(Archive) Advertising District / Disney's Oasis of Egypt

• Jan.K%s's Photo
    Hello New Element,

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Jan. I'm 21 years old and I've been playing RCT for about 5 years now. I'm a huge fan of the Disney parks and The Efteling park in my home country since I like the themepark aspect more than the amusement park aspect. I've been visiting these forums as a guest for atleast the last 2,5 years. I really like all the great parks that are in the database and I've learned a lot from all the tutorials in the 'Ask the Experts' forum section. I saw the advertisement of the new Pro Tour contest last week and I think about submitting a prelim entry.

Anyways, enough about me, let's talk about RCT.
    I've been building with custom objects and hacks (zero clearence, merging tracks, making stuff invisible and map object manipulation) for 2 years now, and I have to say, it makes the game a lot more interesting.

Here is my current park, a waterpark with Disney branding that's located in Egypt.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Does anyone know how to delete those wooden supports that are under my coffee cart? A simple support blocker doesn't work.

I hope you like it and if you have tips, I would like to hear them.

- Jan
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    :o
  • Highball%s's Photo
    That entrance is awesome. Good job!

Edit: Shit, it's all good.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS IS INCREDIBLE.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    oh my god this is good :drool:
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Hello Jan, welcome.

This looks great for starters, very atmospheric and creative.
    You can use the 1k wooden support blocker (1kwspblk) for that wood support issue.
    Just use zero-clearance absolute to put it in place.

Love to see the next screens. :nod:
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    OMG! Fuck Yea!
  • Twiggy%s's Photo
    That palm height inclination in that planter on that first screen... wonderful.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I'd also like to point out that you are the first person that has actually made me think that WW/TT objects look great. I mean, fuck, that rockwork is incredible. You've made it look so good.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    I was thinking the exact same thing Louis. It also really helps that you integrated both the sand land texture and brown ruin rocks to break up that WW/TT object. That is seriously one kick ass log flume.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    holy s**t

Didn't see that coming when I opened up this topic, talent for sure
    The support thing I think you can fix with zero clearancing a piece of path under it...
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    You dropped something....

My jaw...

Also the first time I've seen WW/TT scenery work well, with the possible exception of Arjan's first two parks
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Oh shit.
    Who?
    My radar is all kinds of broken now.
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Im not convinced :drool: ....... You need to show more to convince me :p
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Immense work. Send in a prelim entry. Wow. That station, that planter, the little touches of pink all over the place, just wow.
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    I like your style (your style being just smashing your mark on your introduction: this is me, suck it up) :p
    Only other person I remember which made such an entrance was Emergo (also dutch btw).
    btw did you make those colorable WW-rocks yourself or are they available somewhere because they look realllly good this way (as opposed to the originals).
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Wtf.... Where did this come from!? This is absolutely incredible!!

That building in the bottom left of that last screen looks so damn good man....
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    very interesting work; can't wait to see more!
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    mother of god, this is freaking awesome.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Welcome to the site my friend!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading