(Archive) Advertising District / Barefoot Park

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I'd say skip the barefoot theme of the paths for the ride platforms, especially a tower like this needs a strong foundation to keep it standing like it does, I think a small concrete patch woudln't mind
  • X250%s's Photo
    I really love the concept of this park, refreshingly different! I like the thought that has gone into every element, but its such a shame barefoot breezer has gone- that looked like good fun!

-X-
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    @BG: Thanks, you certainly raise a good point. I'm going to make the portion under the ride look more supported and anchored into the ground instead of sitting atop the water like it is now. If I make the bottom part look more stable I can still get away with having grass around the base because you can plant that shit on anything and I like the thought of hopping off of such a scary ride and feeling the grass under your feet.

@X250: Thanks for the feedback! I've already spent considerably longer on this park --including lots of time sitting and staring at the screen deciding what goes where-- than I ever have before and I'm loving every second of it. :)

A new ride is just around the corner!
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    UPDATE:

Hooray! On Opening day of year 50, Barefoot Park saw 600 guests flood onto its grassy midway. A sprint through the park began. Why? Because Barefoot Park's Arrow Suspended Floorless rollercoaster, BLUE JAY, is open!

Posted Image
    Blue Jay's entrance plaza features a Relaxation Station and a bathrooms/gift-shop/anti-nausea herb dispensary building. Unfortunately, the flowers planted in front of the station were not acclimating very well, this issue has since been resolved by Barefoot's team of expert florists and horticulturists.

Posted Image
    The park added another eating area, the Barefoot Barbecue, at the foot of Blue Jay's station. Guests have a cool view of the Jay's trains leaving the station as they sit and eat their barbecued food at the picnic tables.

Posted Image
    Stephanie S. and her boyfriend won the aforementioned sprint through the park and were, therefore, the first to ride Blue Jay. We snagged a shot of the pair experiencing the ride's first drop over the beachwalk segment of the park. When asked about her ride, Stephanie S. responded with a jump for joy, exclaiming, "Blue Jay (Arrow) was great!"

Posted Image
    Blue Jay suddenly swoops out over the path on two separate occasions. Riders over eight feet tall are advised to lift their legs upwards at this time for safety reasons.

Posted Image
    This final shot shows the rider's feet dangling just above a patch of dry grass before hitting the break run.

I hope you enjoyed the park's grand reveal of Blue Jay! On a separate note, I no longer need anybody to merge my ride together, that's been done with great success! Please leave some love/criticism/feedback for me! <3

Enjoy your day at Barefoot Park; where soaring like a songbird has never been so easy.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    what happens when it rains? does the park distribute boots?
  • posix%s's Photo
    Nice update.
  • Faas%s's Photo

Cool idea, you should definately build a boots store.
    Very cool update, but maybe try to use a different colour of flowers at the station than blue (maybe purple/pink/yellow?). This looks so cold.
  • csw%s's Photo
    Nice use of floorless cars for a barefoot park ;)
  • Steve%s's Photo

:lol:

Sick idea with those custom picnic tables.
  • gir%s's Photo
    This is just beautiful. Not only that, but it's a captivating concept that makes me want to know what you'll do next with it.
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    Replies:
    @][: No shoes, no problem! Rain doesn't seem to slow down or bother Barefoot's guests. A little mud never hurt anyone. :kiss:
    @posix: Thanks! :)
    @Faas: Good call, I rearranged the flowers a little bit and changed their color to the same pink as the flowers that are in the station, it looks SO much better now. Thanks for the feedback!
    @csw: JDP threw me the idea of floorless coasters during my first attempt at the park. I carried the idea over; this park will have more floorless/suspended coasters than normal, but I think that's only appropriate, right?
    @Steve: Thanks! I actually came up with them on accident but they look great so they stay! 8)
    @gir: <3 Stay tuned! I have loads of good ideas for the park and it has totally become my happy place for the past week or so.

Keep 'em coming, everybody! <3 What should my next update be: the park's Togo Twister or Schwarzkopf looper?
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Cute stuff there Rob.
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    UPDATE:
    I'm going to the lake for two days, so here's frequent-guest Nicolas M. and his friends enjoying fresh tentacles that were caught right out of Barefoot Lake. :drool:
    Posted Image
    Nearby, a man in a yellow hat searches for his monkey. Barefoot Park sure is full of interesting people!

Be back in 48! :party:
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    That food stand is ace. This park is ace. The advertising is ace. I really feel this project.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    You have to include the monkey now.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I love this but the only thing I can think of is how filthy that grass is and how dangerous it is to walk there. Someone buys fries, drops the fork on the ground, someone steps on it. Nice flowers, bees will lie on the ground, they do that.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Someone buys fries, drops the fork on the ground, someone steps on it.

Or worse... Someone buys fries, drops the fries on the ground, someone steps on it. Now that would be a nightmare.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    Barefoot Park, Day 1:

Posted Image

Barefoot Park, Day 3:

Posted Image
  • Faas%s's Photo
    Is the most intense attraction one where you have to walk on lego's?

"Lego boardwalk looks too intense for me!"
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    ^/^^ :lol:

Or worse... Someone buys fries, drops the fries on the ground, someone steps on it. Now that would be a nightmare.

That would be utterly disgusting. But the part where the fork stabs someones foot to an opening big enough for filth to get in, is in my opinion even worse.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading