Related Games / Theme Parkitect, new RCT-based game

• RRP%s's Photo
    Not the greatest quality,threw it together in a few minutes. Hope this shows a little bit though of how the game currently stands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR6ZEEUeK4s
  • Lotte%s's Photo

I really like the way coasters are in parkitect, they flow very nicely. the basic aesthetics of game are less appealing though, I never really was a fan of cartoonish 3D games

• Louis!%s's Photo

I'm in love with this game.

Log flume boats seem a bit chunky, especially in the turns, perhaps could do with rescaling ever so slightly. Not that that is probably valuable feedback, and not that the developers will see anything here lol

Do you know if they have any interest in visiting other places outside of shyguysworld?

• RRP%s's Photo

I'm in love with this game.

Log flume boats seem a bit chunky, especially in the turns, perhaps could do with rescaling ever so slightly. Not that that is probably valuable feedback, and not that the developers will see anything here lol

Do you know if they have any interest in visiting other places outside of shyguysworld?

Sebastian (the coder) knows about this thread.He did say a few months back that he would consider signing up for feedback from here in the future (they know about NE). Whether or not that happens i am not sure. Easiest way to reach him is probably on shyguyworld forums or directly through their developer site.
  • Lotte%s's Photo

that's a great attitude that they're listening to every part of the rollercoaster simulator community. is there a list somewhere of rides that already exist in the game?

• RRP%s's Photo

that's a great attitude that they're listening to every part of the rollercoaster simulator community. is there a list somewhere of rides that already exist in the game?

jJuodff.jpg

Gravitron and Pretzel stall also so far

• Louis!%s's Photo

Sebastian (the coder) knows about this thread.He did say a few months back that he would consider signing up for feedback from here in the future (they know about NE).

They are welcome to have a dedicated sub-forum here if they wish. I don't see it being a problem with the other (active) admins, and if it is, fuck them cause I'm loving this game, and I'm sure there are plenty of people here that would be happy to give ideas and suggestions and what not.

• 5dave%s's Photo
    Are there going to be shadows or is the look planned that way?

"MFG"
  • Dirk Pitt%s's Photo
    I think the log flume logs are way overscaled. It looks like they have no room on the sides to turn and the width of the logs is as wide as the flume itself while in RL it isn't so.
  • RRP%s's Photo

They are welcome to have a dedicated sub-forum here if they wish. I don't see it being a problem with the other (active) admins, and if it is, fuck them cause I'm loving this game, and I'm sure there are plenty of people here that would be happy to give ideas and suggestions and what not.

@Dirk Pitt (also) :

I will mention it to them,but it is not upto me. Im just a fan also. Judging by what ive seen there is still loads to do,so maybe large scale feedback/finer detail nitpicking is better at early access stage? Just speculating really...

Would be cool to have them active here,but i understand there are only so many hours in a day whilst trying to progress.

Are there going to be shadows or is the look planned that way?

"MFG"

There were full,crisp realtime shadow in the early version of the pre-alpha,also a tilt shift camera effect. Since changing to unity 5 they've had some issues with the shadows being blurred. But i believe there are plans to improve them again at a later date. Theyve also changed to deferred shading meaning lights (you can see lights on the wild mouse coaster in the vid i posted). Im not sure if this also had an effect on shadows.

Has anyone mentioned that it would be great if Log flumes could be sunk into the water? That was always needlessly difficult in RCT3 and really enhances the aesthetic properties and the realism of the log flumes.

You can do that already.Bit glitchy but hopefully it gets cleaned up and stays in game.
    W3YxtFu.jpg

Yep, would like to keep it (also sinking it into the ground). Cleaning up this glitch is a bit of a fight against some Unity limitations...leaving it like that for now in the hope that it'll be easier to fix in the future.

Agreed,glitch is better than removing the feature with clearances. Could you set something like a clipping mask for the flume ride water? So the pool water would still be there but invisible?

Yep, that's how it's supposed to work
    In 3D graphics shaders this clipping can be done using the "stencil buffer". Remember that devlog a couple weeks ago with the lights screenshot, where I talked about switching to deferred shading? Well, the stencil buffer currently doesn't work in combination with deferred shading.
    The problem is I'm not entirely sure whether that's just a bug in Unity, or something they simply haven't implemented yet (since deferred shading is still very new, it has just been added in Unity 5) - or whether it's really not supposed to work and never will (in which case I'd have to come up with my own solution to work around this. Should be doable, but takes more time to do and performance would probably be worse than if I'm able to use the stencil buffer).
    From a couple posts of Unity staff members on their forums it sounds as if it might become usable in the future, so I'll wait for now as that'd be clearly the best solution.

• Stoksy%s's Photo

Agree with a number of the above comments; everything just looks so smooth! Hopefully the flume boats can be downsized a little though.

• RRP%s's Photo

Update 46

I’ve spent this week almost entirely on taking a closer look at the biggest performance bottlenecks. Results:

up to 15 FPS increase in some places of our test park on my machine
    ~80% faster load times for the test park
    got rid off some noticeable lag when building/removing track segments, was especially crazy when demolishing an entire coaster
    identified 2-3 other things that could result in an improvement

These were the low-hanging fruit at the moment.

We started working on scenery structures. Nothing there to show yet really, we’re just experimenting at this point to figure out how they’re supposed to work.

And we’ve added Umbrellas:
    tumblr_inline_nosu8bt6ZM1si3zx7_250.png

(Yes, the shops colors don’t match yet.)

• RRP%s's Photo

@Louis

Hey!

Regarding the log flume cars, I saw the discussion on NE, and we scaled them down a bit:
    There's still not a lot of room, but most log flumes I've seen are really narrow - the one you posted on shyguys looks unusually wide to me :)

Regarding NE - I've registered an account a while ago, but it doesn't get validated by the admins, so I can't post. Is there anything special I need to do, or does it just take some time?

• Six Frags%s's Photo

Hey rrp, love to see your updates on this, I'm very interested in this project and have a lot of confidence we could finally get a worthy successor to RCT!

Maybe I've missed it, but are they going to allow custom objects into the game at some point? I understand they are currently only working out the basics, but I think a game like this to have longevity should have custom objects import options.

Keep us updated :p

• RRP%s's Photo

Hey rrp, love to see your updates on this, I'm very interested in this project and have a lot of confidence we could finally get a worthy successor to RCT!

Maybe I've missed it, but are they going to allow custom objects into the game at some point? I understand they are currently only working out the basics, but I think a game like this to have longevity should have custom objects import options.

Keep us updated :p

The plan is to allow custom content in the end i believe. They've also stated previously that due to how the coaster builder is created,you might be able to import coasters built in other games (e.g NL) directly into the engine in the end.

Now im no coder,so have no idea how exactly the coaster builder is written. Maybe seb can answer this when his account is active. But i think it is spline based with predefined sections (kinda like NLs prefabs) so in theory you could import/build anything.

Likewise in regards to the worthy successor

• RRP%s's Photo

There's a bit of discussion on shyguys forums about block brake sensors. So in theory you could set a block section exit without a dummy brake. Primarily this would be useful for water rides,which don't have brakes but could be expanded to coasters aswell i guess. Does anyone want to chip in regarding this?

• Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

Hey!
    Regarding the log flume cars, I saw the discussion on NE, and we scaled them down a bit:
    http://puu.sh/hXpLI/d049e610f5.png
    There's still not a lot of room, but most log flumes I've seen are really narrow - the one you posted on shyguys looks unusually wide to me :)

That picture does look much better than the current log flume, could you provide a video of the new log fume as it goes around the track RRP? From the picture though, I must say that it's an improvement!
  • RRP%s's Photo

That picture does look much better than the current log flume, could you provide a video of the new log fume as it goes around the track RRP? From the picture though, I must say that it's an improvement!

I don't have a copy of the most recent build unfortunately.Still playing the same pre pre alpha version 2 from the video in this thread. If they do send me another copy to test, I may not be allowed to post about it until it becomes the official version either (same with the previous/current version - pre pre alpha 2). We've not really discussed it yet.

We did speak a bit today however

Performance-wise I found a nasty problem in Unity that makes the guests more expensive than they should be right now. Hopefully that'll be fixed soon.
    Apart from that...been working on coasters this week. Had to change some stuff how they're stored in savegames, so they don't properly load right now. Will have to do something about that, as I'd like to continue using the park you created for tests.

So i assume the current dev build might be a bit broken gameplay wise at the minute.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Tell them I'll get their account sorted ASAP. Just behind with approvals cause of h2h.

Should be sorted tomorrow :)

The log flume looks much better now, really impressed they took on board our feedbaxk
  • Version1%s's Photo

Hey!
    http://puu.sh/hXpLI/d049e610f5.png

As fan of realism I can't fully agree to the 4 man boats.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading