Pro Tour 4 / Pro Tour 4 Rules & Regulations

• Louis!%s's Photo
    We recieved 7 entries for architecture. The voting is over. Entries should be released tomorrow.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Spoilers! I embarrassed myself by scoring below 80.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Oh, thanks liam, now my confidence has hit astronomical lows.
  • JJayMForce%s's Photo
    Liam, Whaat? I don't even believe that. I'm still very interested to see what you built.

Also, I built an entry for the foliage and landscaping prelim, but couldn't finish it in time. I just misjudged the time I had left, and was soo bummed to see the timer blank when checking back. I thought I had 6 more hours for some reason lol..
    It's about 75% complete, I will finish it I guess, but I don't know what to do with it after that...
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Timeline park!
  • JJayMForce%s's Photo
    Good idea, but in my case it would then need to be a recreation of Busch Gardens Williamsburg :p I guess thats possible though :)
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    7? fantastic! Can't wait to see them.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    More spoilers!!!

2 entries from Elite members (one being Liam), neither score above 80%!

2 entries out of the remaining 5 have made it through.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    don't spoil it, what's the point of telling it now?
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Because no one actually knows who made it through. And I was releasing the results an hour later.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I'm really curious to see what entries we get for non-coaster tracked rides... Rapids, flumes, darkrides, old timers, perhaps the long overdue chairlift?
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    ... boats?
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    LL BOATS <3
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Yeah, I'm expecting to see some epic chairlift action in that round :p
  • CoolCody%s's Photo
    I'm a little confused on the voting...it seems like if theres something a bit unfinished on the map, people use that to dock their percentage given? I thought the reason of prelims if to vote on skill, not completion?

ALSO in the BEST NON-COASTER TRACK ATTRACTION, does this mean we HAVE to use alternate track other than coasters(river rapids,slides,etc) or can we make custom flat rides as well(like in BEST NON-TRACK ATTRACTION
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    I believe the idea is to make a ride that is tracked but not a coaster. So, a dark ride, a water ride (other than a water coaster), a car ride, a go-kart. So, a custom flat would no qualify, as it is not tracked. However, I believe that you can use coaster track in making the non-coaster tracked ride, like if you were to make river rapid that is guided by a spiral coaster.

Also, yes, finished-ness has become a necessary component based on how the judges have been voting. However, the specifics we know of for the judging simply say quality over quantity, which leaves room for one to argue completion is a component of quantity, not quality.

FK
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Well, it's really simple; If the quality of your entry is really high, the incompletion isn't much of an issue. It's really hard to achieve a high enough body of quality when there's like walls missing on architecture in an architecture round, and vital parts of an entrance in an entrance round.
    Also, this is just peanuts in comparison to what you have to finish, tile wise, for the main contest, so if you can't complete as little as is needed for the prelims (or make it appear to be finished) I don't think you can finish a full scale park for the main contest and thus don't deserve qualification.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Your entry doesn't have to be finished, but it has to be finished enough to communicate your idea, in my opinion.

In the coaster round, a full finished design is not required to pass... All you need is a layout and some prominent essential features around the coaster, like a station, theming bits or interaction bits like bridges and stuff. I don't mind if the coaster is only supported and landscaped in those scattered areas. Other judges might think differently, but to me this should be enough to decide whether or not it has enough potential.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    We recieved no entries for Round 6, but Round 7 voting has just started with 6 entries, several of high quality.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    We are pleased to announce that BelgianGuy becomes our first qualifier outside of the prelims. He has achieved the 80% target in an upcoming acolade release and therefore gains a spot in the Pro Tour 4 Final.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading