(Archive) Advertising District / Barefoot Park

• Luketh%s's Photo
    Hello New Element. Rather than clog up the dump with screens I figured I'd create a topic for Barefoot Park's reincarnation. Enjoy the screens! I hope to finish this version of the park, but I'm certainly not making any promises.

From the Dump:
    Posted Image

Brand spankin' new:
    Posted Image
    Grab a bite to eat at No Shoes, No Problem, the park's first restaurant.

Posted Image
    Barefoot Park boasts one of the most unique coaster lineups of any amusement park in the country, including this rare Togo Heartline Twister.

Leave comments, (gentle) criticisms, concerns, or whatever for me below to be taken into consideration. Thanks for viewing; more to come as I keep building!
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    That awning looks really nice and clean, but also too thin or under-supported.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    I like that barefoot idea... walking around on soft grass, funny and original.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    I may have a difficult time comprehending this park. I've always been told "no shirt, no shoes, no service." This is definitely unchartered territory for me personally. Can we expect a Barechest Park in the future from you?

But in all seriousness, everything looks really clean and charming. I like it.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    Very cool man! Nice to see that you took some inspiration from me. Keep up the good work.
  • nin%s's Photo
    Love the 2nd and 3rd screens, and I'm all up for this bare-chested park idea.
  • Jonny93%s's Photo
    The idea sounds really original to me and the screens look promising.
  • 111112oo%s's Photo
    Looks neat, has a bit of a NCSO vibe there.

And best Merry-go-rong name
  • Mattk48%s's Photo
    I like the folded up umbrellas. could just be my ignorance, but i don't remember seeing that before

edit: well never mind then. Their still cool
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    ^ they're used in almost every realistic park.
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    Replies:
    @inthemanual: Thanks! The screen makes it hard to tell, but it's actually the roof of the restaurant. In-game it doesn't look poorly supported (in my opinion); I'll post a screen of the whole building for you once the surroundings are finished!
    @Arjan: Thank-ya for the comment; I thought it was a pretty sweet idea as well!
    @RCT2day: I'm totally down for a barechested park, sure. I'll get to work on it once this barefoot one is done. I'm thinking that I'll put a weight-limit to get into the park, though..
    @Faas: Haha, where did I take inspiration from you, exactly? :???:/> I am a fan of your work, though; congrats on your recent bronze!
    @nin: I'm glad you like it, means a lot!
    @Jonny93: Thanks for the comment!
    @111112oo: I'm going for a simpler-style park, so that may have something to do with the NCSO vibe. :)/> The merry-go-round is called the "Barefoot Carousel" for obvious reasons.
    @Mattk48: inthemanual is correct, I certainly didn't come up with the folded umbrellas, but I like them too. ;)/>

UPDATE:
    After twenty years of faithful service, it is time to retire the park's first roller coaster! The Barefoot Breezer began experiencing technical difficulties in its later years due to its high-speed chain lift.

Posted Image
    The Breezer has always been a favorite amongst adults and children alike, offering riders a unique and peaceful flying experience. Some guests liken the ride's feeling to that of a bird flying through the trees.

Posted Image
    The ride twists calmly through the trees, making a surprise appearance above the path beside the Barefoot Carousel.

Posted Image
    The pre-lift portion of the ride. In the corner you can see that beginning of the ride's one-of-a-kind ugly purple lift hill.

So why is the Breezer coming down, you may ask? Well, it's being replaced by a bigger brother of sorts.
    Posted Image
    Goodbye, Barefoot Breezer! You will be missed! Rumor has it, though, that the Breezer's parts will be recycled and used elsewhere in the park. I wonder what the park's designers have in mind?

Tune in next time!
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    This actually makes me sad. I liked that first screen you showed of this park with this coaster in it more than anything you've posted of it since. :(
  • Fizzix%s's Photo

Goodbye, Barefoot Breezer! You will be missed! Rumor has it, though, that the Breezer's parts will be recycled and used elsewhere in the park. I wonder what the park's designers have in mind?

Trackitecture? Loving the story.
  • csw%s's Photo
    Nice storyline and all, but please don't name everything with "Barefoot" in it :( A few main coasters would be enough, I think.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    I was just joking a bit man. It's just that the same coaster with the benches underneath on just grass are also in Vogelvallei. Thanks for the congrats.

I really like this park. The laid-back atmosphere speaks to me. I'm sad to see the breezer go.
  • posix%s's Photo
    I still like your colour choices a lot.
  • RamSam12%s's Photo
    Such a neat little park. I always enjoy walking on grass more than concrete, so for a park, this would be great! I'm interested to see how the rest of the ultra twister turns out since I have not yet seen any other detailed one in RCT.
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    Replies:
    @inthemanual: No worries; I've got plans for the Breezer's parts. ;)/>
    @Fizzix: Not quite. Stay tuned!
    @csw: No worries mane; I had the same thought. As you can see in this update, I don't include barefoot in a majority of the rides.
    @Faas: Thanks for the comment. <3
    @posix: Thanks. :)/> I try to keep everything colorful and fun to look at.
    @RamSam12: Thank-ya Sam. Stay tuned for the heartline twister, I'll probably post a screen of it somewhere down the line. I'm quite happy with how the supports turned out!

UPDATE:
    Just one screen in this one.
    Posted Image
    Here you can see our high-tech Intamin roto-drop ride called The Gutwrench. In the background you see our extra-large bumper-cars attraction, Road Rage. And... say.. what's that in the top left?

Thanks for keeping up with Barefoot Park; the park filled with chill thrills.

PS:
    I need your help! If you've got any (relatively simple) hacking prowess, I need you! I can't seem to merge what with Windows 7 or whatever, so if you'd like a sliver of credit once the park is finished, a sneak peak, and a free slot as tester (down the road once the park is ready to be completed), shoot me a PM. All I need is one merge to be performed and in exchange I can perform a wide array of sexual services FOR FREE!
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I have to say, I'm not a fan of that pink building. Is it meant to be Miami-ish art deco? IMO it just doesn't fit with the very natural, elegant atmosphere of the park, which otherwise feels very alice-in-wonderland/three-men-in-a-boat/ whatever classic english countryside sort of thing you can imagine.
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    I drew some inspiration for the building from art-deco styled houses, yeah. The park will feel like an American amusement park that grew primarily during the 70s with newer rides and buildings mixed in; the pinkish building fits well with other buildings scattered around the park.

I suppose that the screens I've shown up to this point may make the park feel English Countryside-esque, but this isn't quite the case as you'll soon see. ;)/>

Of course, if you dislike the actual composition of the building, tell me why and how I can improve! Architecture is certainly my weak point in this game and I need all the help I can get!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading