(Archive) Advertising District / Disney's Oasis of Egypt

• Dr_Dude%s's Photo

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like those rocks.

i think the rocks look a bit messy and unreadable, but everything else is fantastic and i can't wait to see more from you, Jan!
  • Six Frags%s's Photo

Great job whoring 1K Ruins at a near Pacificoaster level :nod:/>

:lol:
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    i want more pictures
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    This is brilliant work, never seen those sphinxs used more convincingly, and the orange flume and the rockwork are so excellent with each other. Please please build more and also build a prelim entry for the PT, would love to see more of your work.
  • Croustibapt%s's Photo
    I agree with everybody there, this is brilliant ! Welcome dude !
  • Jan.K%s's Photo
    Hello New Element,

Even more replies, wow!
    @ Arjan v l, dr dirt, Kumba I have to thank both Arjan & Kumba for that object, because it fixed my problem. Dr Dirt, I haven’t tried your solution since the object worked.
    @ Dr_Dude, it’s supposed to look (a bit) messy.
    @ Steve, I tried many colors, but I liked the orange one the most.
    @ Cocoa, your wish is my command.

Posted Image

Thanks everyone for posting!
    Next update will be posted within 2 weeks. My Pro Tour prelim is almost finished!
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Wow very nice. I can now say im convinced.
    Looking forward to more ;)
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Again man... W O W.

Awesome work.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    So glad to see you doing PT.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Excellent landscaping in this screen.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    The rockwork is too busy for me - I'd rather see some regular land in there to break it up - but it does remind me exactly of the way Splash mountain is entirely similar over-done sculpted plaster rock.
    Posted Image
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    ^+1. Some moments of the rockwork I'm not fond of, but overall I like it a lot.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    I really like this. Does anybody know if these canyons objects are available without expansion packs?
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Are they WW pieces? I don't think the WW pieces are colorable.
  • csw%s's Photo
    I think they're brown and only brown. Because why would you want a rock to be any other color than brown? So unrealistic! /sarcasm
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Really fantastic and definitely proves you have serious talent. I like how the queue wraps underneath the drop in the mountain like that, great touch. My one suggestion: while the landscaping is excellent, I recommend removing most of the trees from the upper bits of the hill. Keeping taller foliage towards the bottom will not only create a bit more realism, but more perception for the mountain to appear taller.

edit - definitely take intamin's advice here and look at splash mountain for inspiration!
  • nin%s's Photo
    Those objects are converted. The actual WW pieces are the clay/red color of the Grand Canyon.

This is pretty cool, but it doesn't scream Disney to me at all. Right now it's just a themed log flume. The lift hill is killing whatever story this ride is supposed to be giving as it's not doing anything at all other than bringing the riders to the top.
  • Sephiroth%s's Photo
    I'd just like to point out that nowhere in the topic is the flume said to be Splash Mountain specifically, so maybe there's some creative freedom being taken here in regard to the lift, rock work, etc.

Anyway, I like it. Looking forward to your PT entry.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    More very nice work. My only criticisms would be that the surroundings seems pretty barren (I know, it's a desert), and agreeing with the above that removing trees from the peak and making it mostly rockwork would look better. I also really like how you did the queue line.

Best of luck with the PT!
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    so cool! I hope you don't leave so much desert though, it does seem a little bare and un-disneylike. but seriously, your use of objects is so original and refreshing

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading