General Chat / UK Fantasy Football (Soccer)

• Roomie%s's Photo
    not sure I'll do too well anyway. had to play a wild card to make the changes. may hamstring me next week though. Must mean some of the teams in the cup this week will play twice in a later week.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    This rounds with postponed matches are so miserable for me. I'm slowly sliding down the ranking list... Reorganised my team a bit, fingers crossed I can still figure out a way up...
  • Louis!%s's Photo

Had to use my wildcard to re-organise for this week. Still not an ideal week, but better than having players not earning anything.

I tried to do it so it makes no difference for the following few weeks too, but we'll see.

I was in 2nd for a while but have been slipping, maybe this week with Stoksy's error will put me back in the game.

• Louis!%s's Photo

I've just overtaken Roomie at the top of the leaderboard by 2 points.

How this has happened I do not know. But I will celebrate the fact that I have finally knocked him down from the top spot he has held for so long.

Will be interesting though, we both have Ozil to be subbed in, and both have players waiting for points in the Everton v Palace game. Could swap back round at the end of the week.

• Roomie%s's Photo

I saw... I was angry... i punched a door. :p

I still have Coleman to go. We both have Lukaku. So if Everton keep a clean sheet i go top. If they don't and he doesn't get a yellow we get joint top :p

• Louis!%s's Photo

Lukaku is my Captain though, so I'll get double points for him.

I was content in second, it was inevitable that you would win, but to see myself in the top position for however long it may be makes me happy lol

• Liampie%s's Photo
    I've settled in the subtop, have been fourth for while now (am I Arsenal?). #5 may catch up with me but I'm quite happy with my team.
  • Roomie%s's Photo

I also have Lukaku as captain though Louis. so we'll get the same number of points there. 

• Louis!%s's Photo

Yes, it really is true guys. I have topped the league for the week and desperately upset Roomie to the point where he desperately wanted to fuck me, fuck loopy and just hug.

• Roomie%s's Photo

I was so drunk...... so so drunk....

• Stoksy%s's Photo

Gg everyone. Gratz Louis, unfortunately couldn't quite crack 2,000 pts (goddamit Smalling). Just pipped Roomie right at the end to grab 2nd. Great competition this year! :D

• Liampie%s's Photo
    I really really fucked up the last 1-2 months, some bad calls, definitely bad luck, and a few times I was too late to change the squad and I ended up with a bad team for that week... Didn't even get around to use two my three power thingies. I didn't count on it, but I got my fourth place back thanks to this somehow great last week. This season could've been a lot more, but in the end I'm pretty happy with fourth.

Let's do it again next year, I've really enjoyed this fantasy football thing even though the idea always seemed super stupid to me.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Is it deffo confirmed that the season is finished? Not sure what was happening with the cancelled United game.

I think Roomie gave up after I stayed in first lol bet he's quite annoyed that you beat him to 2nd too lmao

So happy I won though, first time I've actually properly done one of these and had a disastrous start to the season.

Bring on next season!
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    The canceled game was played yesterday I think?
  • Stoksy%s's Photo

Yep, United and Bournemouth points went up by the time I posted.

• Roomie%s's Photo

Premier-League-Logo.jpg

And we are back.... already. Doesn't time fly.

This time with an all new garish colour scheme.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com

The league kicks off in a little under a months time but the website is up already.

For those who took part last year the new Element League should auto re-join

For newbies and those with different accounts this is the league code for the new element cup

Code to join this league: 227011-72380

It's free to enter and it works entirely differently to the US fantasy football i believe. The rules are fairly simple (although there's a few of them) Basically pick the best team of 11 + 4 Subs you can for 100 million and score points based on how they do in games. For example 4 points per goal for a striker, 5 for midfield and 6 for defender. There are also points for assists and man of the match. Players lose points for Yellow and Red cards or own goals.

The rules allow one Transfer in and out of the team per week so injuries can be accounted for.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Surprised you're still wanting to do it Roomie ;) or are you looking to reclaim your title? :p

• Roomie%s's Photo

Did i ever have it? i forget. Loopy normally wins. You won last year. did i win the year before?

• Version1%s's Photo

As I will be able to actually watch some Premier League this year, I will probably join.

• Louis!%s's Photo

I thought you won every year Roomie lol you definately won last year, and I only managed to steal the top spot from you in the last couple of weeks.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading