Week 3
    --------------
    Soutenours W - Blue Meanies L (forfeit)
    BYE: Sea Serpents, Mean Green, Icons, Pufferfish

Week 4
    --------------
    Sea Serpents 34 - Soutenours 10
    Icons 29 - Mean Green 23
    Pufferfish W vs. Blue Meanies L (forfeit)

Week 5
    --------------
    Icons vs. Pufferfish
    Mean Green vs. Sea Serpents
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    go blue me!anies
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    ... we are eating dust arent we?
    *despairing sigh*
  • posix%s's Photo

W - L - Games Behind - Team
    2 - 1 --0 -- Pufferfish

When did we loose a round? Have I missed something?
    I suppose you wanted to write 2 - 0 - 1 as we are one game behind.
  • Maverick%s's Photo

W - L - Games Behind - Team
    2 - 1 --0 -- Pufferfish

[font="tahoma"]When did we loose a round? Have I missed something?
    I suppose you wanted to write 2 - 0 - 1 as we are one game behind.[/font]

my bad... i must have read a line wrong in the scores... i fixed it now

-Mav
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Cool. Must take down undefeated teams. ;)

ICONS!!!
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    It’s a shame Posix is so clever and spotted the mistake because that puts us down to the middle.

Oh well, it’s our plan right...
    We go down then beat everyone after this yeah?
  • natelox%s's Photo
    i still don't see how we, the mean green, lost to the icons. our park was ill and the icons park was horrible. Nothing original at all. Fatha or TPM made a slight new variation of the stair which was really cool.
  • posix%s's Photo

i still don't see how we, the mean green, lost to the icons. our park was ill and the icons park was horrible. Nothing original at all. Fatha or TPM made a slight new variation of the stair which was really cool.

As I'm totally with you there, I want to start a debate...

Fatha' has been bashed like crazy lately. Almost everyone has him in his "overrated parkmakers" list and people moan about his unoriginality and repetitiveness. Besides, crap parks get told they'd look better than Fatha's work, etc...

I love this guy because he's making the freaking best parks ever in RCT. (That's just my opinion, yes, yours may differ, cool).
    I thought he deserved to win with Maui Xtreme Resort and when I saw they were way behind I got a little worried. So I went and asked a few NE pals of mine who are rarely checking the site to view both parks and vote because I was sure they'd gonna vote for Fatha'.... as it was simply the better park. No, I didn't tell them, "vote for him or I'll kill you !"
    Well, it was 23 - 29, first voted, second voted and another one did... all three liked the MeanGreen park better so they voted for it. And what happened? Nothing. The 23 didn't change, not at all. ThemeparkMaster will tell you the same thing as I told it to him and we've been chatting at that moment anyway.
    So, can anyone explain to me what's this all about?
    Did someone end the voting without closing the thread straight away maybe?
    I found it very strange...
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Hmm I still haven't seen Pyro and Foozy's park unfortunately but I'll agree that Fatha' and themeparkmaster's park was awesome. I don't know why Fatha' keeps showing up on the overrated lists. Maybe because he's number one on the list. Everyone wants to topple the leader. Fatha' knows his work is good whatever people say I'm sure but it can't hurt to say we appreciate his work once in awhile. NE wouldn't be the same without him.

Besides Posix, you should be happy. H2H2 has bred more controversy and excitement at this site than anything else in the last few months.
  • iris%s's Photo
    I got an idea!
    All you guys can cry and moan about it!
    Yeah!

Wow big deal, people liked El Dorado more then Fatha's.
    Maui Xtreme had two coasters that were very similar, which really hurt the park in my opinion. It was a close round, and ours just barely edged out the Mean Green. I don't see why you must now bitch about it like a 5 year old. I didn't see anyone over on my team bitching when we lost that first H2H against Posix.
    Just shows who can take losing and who can't.

And anyways, here are the OFFICIAL standings.

North Division
    1.Sea Serpents (2-0)
    --Wins:
    Week 2 against Soutenours. "Khalma Cove" by RRP and Nessy winning 35-17
    Week 4 against Soutenours. "Falcon's Ridge" by roomraider and Twisted winning 34-10

--Losses:
    None

2.Mean Green (1-2)
    --Wins:
    Week 1 against Soutenours. "Corozol" by Natelox and Themeparkmaster winning 45-4
    --Losses:
    Week 2 against Pufferfish. "Mishashta Heights" by Generation X & Metal losing 46-6
    Week 4 against Icons. "Maui Xtreme Resort" by Fatha' and Themeparkmaster losing 29-23

3.Soutenours (1-3)
    --Wins:
    Week 3 against Blue Meanies. "Valley of the Kings" by x-sector and GigaForce winning by forfeit.
    --Losses:
    Week 1 against Mean Green. "Evanescence" by Prince Ashitaka and GigaForce losing 45-4
    Week 2 against Sea Serpents. "Tumbleweed Frontiers" by OZONE and BioHazard losing 35-17
    Week 4 against Sea Serpents. "Village of the Peasents" by RCTFlame & shortdude losing 34-10

South Division
    1.Pufferfish (2-1)
    --Wins:
    Week 1 against Icons. "Horstmann Labratories" by Posix and Midnight Aurora winning 51-48
    Week 2 against Mean Green. "Purple Pill Heights" by ToonTowner & The Judge winning 46-6

--Losses:
    Week 4 against Blue Meanies. Double Forfeit.

2.Icons (2-1)
    --Wins:
    Week 2 against Blue Meanies. "Erwindale Forest" by Coaster Ed & mantis winning 37-19
    Week 4 against Mean Green. "El Dorado" by PyroPenguin & Foltzenator winning 29-23

--Losses:
    Week 1 against Pufferfish. "Elfwood" by Coasterct Nick & adamrct losing 51-48

3.Blue Meanies (0-3)
    --Wins:
    None
    --Losses:
    [I]Week 2 against Icons. "IsoMania" by Evil WME & Chauncey Gardner losing 37-19
    Week 3 against Soutenours. Forfeit.
    Week 4 against Pufferfish. Double Forfeit.

That's 100% official.
    Week 5 is underway now.
    Neither team got their park in for week 4, and you can even ask Posix how much extra time I granted them to get their parks in.

Right now the playoff picture is looking pretty close in the North Division.
    The Sea Serpents seem like a lock, but it's still pretty early in the season.
    The Soutenours appeared completely out of it, but with the Mean Green's loss, it's a pretty close race now for the final spot in the North.
    Over in the South, it's pretty lopsided with the Pufferfish & Icons both with 2-1 records (w/Pufferfish owning the tiebreaker) and Blue Meanies forfeiting yet again...
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    I normally would not pipe in about this, but I cant help but agree. You really dont know how PISSED off I am right now, and this isn't about losing (Even though I really hate it). First off, lets look at the two parks. Maui Xtreme has two original coasters (The vert ramp was originally created by Nev, i just flipped the idea), El Dorado has two beemers. This is like fucking comparing SONY or Pyro's Lion King Adventure to a normal beemer. You may not think the skate coaster is as good as Lion King or SONY, but the principle is still the same. I am astounded that people actually said that our coasters were bad, and the other park's coasters were better. Next, I will dissect comments.

El Dorado is so perfect....its scary. The colors and the archy make it soooo b00tiful. The theming around the coaster with the fire is excellent and the coaster itself isn't bad at all. Really nice...and definetly deserving a win here.

Maui Xtreme Resort was pretty good....but it just looked like every other resort I've seen. The layout was predictable really...and the it was just bland. It looks very HAWAIIish...but you don't have the tropical part of it down. Sorry.

What the hell, perfect? Because its a good rct2 park? First off, the architecture in the park is FAR more redundant and "predictable" then in ours. Every building has a flat roof, to me every building looked similar minus a few color changes (And people bitch at me for THAT exact reason!). Next, Maui looked like every other resort? Its on a mini-park! Have you ever seen a resort on a mini park? Added with two unique coasters? It looks HAWAIIish, but its not tropical? Huh?

It got boring with 2 stand up hacked coasters, but still it was nice.

First of all, let me ask you this. Those two coasters were skate coasters. How on earth am I suppose to make a skate coaster without having stand-up cars? I am at a loss how you can call this boring, when both of these coaster's are one-of-a-kind?

You call it sloppy? Fine, i'll understand that comment. Placed with a deadline to finish, added with other factors in my life, its the best I could put out. But voting against it because it didn't have ghost trains named and one ride didn't have a queue is well... whatever.

Maui Xtreme was nice, but I didn't find it had anything special. I really didn't like the two coasters, and I think that is what ultimately made the decision for me.

Not special? WTF. Read comments above.

Maybe its my anger talking? Perhaps, but after parks like SONY blew over others, i just can't understand why Maui Xtreme could not beat El Dorado. When I look at El Dorado, I see a rct2 park that is very good. Do I see a park that is better than Maui, NO. I mean no offense to Pyro or Foltzenator, because you both did an excellent job. I am just at a loss to what it takes to win a fucking game in H2H2. One week Erwindale destroys Isomania (I think that was the park) because it was deemed "So damn creative." Next, Maui Xtreme loses to El Dorado, because it was so "Not special." It seems to me I could make a fucking ride that flies above the map, shoots down Iraqi buildings, and I still wouldn't get a damn vote because its "not special." Comments about me being "The one everyone loves to see lose" may be true, but I am not stating that. Again, Im just very angry that my team loss to a park that did not deserve a win over us. Sorry Iris.

Fatha' has been bashed like crazy lately. Almost everyone has him in his "overrated parkmakers" list and people moan about his unoriginality and repetitiveness. Besides, crap parks get told they'd look better than Fatha's work, etc...

I will shut their asses up when the NE Invitational comes around.
  • Rct Flame%s's Photo
    My team lacks stong leadership-bigtime. Iris knows what I mean when I'm saying that. Nothing I can do about it now tho. Although I love having to throw a park together by myself in a little less than a week, getting my ass whooped, and then greatly improving my skills in a park I start right after I finish off the h2h2 park....grrr :@
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    I understand why you're pissed Fatha' as I went through the same thing myself. You spend time comming up with new ideas and polishing off the details and then you put it out there and people rip on it for arbitrary reasons. I guess that is the point of this contest though. Everybody has different things they like to see so somebody else's reasons while arbitrary and meaningless to me actually are significant to them. And the whole team competition encourages people to rip on others. It's fun when you're not personally involved but when people start ripping on your work it isn't so fun anymore. I'd like to see a little more constructive criticism and less 'My team's the best!' but what can you do?

As far as specifics are concerned, nobody here agrees on what good architecture is. I've come to accept that fact grudgingly. That's why I specifically try to praise architecture when it looks really good to me. Very few people make really good architecture and I'm not even happy with my own architecture half the time. Creativity is just as arbitrary. I thought Erwindale was incredibly creative because I thought of a new theme and invented ways to make it work and a ride that fit the theme. I associate creativity more with theming. That's what I consider creative but for some people it isn't creative unless they've never seen it before. The trackless hack and standup trains have been used before. Using coaster rails as grindrails on a skateboard ride is incredibly creative to me but others may not care about that kind of detail. 'Creative' is so overused that it doesn't mean much anymore. All in all I'm just as confused about why people vote the way they do as anyone else is. Maui Xtreme was good enough to win. One of the best H2H2 parks so far and one of the best miniparks of all time. I still haven't seen the other park so I can't take a firm stance either way on whether it should have won or not but what matters is that some time from now h2h2 will be over and people will forget the scores and team loyalties and the parks will still be there. Believe in the work even if nobody else does.
  • iris%s's Photo
    Fatha', chill out a little bit.
    Maui Xtreme was an awesome mini park, but so was El Dorado in my opinion.
    It depends on what the people were looking for in this contest. Your park was more creative then El Dorado,but El Dorado looked better in my opinion. Both park's architecture was solid, but repetitive in places.
    I think that our park honestly had nicer coasters. Neither of ours were as good as your skating adventure ride, which was very nice. I actually think that the park without the other ride would have been better, because the second coaster (being the same ride type) made the nicer one seem less significant.

I'm saying though, you were angry that people gave arbitrary reasons for dissing your park, but then you got mad and dissed Pyro's. Aren't you guilty now of what you were just complaining of? I understand why you're pissed and everything, but you shouldn't flame the other mini "just because". Both were great mini's, and we only won by 6 votes.

Also, one more thing. About the whole "Fatha being overrated". Most people who said he was overrated were just referring to the god-like status that he has around here, not the actual quality of the parks. Fatha', you know you're my personal favorite parkmaker, more then anyone else (and pretty easily also). But please do me a favor and don't get over-cocky or turn conceited about it because that really makes me lose respect for people. Natelox did it after Disney's Discovery Island, Butter' did it for a while after UCSR (no offense to either, I'm very good friends with both, I'm just making a point). Everyone knows how good you are Fatha', you're most likely the best parkmaker at NE, so don't take one thing all offensively.
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    Haha
    its funny watching people moan about a game.....
    Fatha your an amazing parkmaker, but really its like your gonna cry over losing..

I loved maui extreme but i thought (as 29 others did) that el dorado was a better park..(its about time an rct2 park got a bit of credit).

And posix, really your the biggest kid on the board, grow up
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I finally got a look at El Dorado, and i'm bound to vote for it because it's my team's park.

However, I can't speak for other people that voted for it, because I don't know what reasons they had.

Personally, I didn't think that the coasters were 'tired' or 'boring' in the slightest. The skateboarding ride wasn't one of a kind (see BioHazard's entry to the Blockbuster for what I mean), but it was certainly the first time something like that has been put to such use.
    The vertical coaster thingy was sweet too, and I thought the whole idea for an extreme sports resort was very nice.

And, of course, the architecture and theming were of top quality. Well Done Themeparkmaster and Fatha'.

El Dorado was also BEAUTIFUL, which I always like in a park. The colour scheme was reminiscent of something Harakiri would do in some ways, and I thought the coasters had excellent layouts. I don't think you can fault the park, to be honest.

Everyone (including me a few months ago) bangs on about creativity like it's up there in the buzzword-stakes with Weapons of Mass Destruction. I've come to realise that an old idea redone in a better way doesn't necessarily equal boring. Was the western area in Tropico Horizons seen as boring simply because it was released after all the other parks with areas spawned from it? No. Not to me, in any case. Saying El Dorado isn't good because it has 'nothing new' is like saying that any piece of architecture that has a 2x2 wooden sloped roof is plagerism.

Fatha's made a good case for his park, and I think other people have done a good job on fair judgement in this thread (not in the original thread, but that's my opinion). In a non-voting context my instinct would tell me that Maui is indeed the better park, but that doesn't mean I can't see the excellence of the other park.

Fatha' - just be glad you crushed my sorry ass with SoNY.
  • PyroPenguin%s's Photo
    First off, I didn't really like El Darado, in fact, I left doing the park with a dislike of RCT2... it just felt so repetative, like each building was a chore. Though, after just looking at the final version which I hadnt seen, Foltz finished it out with some really nice stuff. When I first saw Maui I knew we would lose, but apparantly we didnt. While it may not seem right to you, I can see where people would be comming from and you should be able to also.

Just because you have creative rides doesnt mean you will come out on top, its not like its an automatic win for you as you are preaching it. Creativity is great, its important and it seperates parks from others, but its not the only thing that there is to a park. And just because one park was creative doesnt stop others from enjoying the plain coasters in one park if they are done well. Once again, I would side with the creativity on this one, but I can also see where people would be comming from. I do however think El Darado used the space alot better and had a better atmosphere. Maui seemed to be more like a showcase of two rides with filler, the hotel looked thrown in because it was built in a straight line and the cove covers a good deal of space on a limited map. Basically all I'm trying to express is as you even said, El Darado is a good park and does have its high points, so people may have had a reason to vote for it over Maui. I may not understand it, and you may not either, but obviously it happened so whats the point in complaining about it?
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    I see that the other park is good, I said that it was. However, I can't see how one week Erwindale destroys Isomania, and then the next week El Dorado beats Maui. One creative parks beats one non-creative park, and then one non-creative park beats a creative park. Im sorry, but again I see no reason why El Dorado beat our teams park.

Secondly, ive been called arrogant many times. I could care less, if you think I am, bite me. I want to win, and I want to be the best. When I lose to something I see no reason losing for, I will voice my opinion. I recognize when parks are better than our teams park. Metal and GenX's park was not better then PPH. It deserved the win. But is El Dorado better then Maui in my mind? NO.

Ive stated my case, it won't change. I know one thing, if I see a creative rct1 park beat a good rct2 park (Under similar circumstances as Icons vs Mean), it would further piss me off.
  • PyroPenguin%s's Photo

But is El Dorado better then Maui in my mind? NO. 

See, there is your problem. In your mind its not, but this contest isnt about what your mind says. Its about what a collective group of minds say. If it was just about what was in your mind it would be very different, and not as much fun. If you recognize that its good that shows maybe some enjoyed it more than you did, obviously from the vote. So what I dont understand is how instead of simply accepting people have different tastes you need to go off on this.

As for the whole crative park being beaten by a non-creative park, like I said, creativity isnt the only thing to look at. According to your new frame of thought, I could go out and do some weird hack that has never been done before, give it no thememing, no architecture, just the one hack, and because it was "creative" it should win over a good looking park? Erwindale was not only an extremely creative park, but it was so refreshingly out of the ordinary and managed to look incredible still it deserved to win with no problems. In all honesty, I didnt think Maui Extreme was half as creative. Sure, it had two things that had never been done before, but how different were they really? I'm hearing you arent the first to do something like Vertika, and the Skating ride was just like any other adventure ride that uses underground track, its just to a different theme.. so thats not too terribly creative.

I can see why you are disappointed, but I jsut cant see why you are carrying on about it. If you are driven by an unending quest to win, then maybe you could keep the drive to yourself, but there wasnt anything wrong with the contest form wise, so you are really basically saying that the RCT communty is wrong for not voting for you because you think your park was better.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading