H2H2 / Current Standings

• Scarface%s's Photo
    End of the day icons won mean !!

take it on the chin
  • natelox%s's Photo

Please do me a favor and don't get over-cocky or turn conceited about it because that really makes me lose respect for people. Natelox did it after Disney's Discovery Island, Butter' did it for a while after UCSR (no offense to either, I'm very good friends with both, I'm just making a point).

I would like to know how i have become cocky. The only think i have said to you that i would consider cocky is saying that people aren't ready for parks that are radically different from the parks we see now (refering to the City of God). FYI, i really don't think i'm that good, i think i'm overated. I need to work on my skillz to get them up to a level which I can like them more, and other people might like them more too.

I haven't seen Butterfinger say anything cocky since he won the spotlight.

I don't know what your definition of cocky is, but i'm pretty sure ur's is wrong. Have you even bothered to take a look at fatha's sig recenlty? It states: "Wreckin Parkmakers Since 2000, you really want to test me?". That reads cocky to me. He's boasting about how great he is. He constatly says that hes the best and now he basically says that everyone will love him after the Ne invitational.

Cocky defined by Dictionary.com states "Overly self-assertive or self-confident". I really don't see how i fit in that category.
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    Nate..
    Lighten up, im joking in my signature.
  • Scarface%s's Photo

Nate..
    Lighten up, im joking in my signature.

Seen as your saying lighten up to Nate, you should lighten up about the whole h2h thing. :p
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    Im calm now adam. ;)
  • Scarface%s's Photo

Im calm now adam. ;)

;)X
  • iris%s's Photo
    Nate, relax man. I think you just made my arguement for me through you're whole post.
    By you saying "ever since I made DDI, I have some perfectionist problem", is being cocky, as that's assuming that DDI was 'perfect'. You claim that everyone else is wrong for not liking your park. I'm not sure how that works. "Here's a screen of my park. You don't like it? You're not ready for it". That's just an assumption you're making because you like it more then others. There's nothing that people "don't understand". People understand. They just don't like it as much as you do. That doesn't make them stupid, or not ready, or whatever you're saying.

Anyways, Fatha' sig is not cocky, it's just a joke man. Now if someone said "I wanna test you", and Fatha' said "do you know who I am?" or something, then yes, that would be cocky. But his sig isn't.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    I say we fire all the parkmakers.

every last one.

i mean it.

ok, I don't...

hehe.

Fatha', your parks rock, all have been embraced by me, and influenced my work somehow or another... same with you Nate... You both have tendancies to be cocky, but who the hell doesn't?

I can see both viewpoints, Iris's and Nate's. On one hand, if someone dislikes my pics, I could care less, just as long as I like them. But on the other hand, some people comment out of spite and say they don't like them, just because of jealousy, or some other underlying problem.

anyways, you should all get banned for even registering...

;)
  • natelox%s's Photo

Nate, relax man. I think you just made my arguement for me through you're whole post.
    By you saying "ever since I made DDI, I have some perfectionist problem", is being cocky, as that's assuming that DDI was 'perfect'. You claim that everyone else is wrong for not liking your park. I'm not sure how that works. "Here's a screen of my park. You don't like it? You're not ready for it". That's just an assumption you're making because you like it more then others. There's nothing that people "don't understand". People understand. They just don't like it as much as you do. That doesn't make them stupid, or not ready, or whatever you're saying.

Anyways, Fatha' sig is not cocky, it's just a joke man. Now if someone said "I wanna test you", and Fatha' said "do you know who I am?" or something, then yes, that would be cocky. But his sig isn't.

About the perfectionist comment, that was pointed towards my parks that i am working on. I couldn't get anything going because i was a perfectionest, non of the parks i was working on were perfect, below an acceptable level, so i dropped them. I don't even like DDI anymore, i don't think i ever said that people are wrong for not likeing my park, its their oppinion. If i did say that, i'm sorry for that was wrong.

About the city god and people not liking it. Yes, many do not like it, they think its ugly etc.. yes i said people are not ready for it, but i don't see that as cocky. People see it as ugly and i don't think they will like it because its to radical, its like politics. A conservatist likes to see things stay the same, little or no change, but the radicals want to change everything. People who are conservatists are not ready for huge change and do not see the radical's point of view, therefore, in the radicals opinion, they are not ready. Most people do not change their political point of view, therefore they will never be ready.

And about fatha's comments, i don't care if he's joking or not, it obvious he has an elarged ego and is trying to hide it behind the saying "i'm jokeing". I have confronted him a few times about that, and he always says that he's joking, i'm not buying it. U can say you're joking as much as you want, i will not buy it.
  • PyroPenguin%s's Photo

About the city god and people not liking it. Yes, many do not like it, they think its ugly etc.. yes i said people are not ready for it, but i don't see that as cocky. People see it as ugly and i don't think they will like it because its to radical, its like politics. A conservatist likes to see things stay the same, little or no change, but the radicals want to change everything. People who are conservatists are not ready for huge change and do not see the radical's point of view, therefore, in the radicals opinion, they are not ready. Most people do not change their political point of view, therefore they will never be ready.

I find this funny, because it truly isnt that people are not ready for it, there is just notihng to be ready for. Choosing to take away all the landscaping isnt that big of a move in terms of advancing the game, its just a choice to leave a park excessivly bare. Themeing by adding some form of vegetation is a basic gaemplay aspect, along with coasters, architecture, rides, ect. So is it radical to just ditch all architecture too? Screw buildings and if people dont like it they just arent ready for it. That seems kinda like regressing to me. You know, like the first few RCT parks I built will all rides, no buildings, no landscpaing; now thats radical. Basically, thats a bitterly sarcastic way of summing up the fact that I really dont feel people arent ready for your radical ideas, its just because they really truly dont look good.
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    And you people call yourself adults...
  • Fatha'%s's Photo

And about fatha's comments, i don't care if he's joking or not, it obvious he has an elarged ego and is trying to hide it behind the saying "i'm jokeing". I have confronted him a few times about that, and he always says that he's joking, i'm not buying it. U can say you're joking as much as you want, i will not buy it.

Really, the only joke is you taking my comments seriously. But, whateva.
  • Micool%s's Photo

Who said they were an adult? I'm pretty sure there hasn't been anyone in this thread above their teens...(Ed?..)

I just spent 20 minutes writing the longest post in this thread, and managed to delete it. :@

What it basically said was, in an argument, there's a winner, and a loser. In unorganized arguments, no one ever wins, but when you have a system, ours being 'voting,' there's going to be a winner. And there was a winner. El Dorado. You can't change the system just to win....especially just because you are of the opinion that your park is better. The Icons won. There was nothing unfair about it.

BTW Posix, wouldn't that still leave the Mean Green behind by three?

Oh, and I had two paragraphs explaining creativity, and why it was impossible to argue that one park displayed it and one didn't. Just trust me on that one.

And also, I said not to take this so seriously. I certainly am NOT saying 'There are much more things important than some dumb game, like, REALITY.' Because if RCT is important to you, than so be it. But nothing is worth arguing so much over, because it's a shitty waste of time.

But I think, in conclusion, that if I had to vote again, I wouldn't.
  • posix%s's Photo

BTW Posix, wouldn't that still leave the Mean Green behind by three?

Unfortunately, yea, but anyway, the voting thing wasn't important. I just wanted to start a debate because I knew from AIM that people got pretty pissed and angry about the last H2H2 Voting. So I went and posted the typical APP (Asshole-Posix-Post) people are so easy to provoke with. Especially Adam, he never gets it, oh well.... maybe I'm even doing it now? You'll never know....
    But one thing is for sure, if I didn't do it we wouldn't have had such a nice debate to enjoy, would we ?
    And really, wasn't it nice? I find it pretty funny to see NE's best parkmakers having a jawing match. And, it was definitely necessary. We didn't have that for ages!

About the cockyness,
    I say if someone's cocky and you have a problem with it then you're doing something wrong.
    Maybe someone who thinks he knows something about psychology (glances at SDI) could explain why people get offended by someone who is cocky? I can only guess....
  • Roomie%s's Photo

Well said...
    90% of this post is pathetic... there is no other word for it...
  • Scarface%s's Photo

So I went and posted the typical APP (Asshole-Posix-Post) people are so easy to provoke with. Especially Adam, he never gets it, oh well....

Yes, typical asshole posix post !! :yup:

But really this arguing is boring..It is a game

put the next parks up :yup: :!!:
  • Nevis%s's Photo
    Don't worry Kryptic Master :D I loved Maui Xtreme ( judging from screens of course). Though ideas might have been done before, I think you used them "xtemely'' well. I understand how you feel because after everyone saying how repetative you are, you think this one is actually creative ( And I will agree) and still they don't think it is. Pretty confusing and stressful I bet. But opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and learn to accept them all regardless of what they have to say.
  • mantis%s's Photo

Well said...
    90% of this post is pathetic... there is no other word for it...

Personally I thought it was pretty interesting. Arguments, like with people you actually see each day, are revealing either way.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo

[font="tahoma"]Unfortunately, yea, but anyway, the voting thing wasn't important. I just wanted to start a debate because I knew from AIM that people got pretty pissed and angry about the last H2H2 Voting. So I went and posted the typical APP (Asshole-Posix-Post) people are so easy to provoke with. Especially Adam, he never gets it, oh well....      maybe I'm even doing it now? You'll never know....
    But one thing is for sure, if I didn't do it we wouldn't have had such a nice debate to enjoy, would we ?
    And really, wasn't it nice? I find it pretty funny to see NE's best parkmakers having a jawing match. And, it was definitely necessary. We didn't have that for ages!

About the cockyness,
    I say if someone's cocky and you have a problem with it then you're doing something wrong.
    Maybe someone who thinks he knows something about psychology (glances at SDI) could explain why people get offended by someone who is cocky? I can only guess....[/font]

Personally, I find a lot of what you say to be quite cocky and arrogant.

For instance, take that SAC thread. People posted polite comments on the park saying they didn't like it, and you go balistic on us for no damn reason. You continued to proclaim that you were right, and eventually, the thread was closed.

Other times you just act like an ass, but people put up with it.

Hypocritical people aren't gonna be in good standing with most...
  • posix%s's Photo

Personally, I find a lot of what you say to be quite cocky and arrogant.

For instance, take that SAC thread.  People posted polite comments on the park saying they didn't like it, and you go balistic on us for no damn reason.  You continued to proclaim that you were right, and eventually, the thread was closed.

Other times you just act like an ass, but people put up with it.

Hypocritical people aren't gonna be in good standing with most...

Oh please, do you really have to come up with that SAC thread again?
    I've even posted in there that I'm sorry to have overreacted but it seems that when I try to be nice you just overread it. Anyway, what I got angry about was that people made him cancel the park though it was his firsty since ages and nobody was actually that happy to have him back....
    At first I was afraid he might cancel the park and secondly I thought he might quit RCT again. You may be able to understand that I got worried when he actually canceled it. Besides, I didn't find the bad comments he got very reasonable.... anyway, can we please shut up about this thing? It's months ago and really not worth to discuss about any longer. Thank you

About me being "hypocritical", well, I don't think I'm here to make friends with everyone or parks everyone praises me for. If you don't like me then I guess I can't help it and it isn't my goal to become most popular around NE. I hope you can accept that.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading