(Archive) Advertising District / Disney's Oasis of Egypt

• Wanted%s's Photo
    Well I just jizzed my fucking face off
  • Coupon%s's Photo
    you should so add a chairlift to this park man! sooo good!
  • Twiggy%s's Photo

you should so add a chairlift to this park man! sooo good!

Disney's got a bad track record with chairlifts, bud.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    fuck this is the shit, can we get a completion percent in here?
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS IS INCREDIBLE.

the words going through my head exactly

I have never seen those mesa objects or those sphinx objects used better than this
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like those rocks. And those crocodiles.

Awesome stuff though! As these are your first screens I hope you can still improve a lot!
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    just to echo Louis, those rocks are freaking awesome man, also I love how you've used classic rct theming pieces to your advantage here.

I hope to see more soon!
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    First of all, welcome Jan!
    What a way to introduce yourself! Really nice work, although I'm not going apeshit like others are :p
    I really like the pathing in your screens, it seems very fitting, fresh and has an great aesthetic feel to it. Also the little pavilion in front of the entrance and the train station are great!
    I don't really the orange on the flume track tho, and I'm not so sure about the WW rockwork; I'm just one of those old fashioned guys that prefers objects that look 'RCT-ish'.. It looks too artificial to me.

The only way to get the shop to not have a support under it unfortunately, is to use geewhzz' method of making station huts invisible (link). Make sure to have the paths connected to it before you do it tho if you want to have it peep-friendly. Then you can make a custom scenery piece of the cart to simulate the shop.
    As you've used the redi-ish brick path type, you can also just raise the land under it and make it have the red-ish land type, no-one will notice and it saves you a lot of time :p
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    ^^ That's not true, sorry.

You can just use the 1k wooden support blocker, i'm doing it like that and it works fine to get rid of unwanted supports.
    A lot quicker and easier.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    amazing work jan
  • Jan.K%s's Photo
    Hello New Element,

I wasn’t expecting that many replies on my screens to be honest. Here is my reply on several questions and opinions:
    @ Arjan v l: Could you send me that object? Thanks in advance.
    @ Louis!, Pacificoaster, BelgianGuy: I never knew that those objects were so hated. I’m glad though that I was able to change your opinion on that.
    @ Tyandor, I can’t make objects myself. I downloaded those objects a while ago. I don’t know the parkname anymore.
    @ Corkscrewy, from my imagination I guess.
    @ Coupon, why in particular a chairlift? I do like the idea though, but I already have 1 transport ride. Maybe I can build one next to the lake above the boardwalk...
    @ Goliath123, About 25% is completed.
    @ Chorkiel & Six Frags, not everyone likes the same objects so I respect the opinions you both have on that.
    @ Six Frags & Arjan v l: I really like the look of that coffee cart and I don’t think I will be able to make it better with just scenery items. I will try the object once I have it!

Thanks everyone for posting!
    Next update will be posted within 2 weeks. I’ve decided to built a Pro Tour prelim entry.

- Jan
  • dr dirt%s's Photo
    Couldn't you build land under the shop then lower it back down with MOM?

Smashing screens by the way.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I'll have to agree with everyone else - this is wonderful work and can't wait to see the progress. One thing: why's the log flume burnt orange? I could see a much more natural color working to your advantage, and possibly even making the track invisible while the logs are in bodies of water like that.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Attached File  1KWSPBLK.DAT (471bytes)
    downloads: 74

Here you are.

I assume you know how to use parkdat, since you've visited the ask the experts forum.
    It works, i'm using it to get rid of all kinds of unwanted supports, but only when zero-clearancing absolute, not relative.

Edit: Don't mind Coupon, he's ranting.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    -edit, it works indeed when zero-clearancing :p
    Thx Arjan :D
  • Coupon%s's Photo
    ooo a chairlift on the lake would be great!
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    I can't wait to see what you can do for Pro Tour!
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Absolutely beautiful work!
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    The trick to my "wooden" support blocker is that it's two height levels instead of one. With one level it has to go over or under the support and leaves the middle part attached to the track or shop, but with two you can jam it right in the middle to get all of the support. Also yes, you need to have zero clearance on to use it.

It's some nice work Jan. I think the area in between the Spinx' could use something more eye-catching. Great job whoring 1K Ruins at a near Pacificoaster level :nod:
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    You're welcome Six Frags. :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading