me.

I'm going with Austin55
  • nin%s's Photo
    The problem I have with so many of these is that they're enthusiast-centric. That's cool and all, but I aimed for a more "realistic" line-up, that being one with a bit of everything, from the wee little ones (and myself) that wanted to go back in time and see dinosaurs, to those wanted an awesome wooden coaster and hyper.

Plus, my Freischutz can launch multiple times around it's course without ever stopping. What's not to like there?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading