News / The Loss of A Great Site

• iris%s's Photo
    "Yes, it is indeed true that I've closed RCT Station. It's not something I was looking forward to quite frankly. We simply don't have the resources (money) to continue with keeping RCT Station running. There are a few fan sites (not in the RollerCoaster Tycoon community) who have been deemed important to their respective game community to warrant the game's publisher to actually pay the server bills. Unfortunately, not all game communities get this treatment. We have more information and submissions not posted than posted - just think about that for a second.".

This is the message that can be found where one of the all-time great sites I've ever visited to, RCT Station, once was. I think that the entire RCT community owes a lot to Jim Chamberlain aka "Red Phoenix", for putting all the time and effort needed to create the largest RCT community in the world, and staying with the site, even when it was struggling, to eventually create the amazing site it had become. I hope nothing but good things come Red Phoenix's way, I've talked with him several times on AIM, and have a profound respect for him. His professionalism, persistancy, and love for the community has always shined through in everything he does, and I was proud to have him as an affiliate of New Element.

What comes next? Like Phoenix posted, no one can truly predict the future. As far as New Element goes, lots of people have suggested that we will get a large influx of members from the Station. If so, I'd like to take the time out to lend out a welcoming hand to anybody looking towards New Element. I'd like to erase any negative correlation that people may think the two sites shared, because as I've already stated, I have the utmost respect for Red Phoenix, Mike Robbins, and the entire site as a whole. Those switching over from RCT Station to New Element can expect to be treated with respect as well. I'm expecting our workload to increase drastically now, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Once again, I'd like to wish good things on all those who made RCT Station so great. Starting from the top with Red Phoenix, to Mike Robbins, to the entire staff there that always impressed me with their dillgent and friendly work throughout the forums. Good luck guys, and hopefully we can see you one day return...
    -Iris
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo
    I never saw the day that the Station would go under....never. So long RctStation :0
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Well said my friend, well said. Its sad to see them go. NE is really going to have to pull together to stay afloat. Like I said ealier NE is going down over my dead body. :D
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    Wow... that sucks. They had the best place for scenary. I wonder where all the peeps will go. NE? Danimation? Iraq?
  • REspawn%s's Photo
    i think the majority should come over here. sad to see it go tho. :(
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    The majority of people that post at RCTStation are people who have just joined in the last few months, and I don't even think half of them have even HEARD of NE...I know I hadn't until ANFG told me about it. Get the word out if you truly want more people to join here.

When you said that they will be treated with respect, thats not entirely true. This is the most rude, inconsiderate and unloving places...but its a lot of fun. I'm not exactly sure if they'll be treated with respect, but they'll have a helluva good time. NE is the best place I know...I just posted at RCTStation for the projects folder and our RCTU folder. I am very sad to see Survivor go to waste though, I was looking forward to voting.

Anyways, great job to Red Phoenix and Mike Robbins for keeping the site basically afloat, even in the rough patches. Also, a shoutout to Kai for helping out there too. I know you guys put an extraordinary amount of work making it the site it is today. Congrats...and I'm sorry to see it go.
  • mantis%s's Photo

When you said that they will be treated with respect, thats not entirely true. This is the most rude, inconsiderate and unloving places...but its a lot of fun. I'm not exactly sure if they'll be treated with respect, but they'll have a helluva good time.

(I don't understand this sentiment, but this isn't what this topic is about).

It's a very big shame that this has happened, in spite of the suggestions for cutting costs - i guess it's a lot easier to say things than actually carry them out.

Thankyou Red for running a site that had me visiting daily for nearly a year and a half - that's what really makes me sad. I've spent that portion of my life getting to know people there, enjoying the community and getting better at RCT. I'm sad that I can't do that any more, but thankyou for the opportunity!

I hope that some members that have no 'home board' now will find somewhere else to meet, and there are so many sites out there that hopefully it won't be too hard to find a place where we can all talk to each other some time.

-mantis
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    This is sad. I knew it was a big site but never visited it until I found out somebody was changing stuff on a park I made and releasing it as theirs since then I visted on and off and lately I been visting quite a bit.

Good luck in the future you lot.
  • Chesire%s's Photo
    Being there for 2 years, I learned what good parks are and most of them are here. RCTStation had good parks, but there were too many newbies everyday. It is sad seeing my first RCT site leave, but I guess they had to. Great job Red, Mike, Ogre, etc...
  • rbarclay%s's Photo
    I think it's really too bad. I remember finding RCT Station site just by chance and visited the site often. In the last six months, I was checking the forum several times a day. It always was also a good resource for ideas, parks, tracks, scenery objects, contests and tutorials.

Hope it comes back someday. I did meet several interesting people there. Hope to see several of them here too.
  • DarkRideExpert%s's Photo
    Chocobogo's Site eventully came back,so will RCTStation. :yup:
  • GuestGypsieHater%s's Photo
    I love RCT Station. I spent all last summer every day on that site. RIP RCT Station. I'll miss you

Mark/Killjoy/GypsieHater/Burns&ColeCoasters.

(I did that because over there I had different names.
  • lightkeeper%s's Photo
    The community will never truely regain its numbers and strength now. There were so many people and many probably don't know of anywhere else. Also, Those who do go join other places, won't all regroup at the same spot. Such good work and great resources will be next to impossible to regain.
  • JFK%s's Photo

This is the most rude, inconsiderate and unloving places...but its a lot of fun. I'm not exactly sure if they'll be treated with respect, but they'll have a helluva good time.

That's bullshit. You're a fucking retard.
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo

That's bullshit. You're a fucking retard.

:lol:
  • Tony%s's Photo
    Does this mean everyone from RCT Station's gonna flock here?
  • JFK%s's Photo
    Sadly, no. They are repelled by the sheer amount of foul language on these forii.

Just as well, because I couldn't possibly tolerate any more retards over here.
  • Ozone%s's Photo
    I believe that Stupid-Git forgot to add his usual "foul language" in his post above.

I guess that means he wants the Stationers to flock here. Cheers Git, and, Happy editing of your previous post.

Btw, I'm sad to see the Station go under.
  • bokti%s's Photo
    Go away, RCT-Station'ers. Your one-sentence/one smilie bullshit is sucking up the bandwidth for us members dedicated to making decent posts. If you want to still belong to forii, go create a makeshift one for you guys.

That way, you can still rot in a brainless hell, but it will be created by yourselves.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    What the hell are forii?

If your gonna be a show off and use uncommon word forms use the goddamn correct ones.

The correct plural of forum is either forums or (if you must show off) fora...

as in datum and data

If we were visiting a forius then perhaps the plural would be forii

As usual Git you amaze me with your brilliance. Please make up some more words so we can all bask in your infinite intelligence.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading