RCT Discussion / Coaster Classifieds

• alex%s's Photo

its a great start.. the progression of elements and overall shape has a good logic to it.

The main problem is flow. You can improve this by removing some of the straight sections as well as keeping some pieces banked after/before turns, especially on the hills. I think you should also make the zero G roll much lower.

• Jappy%s's Photo

And I've been completely reworking it! Oh, well... I still have that save of track. So you suggest I can improve this by lowering the zero G alot? Smoothening out straight bits will be no problem.

EDIT: A different version of the layout I want to show.

Inttest2.png

• Iron Rattler%s's Photo

Attached Image: SCR2.png

Looking specifically for feedback on the layout so I figured this was the best place to post it. My main concern is that it is currently too short

• G Force%s's Photo

Few too many turns, just feels like a mess of track without any real flow or logic to the layout.

• GammaZero%s's Photo

First drop looks weird, I think the coaster need to be less sparse than that.

• Austin55%s's Photo

FOR SALE - mountain flyer inspired GCI

Attached Image: 256 2016-09-02 23-23-58.png

• alex%s's Photo

Looks beautiful, Austin. Great blend of looseness and compactness.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

I don't like whats happening right at the top of the mountain (specifically that sort of double dip before the diagonal turn) or the the second station flyby but otherwise its pretty ace

• Dimi%s's Photo

I agree with Cocoa but yeah, otherwise great layout Austin!

• soluna%s's Photo

figure this is a better place to post layout updates rather than needlessly bumping my screenshots, so here goes

Attached Image: b&m layout 2.jpg

obviously I suck at layouts, with 8 in-game years the best looking reroute I could do after the mcbr was this even after countless references to rcdb and stuff like that. How do you get it so that the track runs parallel to itself on the way back to the station while keeping it from looking tacky?

• G Force%s's Photo

I'd avoid unbaked turns and tight turns all together, unless the train is going at a very very slow pace.

Perhaps look at some other B&M hypers on this site and try to mimic their style.  Helixes and airtime hills are probably the most common elements of a hyper, of which you don't really have after the MCBR.

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

I'd either run 2 trains and kill the midcourse or have the brake run go straight back from the station and do some type of out and back / twister combo for the second half. It's a mess now. Why even bother with the forced s turns to get back to the brake run? You're over-complicating things.

• Austin55%s's Photo

Yeh trying to put to much into a small space and it aint working.

• Peeps%s's Photo

Attached Image: Screenshot (1).png

I have some coasters up for grabs, including the one pictured here: Bizarro. PM me if interested.

• G Force%s's Photo

That's pretty good Peeps, not great for an exact recreation, but probably a design worthy layout.

• Peeps%s's Photo

Attached Image: Rollercoaster Heaven 2016-10-19 15-57-08.png

I've got a new wooden twister hot off the press.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

lovely

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo

Hey guys I'm getting back into the game after not touching it for a few months and I've just started a new project.  I'm looking for a compact B&M invert with a realistic take.  Preferably something similar to a Nemisis layout but not necessarily terrain hugging.  Thanks!

• Scoop%s's Photo

2929b2bf4efe825596f102d9669b778d.png

Does this tickle your fancy?

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

80% tickled

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading