Pro Tour 4 / Pro Tour 4 Final

• Louis!%s's Photo

Posted Image

Pro Tour 4. When the elite battle, who will come out on top?

Pro Tour 4 Final

Posted Image What is Pro Tour?

Pro Tour is an individual contest featuring the top players currently at New Element. It consists of a final round, where elite members of NE gain automatic qualification; and prelims, where their fellow members compete to join them. The prelims consist of various tasks and can grant members access to the final round if they meet the set requirements. The final round has no set boundaries except a map size, workbench and deadline. The elite members battle alongside the qualifiers to win the Pro Tour title. The winning entry is the one that ranks the highest. The ProTour is all about exclusivity, it's a challenge for those at the top of their game to show what they can do and prove they are the best. Do you have what it takes?

Posted Image Pro Tour 4 Final

Posted ImageThe Pro Tour Final is only open to the Elite, the Qualifiers & Wildcard holders. These finalists have 2 months to construct their submissions to the best of their ability using the set workbench. The final will take place between 30th June and 1st September and the winner will be decided by a special panel of judges.

/> flashvars="eid=322243" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="350" height="240" allowscriptaccess="always" bgcolor="#000000" style="outline:none">
    style="font:bold 8px Arial;padding-left:19px;color:#444;">ONLINE COUNTDOWNS

Posted Image (1) Only the Elite, Qualifiers and Wildcards may take part.Posted Image (2) Entrants can use whatever workbench they wish to build their entry on.Posted Image (3) Your entry must not exceed 8100 tiles[90x90] and must be at least 3600 tiles [60x60]Posted Image (4) All entries must be submitted by the deadline on 1st September @ 23:59 [UTC-11]Posted Image (5) Entries must be submitted to us by the deadline, via our PM system.Posted Image (6) Your entry MUST be anonymous. Whilst your style may give your work away, there MUST be no mention of who has built the entry. All entries must be never seen before work. This includes streaming or posting any screenshots of old, recycled, work or new work. Posted Image(7) All the entries will go through the traditional Pro Tour judging system. Parks will be ranked by each judge and a collective score given. Posted Image (8 ) The winner will be the entry with the highest score given by the judges based on their rankings.

Posted Image The Elite

Posted Image 5dave Posted Image AvanineCommuter Posted Image Cedarpoint6 Posted Image disneylhand Posted Image eyeamthu1 Posted Image Fr3ak Posted Image J K Posted Image jusmithPosted Image Kumba Posted Image Liampie
    Posted Image Loopy Posted Image Louis! Posted Image Milo Posted Image Pacificoaster Posted Image RCTNW Posted Image Robbie92 Posted Image Roomie Posted Image RRP Posted Image Six Frags Posted Image Steve Posted Image Turtle Posted Image Xophe

Posted Image The Qualifiers

Posted Image Cocoa Posted Image Airtime Posted Image nin Posted Image Jan.K Posted Image Fizzix Posted Image Sey Posted Image Sulakke Posted Image Dimi Posted Image BelgianGuy

Posted Image Wildcard Entries

Posted Image Maverix Posted Image Shotguns? Posted Image SSSammy Posted Image Fisch

Posted Image The Workbench

There is no set bench for the finals. I repeat, there is no set workbench for the finals. You may use whatever workbench and whatever objects you wish. Just remember that you may not enter work that has been shown publicly. We came to this conclusion a few weeks ago, but decided to hold back on announcing this so that we could still control when everyone would start.

Posted Image We have tried to cover all areas of the contest but feel free to ask questions about remaining unclarities.

• Louis!%s's Photo
    The time has come to start the Pro Tour 4 Final.

Firstly, the results of the final prelim will be up later today, but we can announce that we recieved entries from Ottersalad, Fisch & Maverix. Unfortunately none of these entries met the required 80% and the exact percentages, aerials and downloads will be released later.

Secondly, we can announce that we have 4 recipients of Wildcard places. The elite voted and awarded the 3 spots to Maverix, FK+Coastermind & Shotguns. FK has decided to pass on his Wildcard, and thus it fell to the next inline. We had a tie for 4th position with both Sammy & Fisch found equally deserving which is why our wildcard places have been awarded to Maverix, Shotguns, Sammy & Fisch.

Thirdly, a few weeks ago we made a decision regarding the workbench. We came to the conclusion that we would not require a set workbench for the finals but would hold back on announcing this so that we could still control when everyone would start.

And finally, the Pro Tour 4 Final is now underway.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand that a couple of people will complain about us doing a U-Turn on the workbench rule. I always knew this would be the case and was willing to have a few people complain at me for doing so, than have the majority of people complain at me after putting in a large amount of time to make a set workbench.

I also feel that, if you didn't enter the Prelims seriously due to the workbench rule, then that is your fault for not being 100% committed to a contest, purely because of 1 rule.

When making the decision I weighed up the pros and cons for both options, and felt that this option was by far the best option.

I apologise if this move has upset anyone, that was not what we wanted, however I'd say that this is for the greater-good, and generally will improve the contest.

• SSSammy%s's Photo
    after lengthy experimentation and peer review, i have concluded that shit has just got real
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo

No set workbench...

I'm sorry... but that just pissed me off...

The supposedly set workbench was the main reason for me not to dive in so seriously with the prelims, since a set workbench was the motivation killer for me... and now you mention that the workbench isn't set... well fuck this.

Enjoy YOUR Pro Tour...
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    FUCK YEA! No set bench! I love you guys <3
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

There is no set bench for the finals. I repeat, there is no set workbench for the finals. You may use whatever workbench and whatever objects you wish. Just remember that you may not enter work that has been shown publicly. We came to this conclusion a few weeks ago, but decided to hold back on announcing this so that we could still control when everyone would start.

fucking ass :p
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I understand that a couple of people will complain about us doing a U-Turn on the workbench rule. I always knew this would be the case and was willing to have a few people complain at me for doing so, than have the majority of people complain at me after putting in a large amount of time to make a set workbench.

I also feel that, if you didn't enter the Prelims seriously due to the workbench rule, then that is your fault for not being 100% committed to a contest, purely because of 1 rule.

When making the decision I weighed up the pros and cons for both options, and felt that this option was by far the best option.

I apologise if this move has upset anyone, that was not what we wanted, however I'd say that this is for the greater-good, and generally will improve the contest.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    NO DUDE, I CAN DO NCSO. I LOVE IT
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Thinking the same thing. We'll see what happens. Happy Pro-Tour guys! :birthday: See you in 63 days.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    No workbench, lmao!!!!!! Love the ballsy decision making :D

Looking forward to entries from...the most:
    -AvanineCommuter
    -5Dave
    -Liampie
    -Pac
    -Turtle
    -Robbie
    -nin
    -Jan.K
    -Sulakke

Congrats to all qualifiers/wildcards! Good luck to you all!
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    ^Fuck you :p

Nah, I know people don't typically like my work and I obviously will never win this thing, but that doesn't stop me for having some fun trying to complete an entry.

I like that no set workbench, gives me many more options :)

Glhf everyone that's gonna submit an entry!
  • CoolCody%s's Photo
    I'm actually very excited to see your work Six Frags! You,5dave, and Turtle are my favorites in this pro tour. I just kind of wished there was an official protour4 work bench
  • Wanted%s's Photo

^Fuck you :p

Nah, I know people don't typically like my work and I obviously will never win this thing, but that doesn't stop me for having some fun trying to complete an entry.

Nothing personal, man! I based it entirely on recent work, and I haven't loved your recent work. EPWS, Schweizer, Mystique, & Mont Saint Michel are all fantabulous.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    Dear Elites who have been experimenting with Pro Tour work privately for weeks, you can now use that work as an excellent head start over qualifiers. Love, Your fellow Elite Admins.

Pffffffttttt
  • CoolCody%s's Photo

Dear Elites who have been experimenting with Pro Tour work privately for weeks, you can now use that work as an excellent head start over qualifiers. Love, Your fellow Elite Admins.

Pffffffttttt

you know now thinking about it, that is kind of spot on
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    I was hoping for a bench, but that's just because I wanted to build something on a cool new one. I'm kinda glad that we'll be able to see some NCSO in the finals due to this move, but a little worried that it uneven-ed the playing field a little bit. Nonetheless, I still think we're going to see a lot of awesome work come out od this competition.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    why do you assholes have to find something to whine about all the time
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    Nevermind, I deleted this post
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    What if we all start with the same bench but are allowed to modify it after getting it? Wouldn't that solve the previous work problem but still allow people to use the objects they want?
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Bench or no bench, we get shit either way. Sometimes you have to pick the lesser of two evils.

FK, I don't know what you wrote, but I want to say this anyway: I usually like you a lot, and would draft you again were H2H7 to happen. I don't mind if you half self esteem problems, not at all. But now you're just whining and acting 'angry teenager' just because you didn't make it to the next round in a contest... It's a contest, you win or you lose. If you lose, you're the only one to blame. I can assure you that as far as I know and see that this contest's organization is NOT corrupt. So please, calm the fuck down and stop blaming the universe.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading