General Chat / X2: X-Men United

• Tyler%s's Photo
    I saw this film last night at the 9:30 PM showing, even though I had finals today (...). I thought it was very good, way better than the original (although I did enjoy the first). The special effects were amazing, except for some rough spots here and there, like every film now-a-days. The acting was superb! Who can beat Sir Ian McKellen as Magneto? Hugh Jackman as Wolverine? Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler? Brian Cox as Stryker! Great casting, plus Storm lost that retarded accent she had last time around. Other improvements include storyline, musical score (awesomeness!), and more action! It all seemed to flow quite well, plus some awesome fight scenes (quite Matrix-esque, except it has a different style... or something). Plus, the script is clever. See it now!

"If you hated the first one, you'll love this one!"

Matrix Reloaded next week! Woohoo!
  • aero21%s's Photo
    I really didn't enjoy the first one, but X2 is definately my favorit superhero movie. The story was very well written, except for the confusion with Wolverine and finding his past. Overall though i really enjoyed it and found myself very in to it by the end. Definately left me wanting more, Which we are obviously going to get. ;)
  • Foltzanator%s's Photo
    Oh yeah Ty, I did the same thing 9:55 show with finals this morning, ah well. A great movie, loved it and I cannot wait for the next one, especially with the set up for _________ at the end..........
  • HeArTlInEtWiStEr%s's Photo
    I enjoyed the movie. The acting was great and the fight scenes were awesome. The one thing I wish that would have happened differently in this movie is the part where the school is invaded. I hoped that there would be a little bit more to that than just Wolverine doing some slicing and dicing and a few mutant cameos, I thought it would be some big cool long fight but it wasn't. I loved the first scene though, it was cool.

HT
  • natelox%s's Photo
    i haven't seen it, but, it was filmed in Vancouver (home) and a girl at my school played a minor roll in the film. Just to let u know...
  • Outlaw%s's Photo
    Is she hott? haha...jk What part is she in?
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo
    yep, theres definatly going to be a sequel again.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    I thought that it was a really good movie in general. The best part of it though was the Matrix preview and The Hulk preview.
  • Tyler%s's Photo
    Hooked On Phoenix worked for me!
  • HeArTlInEtWiStEr%s's Photo
    I have one question. At the end, is that a reflection of Jean in the lake(for those that have seen the movie know what I am talking about I hope.....)

HT
  • Chesire%s's Photo
    It is Phoenix...or maybe 'tis Dark Phoenix :::dun dun DUN!!!::: Yup, the 3rd movie shall be great.
  • Foltzanator%s's Photo
    I was trying to be nice and not say............
  • Chesire%s's Photo
    It's fun ruining the surprise... :lol:
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

Who cares if someone says what happens, that ending was the biggest cocktease in the history of moviemaking...

I am a HUGE X-Man fan (mostoly from the early books) and I almost creamed when I saw that...

Raven-SDI
    §
  • Chesire%s's Photo
    /\ LOL I almost got a boner when I first saw the fire in Jean's eyes (While reading Nightcrawler's mind...or another part)...Being able to see Phoenix in the future movie will be foreskin-tastic!
  • jhoffa%s's Photo
    hukd un funikz wurkd fer me
  • mantis%s's Photo
    But where did the Alien Entity that's supposed to form Phoenix with JG come from? Oh well, I guess it'll all be explained next movie.

Whitehouse Scene. Sure, the Twins will kick the phasing shit out of Nightcrawler, but I can't deny the brilliance of that scene.

Basically, a fantastic film. I liked the first one (in contrast to most of my friends), but this one was so much better. Magneto's escape was my favourite part.

But you can probably guess who my favourite character is Posted Image
  • DÃœKE%s's Photo
    Okay someone explain this Pheonix thingie.

Im only familiar with the mutants from the show that used ot be on Fox, the new ones I have no idea about. What's happening with Arch Angel, I always liked that one.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Archangel appeared in Cerebro at one point, and I think one of the x-rays at alkali lake was of his wing.

Anyway, I don't know much about the whole Phoenix thing, only that Jean Grey joined with an alien entity to become this super powerful phoenix which turned dark or something.
  • DÃœKE%s's Photo
    Oh I just saw a capture from the show, I remeber the Dark Pheonix thing, I had no idea what was going on when I first saw it, it was about the time I stopped watching X-Men. Anyway, it sounds pretty good. I really want to see X2.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading