(Archive) Advertising District / Marvel Park (first park)

• Recurious%s's Photo

De blob is a game for nintendo wii. Look it up!

I dislike that tunnel, at least as of now.

Ya the tunnel will be changed. I just put it there to give me a general Idea of how it would look. I will make it better with custom objects in the real park.

Isn't the train going way to fast through the corkscrew?
    Or is there a curve too fast?

Your lateral forces are very high.

Ya it's the corkscrew. I could slow the train down, like after the diving loop there is a brake, I could slow the coaster down more and then the lateral G forces will go out of the red. But I didn't really like that for the flow of the rest of the coaster since it goes pretty slow trough the turn that kind of goes behind the diving loop. So I decided to make the coaster go faster trough the corkscrew. Or should I let it go slower?
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Well... if you're going for realism, then the layout should be constructed in a way that you don't need to use brakes, except for the mid course brake run (mcbr).
    The layout, as it is now, should probably be remodeled to a point that you don't need to use brakes to slow down before an inversion.
    It takes time to get it right, but it's possible.

In the end, you decide of course, i'm only giving an advice. ;)
  • verti%s's Photo

Try to save your pictures as JPEG and not as PNG.

As a graphic designer, WTFNOLKDFGHYDHSDFD.

No. Whenever you can avoid JPEGs, do it.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    I don't care if you're a graphic designer or a bus driver or a lawyer. When I save my pictures as PNG it fucks them up. As JPEG it doesn't fuck them up.

As for the layout, try to make it longer, so the coaster doesn't go through the corkscrew too fast.
  • Mattk48%s's Photo
    I agree with the above. Make the layout longer, or add a proper MCBR
  • Recurious%s's Photo
    Sorry for the long time without updates. But I was on vacation. I haven't been sitting still tough. I started over with the park, because I just didn't like many things in the old version. I also decided to shift the focus from marvel to superheroes in general and to make the park more of an amusementpark rather than a themepark. And I decided to just use the NE 2013 workbench by louis because I realise I often spend way to much time in the scenario editor and lose motivation. Anyways here are some new screens ( I hope I got the colours right this time ):

Posted Image
    The first drop of one of the new rollercoasters in the park: The Batman.
    Posted Image
    Different angle.

Posted Image
    Space restaurant and the entrance to another Rollercoaster: The scarecrow
    Posted Image
    The brakerun and Remise from Scarecrow

Posted Image
    A screen of the so far biggest rollercoaster in the park: The Wolverine.

Please note that the park is still very much a work in progress and the empty spaces will be filled with stuff.

I also have a few questions:

1. I tried merging some tracks but it didn't work. I'm 100% positive i'm doing the merge right as I have merged track before. The only difference is my current computer used windows 7. I have been told you cannot merge on windows 7. I also have the same problem with making a part of a track invisible. Basicly any special action on the ride tab from 8cars doesn't work. Does anyone know a solution to this? If not would anyone be willing to do the merge for me? I have already set up the merge all you have to do is the raise/lower stuff.

2. I have some glitches in my park where I used zero clearance and I got like a white object in the map. You can see it in the first screen, theres a white bin between the trees. Is it possible to remove these and if so can you tell me how or link me a tutorial on how to do it?

Anyways constructive critism is welcome :), hope you enjoyed.
  • Majordomo%s's Photo
    Merging on Windows 7 is possible, it just isn't done with Edit Ride Stats anymore. You have to use MOM. There's a good tutorial about it on the Ask the Experts forum.

As far as removing ghost objects go, you have to go back to where it is with the object that's ghosted. Then keep placing and removing until it goes away (should be less than 10 times, it usually goes away in 3 for me).

I love the supports on the interlocking corkscrew of Wolverine. I'm not sure how I feel about Batman's catwalk.
  • Recurious%s's Photo

Merging on Windows 7 is possible, it just isn't done with Edit Ride Stats anymore. You have to use MOM. There's a good tutorial about it on the Ask the Experts forum.

As far as removing ghost objects go, you have to go back to where it is with the object that's ghosted. Then keep placing and removing until it goes away (should be less than 10 times, it usually goes away in 3 for me).

I love the supports on the interlocking corkscrew of Wolverine. I'm not sure how I feel about Batman's catwalk.

Thanks didn't know that (for both questions). Will try it out right away!
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    Not to be a jerk, but Batman and Scarecrow are from DC Comics and I think you're going for only Marvel, right?

Overall, I like what I see. Decent architecture and rides, just work on your foliage. Also, tighten up Wolverine's turnaround after the interlocking corkscrews. Good stuff, man.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    "I also decided to shift the focus from marvel to superheroes in general and to make the park more of an amusementpark rather than a themepark."

Read man.

You're getting better.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    wow, that is improvement. seems more cohesive, park-like now.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo

"I also decided to shift the focus from marvel to superheroes in general and to make the park more of an amusementpark rather than a themepark."

Read man.

Just saw a long paragraph and was running out the door but felt like I had to comment on the pictures. You're right now that I re-read it; my bad. Ignore me.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading