General Chat / UK Fantasy Football (Soccer)

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Half your starting team is injured so you're not getting many points. Probably. Haven't looked.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    I wonder if now is the time to put some chelsea players back in :p
  • Louis!%s's Photo

haha totally.

change your whole team to chelsea players? :p

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Don't count on any miracles, with Guus Hiddink as manager. He somehow turned a 3rd place at the world cup winning team into a super mediocre team that couldn't even beat Iceland, Turkey or the Czech Republic. The Netherlands are the Chelsea of countries, and if there is anyone to blame it is Guus Hiddink. Or the Dutch FA for appointing a shitty team, but that's not a person. :p
  • Stoksy%s's Photo

^I mean yeah, but he also took Australia to the knockout stages in '06 and did pretty well at Russia if I remember correctly. Just because he did shit at the Netherlands most recently doesn't necessarily mean he'll be shit at Chelsea. Just how I think it'd be hard to find anyone who would discredit Mourinho despite what happened this season.

• FredD%s's Photo

He somehow turned a 3rd place at the world cup winning team into a super mediocre team that couldn't even beat Iceland, Turkey or the Czech Republic.  

I'd rather say Van Gaal managed to get a shitty team into the 3rd place of the WC than saying Hiddink turned it into a mediocre team. Holland's fail is about the players, not about the trainer. 

• Liampie%s's Photo
    I disagree, The Netherlands still has a better team than the other three countries. Plenty of experienced players (Robben, Sneijder, arguably Van Persie, Huntelaar, De Jong, Vlaar), plenty of talent (Wijnaldum, Willems, Depay, Clasie, Blind, De Vrij), only a missing generation in the middle (Elia, Babel, Affelay - all didn't really make it for varying reasons). Now injuries didn't help, our defense was completely crippled for most of the qualification, with sometimes none of the would-be first choices available. We've barely seen Willems, De Vrij or Vlaar, if at all. But Hiddink made such weird choices that it truly seems like has no clue anymore. Maybe it's Alzheimers. But say you're right, and the team is shit. If Iceland can turn into an A-team with mostly C-players, The Netherlands can remain an A-team with a mix of A- and B-players too.
  • FredD%s's Photo
    I disagree, The Netherlands still has a better team than the other three countries. Plenty of experienced players (Robben, Sneijder, arguably Van Persie, Huntelaar, De Jong, Vlaar), plenty of talent (Wijnaldum, Willems, Depay, Clasie, Blind, De Vrij), only a missing generation in the middle (Elia, Babel, Affelay - all didn't really make it for varying reasons). Now injuries didn't help, our defense was completely crippled for most of the qualification, with sometimes none of the would-be first choices available. We've barely seen Willems, De Vrij or Vlaar, if at all. But Hiddink made such weird choices that it truly seems like has no clue anymore. Maybe it's Alzheimers. But say you're right, and the team is shit. If Iceland can turn into an A-team with mostly C-players, The Netherlands can remain an A-team with a mix of A- and B-players too.

Sneijder, Van ¨Persie, Huntelaar, De Jong... all over the top. Robben is the only world class player left and he's known to get injured fast. From the talents you name, I only see big talents in Wijnaldum and Depay, and they are not ready to lead the Dutch squad. Well, you're right that the Dutch team should do the same as the Iceland or Czech team, but Blind has never proven to be a good coach... He's not worthy of this position.

And you guys have to learn how to defend. Vlaar is pure shit, and you lack strong defenders. Quit the 'defenders must be able to kick a ball perfectly over 50 meter' thing. 

Hiddink will probably only be coach until the end of the season. In that case they could have waited with firing Mourinho (though I don't like Mou). Guardiola next season?

• Louis!%s's Photo

Hiddink will just be in the post until the end of the season. Mourinho failed cause the players had fallen out with him. So anyone that goes in there now should get more success than Mourinho had this year.

Guardiola won't go there no matter how much Chelsea want him. They'll end up with Diego Simmone or Brendan Rodgers.

Guardiola will leave Bayern, take a year sabattical and join Man Utd when Van Gaal leaves.

• FredD%s's Photo

Don't think Pep will have to take a year off to go to Man Utd...

• Liampie%s's Photo
    I'm not going to discuss with you again about Sneijder and others. Even if they're past their prime, they're still class. Ronaldo is past his prime too, that makes him shit!!!!!!!

- I wasn't talking about Blind?

- Vlaar may not always be an excellent defender, but he was one of the best defenders in the World Cup. Him and De Vrij. De Vrij has apparantly only improved since, at Lazio.
  • FredD%s's Photo

Ronaldo is way a class higher than Sneijder and co...

- Well, Blind didn't help either. If you want to go up again, it has to be with another coach. Blind is not capable for the job.

- Vlaar one of the best? What did you eat?! De Vrij is pure mediocrity, Lazio is not a big club either. Only reason Van Gaal wanted him at Man Utd is because he's Dutch. Lazio is De vrij's top. Maybe I see it wrong, we'll see in a few years.  

• Liampie%s's Photo
    FredD, when it comes to football you're just an idiot. :p
  • Louis!%s's Photo

The dutch football team were easily one of the best before this qualifying campaign.

I would have said Netherlands, Wales and Belgium were best in Europe.

• FredD%s's Photo

FredD, when it comes to football you're just an idiot. :p

They weren't really good at the WC either, not as good as the cups before. Van Gaal played 3-5-2/5-3-2 (whatever you want to call it) because there was a lack of quality. He managed to get a mediocre squoad performing really good. I think most Dutchmen overrate their squad and if so I think they will get another fail at the WC in 2018.

Louis: Netherlands, Wales, Belgium? I think you overrate the first two and forgot Germany :p And I see a lot of potential in the French squad, possible EC winners if they get their talents to play together as a team. 

• Louis!%s's Photo

I simply just forgot about Germany because they are the very best lol

• Roomie%s's Photo
    Turns out Chelsea can play. Where were these players earlier the season?
  • FredD%s's Photo

Turns out Chelsea can play. Where were these players earlier the season?

Playing to get Jose out, I can understand them... 

• Roomie%s's Photo
    Should have checked your team this week Stoksy :p
    Tough week with only half the teams playing but a great week to play the wildcard.
  • Stoksy%s's Photo

Dammit, hahaha. Did not realise at all :/

I was catching up as well...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading