RCT Discussion / Whatup!

• J K%s's Photo
    Hello NE!

Firstly how's it going? Just thought I'd drop by and see what's going on, what new releases are making people say 'wow' and who the stand-out players are at the moment. Anyone mind filling me in on what's been going on?

JK
  • Mattk48%s's Photo
    S T A R P O I N T

- that's whats going on
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    X250's new park was the most recent exciting thing worth mentioning. Not too much has happened since. Yes, another wave of NCSO. And this time it seems to be serious.

How have you been dude? You're sorely missed!
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    we held a pro tour and nobody came
  • nin%s's Photo
    if by stand-out
    you mean nin
    then yes he is
  • posix%s's Photo
    J K, good to see you. It's difficult to summarise RCT culture, so just have a look. If I had to try: things are a bit uncertain at the moment in my eyes. Much of the now-to-be-good parkmaker generation fell through when they were victimised by micro-detailing their parks. You saw them post crazy screens over the past year or so but never release anything. The last two months you would read they lack motivation and inspiration, and are turning away from RCT. The most worthwhile to have a look at from this crowd is Cocoa's unfinished stuff.

There's a small but potentially promising new generation of players slowly starting to develop, of which most are European players with a tendency for choosing NCSO as Liam said. How promising they are I am really not sure about, but some have a good attitude, and I'm hoping two or three 5daves might come out of them.
  • nin%s's Photo
    That was the most depressing-yet-awe-inspiring comment I've read on here in a long time.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    -Windowed RCT2 which made livestreaming possible.

I think that sums it up.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Hello JK, you probably don't know me, but i might be one of those new players with promise.
    I'm a cso-er and haven't become a victim of over-detailing.
    my advertized stuff will be released soon... object editing was in the way for a good while. :p

Not everyone is burnt out Posix. :)
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Posix's comment is sad but so, so true. Hopefully you'll find the means to stick around, Jonny!
  • csw%s's Photo

#&%#!?&%!#'s comment is sad but so, so true. Hopefully you'll find the means to stick around, Jonny!

I love when the oldies call each other by their first names. So cute!
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Oh god, I'm an "oldie" now? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttt...
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    ^ Lol.
  • Steve%s's Photo

I love when the oldies call each other by their first names. So cute!

And posix is gonna give him a talking to for doing so, I'd bet, haha.

While posix's post is pessimistic yet hopeful, he's not wrong but I don't think he's right either. This past generation we saw great microdetailed parks from the likes of Pacificoaster and Robbie, among others. I'm a little tired of hearing it as an excuse for players giving up. This next wave of players we're seeing do seem to be going back to our roots, which is fine, but I don't think the days of over-detailing are ever going to cease, just like NCSO parks haven't.

JK, welcome back dude! Hopefully you have a few park projects left in you.

and yes Robbo, you're old.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I'm pretty sure no one is allowed to call Posix by his first name in public :p

Then there is me who gets the exclusive right to call him Po Po <3
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    I'll edit it then. Granted, I've done it previously sans issue, but if it's a sore subject, I'll edit.

The pains of using your name as your username...
  • csw%s's Photo
    So do I have to edit my quote then? I didn't mean it to become an issue, it's just a casual observation :)

EDIT: hahaa, never mind. Seems someone edited it for me.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Edited the quote.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    pussies
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    id have no time for rct with or without detailing

but lets not get into this now :p

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading