Theme Park Discussion / Kings Island 2014

• Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Well as many of you know, Son of Beast has been removed. From the looks of it, there seems to be a new project under construction. If these footers are any indication, I believe we could see a large scale B&M coaster. It seems that the footers that have been placed are for the transfer track. What kind of coaster do you believe it's going to be?

Kings Island Footers:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Leviathan Footers:

Posted Image

Signs posted around the construction site hint to a paranormal theme (Banshee)?:

Posted Image

New Trademark:

Posted Image
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    Shits real. I wouldn't be suprised to see this be the biggest Beemer yet. KI hasn't done much in comparison to its Cedar Fair counterparts in recent memory, so topping Leviathan would put them back on the map.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    How much bigger are wingrider transfers than regular four across B&M's? Like 90% chance I'd give it to be a wing rider, but hell it could be another hyper, or really anything else as that park has only 1 B&M and CF doesn't seem to mind building the same sorts of rides. Would CF be willing to build a giant Wingrider in the same state as Gatekeeper though? Man I dunno. Excited for this announcement.

Regardless, I feel like this thing will be MASSIVE. The allotted area of the park is just positively huge so whatever it will be should be pretty damn impressive and be a great time in the forest. Would be cool to see something that spends a lot of time below to treetops. If you look here you can see truly how much land KI has open, which is like a lotttt.

Banshee is such a CF sounding name to.

Can't believe it's the 2014 rumor/construction season already, exluding projekt helix and a few others that have been around a while.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    ^banshee was the original name for mantis, I think it had a logo and everything, but for some reason (they thought it might be offensive? I can't remember) they changed it to mantis. so yes, it does sound very cedar fair.

I went to kings island a few years ago, that could be an awesome slot for a ride. I'd love to see a gatekeeper style ride there, or a proper invert maybe (I'm trying to remember, I don't think they have a big invert there already?)
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    They did have a logo for Banshee, Cedar Fair re-used it for Steel Force

Knowing how much space KI has to work with, I'm optimistic for what they could put in here. Son of Beast took a ton of room, and granted the other amount of room they have available, there's no telling what they could have there.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    probably a B:TR clone
  • wildroller%s's Photo
    I don't think Cedar Fairs would put another wing coaster so close to Cedar Point. I think they would put something else instead!
    First off I would like to say that I absolutley love Matt Ouimet as the new CEO of Cedar Fair. As stated in this video Matts points out that they do not have another wingcoaster in the works right now.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=BSLs8_lKiYs

Seeing that only 4 of the 13 coasters at Kings Island have inversions I believe that a mutli looper is possible (either a floorless or invert). And with the duo mega/giga's at Canadas Wonderland maybe even a giga coaster.
  • wildroller%s's Photo
    Well, since they are already starting construction on this, it probably is going to be something pretty big. B&M put up gatekeeper in less time.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    i'd put money on another B&M giga..
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I seem to remember at IAPPA, when asked about inversions on hyper/giga coasters they refused to answer the question but answered a lot of other ones.

Perhaps we'll see B&M branch into mega-mega loopers :p
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Banshee...
    Perfect name for an Alpengiest-esque invert... Huge and flying through the trees.

But at this point I have no idea. We need to get someone down the the place where they manufacturer B&M steel and see if there is any interesting track. Cedar Fair is all over the place with their B&M selections so the only thing I'd be surprised by is a stand up.
  • nin%s's Photo

First off I would like to say that I absolutley love Matt Ouimet as the new CEO of Cedar Fair. As stated in this video Matts points out that they do not have another wingcoaster in the works right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSLs8_lKiYs

Seeing that only 4 of the 13 coasters at Kings Island have inversions I believe that a mutli looper is possible (either a floorless or invert). And with the duo mega/giga's at Canadas Wonderland maybe even a giga coaster.

I love this. His idea that regional parks should strive for great peacemaking rather than theming is fantastic, and certainly true in practice.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    As long as they don't mess up the majesty that is Adventure Express I'm fine with whatever
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    As an urban planning enthusiast, i love how he talks about "placemaking". What is this guys background?
    Matt Ouimet was a Disney Imagineer for 17 years before coming CEO of Cedar Fair.
  • zburns999%s's Photo

They did have a logo for Banshee, Cedar Fair re-used it for Steel Force

Where does everyone get this idea? Everyone always says this, but the two logos look very different...

Posted Image
  • A.S.Coasters%s's Photo
    oh yes bby lets go ki! im extremely surprised to see theyve started work already, every time i go this summer ill get pictures and possibly video updates to share
  • Sephiroth%s's Photo
    @zburns:

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    Well, yeah. I've been on both coasters plenty of times and have noticed that. But the logos themselves are very different, other than the whole "hooded figure holding a logo" thing. The Steel Force guy isn't flying and has hands made of metal. However, if at one time the current "Mantis" sign was set up like Steel Force's, except that it said "Banshee," then I guess that works.

Sorry for the tangent. I just always wondered where people got the idea from.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading