(Archive) Advertising District / Barefoot Park

• Luketh%s's Photo
    REPLIES:
    @Fizzix: <3
    @inthemanual: A worthy idea. I just need an animated 1/4-tile monkey object now.. :lol:
    @chorkiel: The idea that you find my park filthy and dangerous is almost offensive. Why? Because this:

Posted Image

That's why. Barefoot takes great strives to keep itself spotless at all times. We have roughly 20 very dedicated handymen who work AT THE PARK 24/7, all 8 months of the year! Also Barefoot doesn't serve forks. They're not environmentally friendly. :kiss:
    @][ and Liam: Just read above. :lol:
    @Faas: Funny you mention that, we recently opened a walking-on-nails attraction along the boardwalk section of the park; guests love it. We may include a kiddie version with legos replacing the nails next season, brilliant idea!

I'm back from the lake and excited to get back to work on the park! Stick around for more Barefoot Park -- where french fry fork mines take more lives than sadness does. :lol:
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    Gorilla Entertainer!
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    UPDATE:

First, I have further evidence to support the fact that Barefoot kicks ass. Second, I have a shot of my boy Rex G. chillin' in the queue for one of Barefoot's newest -- and most unique -- attractions.

Posted Image

Enjoy! :)
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    This thread is all about the good times. :mantis:

Keep on going!
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I dont think Ive ever received the best staff award

I may be prone to firing/killing them
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I never fire/kill them and I've never gotten it. :( My life is over. ]

In other news, show us the ride.
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    REPLIES:
    @][: Thanks for the support. <3
    @Cocoa: It's okay, man. Not every park has the fantastic staff that Barefoot does. ;)/>
    @Fizzix: I'll show you A ride, but not the NEMC!

UPDATE:
    Going back to the lake for THREE days before I get back to school! This may or may not be the last update for a while -- no telling how senior year will treat me. D:

Say hello to Trailblazer by Anton Schwarzkopf!
    Posted Image
    Here's the station. As you can see, this ride is QUITE popular amongst the guests!

Posted Image
    Aaand here's the ride's first loop. Trailblazer hits speeds of 50 miles per hour down the first drop!

Posted Image
    The ride blazes a trail through a forested hillside area.

Posted Image
    Finally, here is the entrance area; the queue and exit both travel over the ride, creating a head-chopping experience as riders fly through the final u-turn into the break run.

Enjoy Barefoot Park!
  • Faas%s's Photo
    Like I said, Trailblazer is amazing. Good work.
    Maybe try to spice up the flowers before the entrance a bit though, it looks a bit plain.
  • Greatcoaster%s's Photo
    I really love your work on this park. Especially the colours of Trailblazer and of the flowers are great in the pic, but you should do more with the Queue. These White walls look a Little bit tooooo boring for the colourful rest ;)/>
    And also I'm really tense to see the NEMC, like Fizzix said..
  • csw%s's Photo
    I think one of the vertical panels on the roof of the station may be miscolored.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Sometimes I do think certain parts of this park would benefit from a bit of pathing. Like the queue in this screen, the grass doesn't look right. I love it in the other areas and how open it is, but can't help think that that queue would look better pathed. You could still use natural material that would be fine to walk on in bare feet, wooden boardwalk for example. But yeah.

Horrible schwarz colours btw.
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    Hey everybody! First off, thanks to those who commented above!

Senior year has begun; in the two weeks and a few days that school has been in session I've managed to kick my shoes off for only an hour or two. While progress IS severely slowed, I still hope to work on the park as time permits. Once the whole college application frenzy slows down I might have more time.

That being said, I took another screen of Blue Jay to keep everyone entertained! Here you can see the ride slide down a small hill and swing out over a field of dry grass.
    Posted Image

Enjoy! Stick around; I'll post small screens every so often even if I don't have any huge updates. :)/>
  • Faas%s's Photo
    What's up with people barely commenting on screens lately?
    Is it all about streaming now? :(
  • meznator%s's Photo
    I am not a huge fan of the diagonal track's supports.
    But I do really like the colors.

Please keep posting screens.
  • Hex%s's Photo
    I guess I missed this update. Personally I love this entire concept. I think you should have some of the tan grass have a height difference. Other than that, I really love the atmosphere.

-S.C.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    This looks really good.
  • posix%s's Photo

What's up with people barely commenting on screens lately?
    Is it all about streaming now? :(/>

For me it's about too many and too small screens.
  • ottersalad%s's Photo
    Not a big fan of the diagonal supports either and that is a lot of 1/4 grass on the right of the screen.. I know there is a lot of grass in the park, but maybe see if other green colors would work well.
  • csw%s's Photo
    There's really not much going on in the screen, but I think the two trees on the right are either too tall or need more around them. The transition from small bush to huge tree is too steep, I think.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading