Ask the Experts / Updated invisible hut tutorial images

• GammaZero%s's Photo
    The sad thing is that, for me, turn track invisible doesn't work for some reason...
  • thirteen%s's Photo

same thing here. without crooked house it does not work. may be windows 7 though.

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

I have windows 7, works fine for me

• thirteen%s's Photo
    Did you do everything right?
    1. Build ride + exits normally, rotate with SOB if needed, connect paths
    2. Sink land with mom if needed
    3. Build dummy ride underneath, and underneath that a full tile object
    4. Raise land 125 tiles with mom
    5. Place support blockers underground the raised land
    6. Make dummy ride invisible with 8cars 1.32
    7. Sink land with mom again.

"MFG"

I did it with 124 tiles hight, but it still does not work. Neither with crooked house (dummy track does become invisible, but huts not) nor without crooked house mode (noting is invisible).

:(

• 5dave%s's Photo
    This hack has nothing to do with crooked house.

Maybe your trainer doesn't work?
    It should have the same settings as your game (compatibility, run as admin,...).

"MFG"
  • thirteen%s's Photo

well I dont know that, I have the 1.32 version and everything looks like on the tutorial screens except when the land is lowered again, its all like it was before.

the "make track invisible" function of the ride edit tab did never work in my game. It has do be crooked house to turn the track invisible.

:(

I will try downloading that trainer again and give it a shot.

• thirteen%s's Photo

GOOD LORD SWEET JESUS IT WORKS

what I did: delete my 1.32 version with the dll file. downloaded it again from the NE utility page. NOW IT WORKS. I dont know what messed my trainer up, it works like a charm now.

Thanks guys for all you help anyway!!

• GammaZero%s's Photo

GOOD LORD SWEET JESUS IT WORKS

I guess I was using a broken 1.32 version as well. I love you guys <3

• chemist%s's Photo

Everytime i do this i get error trapper ! and give up on the game

• Ling%s's Photo

At which stage?

• chemist%s's Photo

Okay I've been having many problems with this, when I got to the ride edit part. My Operating mode is saying a bunch of giberish I noticed, and when i make the ride invisible. I go back into game and I ALWAYS get error trapper and the game crashes. Idk how to fix this, i follow the steps, i made my RCT2 Compatibility...is it bc my RCT2 is a nodisc hack version? Will that effect the game? 

• chemist%s's Photo

I can try to take a picture of what I'm talking about only if i knew how to make the game into window mode =(

• G Force%s's Photo

Google "RCT2 Windowed mode" and you can probably find an easy tutorial.  

Also, if you keep getting error trappers in that stage is often an issues, and honestly I dont know a fix off the top of my head.

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

chemist, it's mentioned in the comments above yours, but you have to make sure you're using the proper 8cars version or it won't work. Just double checking to see if you considered that angle.

• Ling%s's Photo

Also the Edit Rides Menu simply won't work with some newer versions of Windows (i.e. newer than XP). I use a virtual machine running Windows XP SP3 for all of my hacking. The gibberish in the property boxes tells me it's having issues reading the game instance, although usually 8cars will just crash when you do anything like that, not error trap you.

• chemist%s's Photo

Ah okay I will look up the tutorial for the window mode..and well first off I'm sure I'm using the right 8cars. I can use everything else in 8cars and it works fine but when i used the invisible ride, the error trapper happens. And Ling you mean to tell me to keep trying different versions of the compatibility till I don't see the gibberish in the property boxes?

• Ling%s's Photo

That is definitely one option. Compatibility options work for some people. Are you building the dummy track perfectly straight? Is there anything else on the tile? Ideally, we need screenshots.

I did a live example of this in a weekly stream, in case that helps.

• chemist%s's Photo

That is definitely one option. Compatibility options work for some people. Are you building the dummy track perfectly straight? Is there anything else on the tile? Ideally, we need screenshots.

I did a live example of this in a weekly stream, in case that helps.

Wow thank you so much Ling! This helps so much, so you use two different 8 cars when making invisible huts? Didn't know that. Second I guess i got to get a real legit rct2, im using a cracked version and Im assuming it won't work well with a cracked version? 

• Ling%s's Photo

Yes, I use 1.32 only for the invisible step. I have used cracked versions of the game for forever because I hate having a disc drive in my PC. If you buy it from GOG or Steam though you don't need to crack it. If you have discs, there are legal ways to make it so you don't need the discs in. There are guides here in this forum.

• chemist%s's Photo

That might be the problem, I was using 1.32 for everything! I had no idea! lol thanks so much ling, I had so many nice ass parks in the past and never posted on this websites for YEARS! I mean atleast the past 6 years I've came with nice ass parks and ghost following this site for ages and never attempted to release b/c i would get into a fix or either didn't get satisfied with my park. So now I hope to release something and show you a real good park maker in the works =)    ALSO this might not be 8cars related but you know how Steve uses the diagonal path pieces? I can't seem to figure it out how he does it without the path being on top of the land, i can never seem to get it into the land..only time is when i completely lower the land and it looks retarded since half is covered with diagonal and the other part is exposing the lower land. Any tutorials? 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading