General Chat / 10,000th Post Celebration Event! - Prize Giveaway Inside!

• Louis!%s's Photo

10,000th Post!

:bandit: :party:  :birthday: :party: :bandit:

So as is clearly evident, this is my 10,000th post! I am only the third member in NE's history to reach this amount and so to celebrate this milestone I have several nice things* to give to the community I love so much!

*so called nice things are considered by me to be nice, or at least decent. Also note that even if I sound egotistical, I'm not Kumba, therefore everything that could be considered ego-centric, is far from being so.

First though, I would like to just say how much this community means to me. I know most of you probably don't even care or will even read this, but most of you guys have a special place in my heart, even some of you newer members that may have only been around for a year or so, you all make my time at NE special, and if it wasn't for you, none of the work I do for the site would be enjoyable. There's so many of you special people out there that I can't even begin to name names, because I would end up forgetting someone and thus upsetting them or upsetting me and the cycle would go on like this. So basically, you know who you are, and if you don't, shame on you, because you should know so you can bask in the praise I have showered over you.

So anyway, over the weekend, there will be several surprises that I deem to be special*, and I hope you can all appreciate them and join in with this momentous occasion!

*again, see above for explanation of nice or special things, and also note that surprises may not be at all surprising or as exciting as they may sound

Keep your eyes peeled! Everything will be posted in this bumper bonanza of a celebration topic with the links to each special post provided in this very 10,000th post! Now bloody well congratulate me, I deserve praise for the amount of time I have wasted at this wonderful website!

I love you all!

Louis!

Surprises

1) New Release - Disney's Magical Kingdom

2) Super Special Amazingly Fabulous Prize Giveaway - Full Details Here

• Maverix%s's Photo

Love you Louis! 

Congrats buddy!

• Faas%s's Photo

Congratulations Louis! Everything I will ever achieve will be dwarfed by this achievement. 

• Lotte%s's Photo

congrats louis! let's hope there's many more posts to come

• Poke%s's Photo

Well done Louis!

• Atomik%s's Photo

Congratulations!

I'm here only since a few weeks and I can already see this is a great, tight-knit community you guys have here. Always nice to see sites as old as this one still being active even with the old members.

• Xeccah%s's Photo

damn i gotta keep shitposting to reach such ranks

currently around 2000 iirc 

• Lotte%s's Photo
    How do you know how many posts you have?
  • Louis!%s's Photo

I don't know how you find out, the count was removed when we went to NE5. I found mine out by continually checking the ACP (something you can't do).

• Xeccah%s's Photo

you can look on the mobile version still 

• Louis!%s's Photo

So now comes the exciting part! The first surprise, and IMO the biggest and the best!

Some of you may already know this, but finally I can reveal to the masses that I have been secretly working on a park.

When I first realised I was heading towards 10,000 posts, a year or so ago, I started construction on what I hoped would be my very own spotlight park to release by the time I reached 10,000 posts.

I finished that park several weeks ago, sent it off to my testers, and have been waiting for my post count to finally reach 10,000 to release it in this special celebration.

It's been immensely difficult keeping this a secret and so I thank everyone who gave me feedback in private and gave me a place to share my work out of public view. Without you guys consistantly helping me along, I wouldn't have the park I have today.

Whilst I'm adding the final little touches and sorting out the release prep I wanted to share a few screens of initial construction and initial plans to give you all an idea of what you can expect when the release comes later this weekend!

Some of you may recognise some of these screens and images and I'm pretty sure you will all know what type of park to expect over the weekend!

Enjoy!

Attached File  disneymap.png (866.46KB)
    downloads: 55
    Initial plans from years ago. Revived the project.

Attached File  castle1.png (44.14KB)
    downloads: 70

Initial castle work, playing around with colours and structure.

Attached File  castle2.png (66.86KB)
    downloads: 89
    More initial castle work after taking a different direction.

Attached File  spacemountain.png (343.59KB)
    downloads: 124
    The final Space Mountain layout, based on Paris' version. (This is it when it was originally done for the Reddit contest)

Attached File  thundermountain.png (261.03KB)
    downloads: 90
    Some very early and very basic Thunder Mountain work.

• Xeccah%s's Photo

looks like universal to me, dude 

• Lotte%s's Photo

awesome! what year count?

also i just looked up my number of posts, this is my 688th

• Ling%s's Photo

How did you check?

Congrats Louis. Looking back I can hardly believe how long some of us have been doing this for. :p Thanks for all the hard work you (and the other admins!) do and have done.

• Lotte%s's Photo

when on the mobile website of NE you can see of each user how many posts they have, i think you have around 2500 now, and shogo is a big liar because he's around 1300 :p

• Ling%s's Photo

My phone just loads the full desktop one. Must have changed it one too many times.

• Lotte%s's Photo

try to completely shut down safari/whatever you use on your phone. and then reload

• JJayMForce%s's Photo

Wow, super excited for your park, Louis!  Congrats too! 

• Liampie%s's Photo

Congratulations Louis. Your park is going to be immense!

• Austin55%s's Photo

neat

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading