Related Games / Theme Parkitect, new RCT-based game

• RRP%s's Photo

I've been a fan of the game and following it from the beginning, but seeing it now is just so lovely, much better than I thought it would be.

I have no issues whatsoever implementing this game into NE if it becomes as popular as it should, it just reminds me of LL, just pure charm.

Im looking forward to seeing how far it develops in the future.The base seems good,will be awesome to see if it expands as far as RCT has over the years.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    I'm just afraid the game will have bad performance once it expands to the point where people build good-looking parks, because it won't be optimized for that.
    But then again computers also get better so maybe it won't be a problem after all.

"MFG"
  • RRP%s's Photo

I'm just afraid the game will have bad performance once it expands to the point where people build good-looking parks, because it won't be optimized for that.
    But then again computers also get better so maybe it won't be a problem after all.

"MFG"

Biggest FPS drop is from peeps at the minute.Think they will be doing levels of detail for peeps in the future though.No need for high detail peeps when zoomed out really.
    Theres graphics options already in game for low specs,can turn off all the dynamic stuff and replace procedurally generated stuff like supports with RCT style basic supports.
  • Lotte%s's Photo

looks like a really fun game to play, maybe not the same possibilities we have with CSO or even LL with codex but still a good game nevertheless. in what way are you involved in this RRP? you seem to have quite a bit of contact with the devs

• RRP%s's Photo

looks like a really fun game to play, maybe not the same possibilities we have with CSO or even LL with codex but still a good game nevertheless. in what way are you involved in this RRP? you seem to have quite a bit of contact with the devs

Ive been offering suggestions for a while and helped bug/play test the most recent pre-pre alpha build with the mini screeshot park.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Will this game be Mac OSX compatible?
  • RCTER2%s's Photo

Will this game has cso or mod?

• RRP%s's Photo

Will this game be Mac OSX compatible?

Will this game has cso or mod?

http://themeparkitect.tumblr.com/FAQ
  • Roomie%s's Photo

Tell you what. these guys implement things quickly. Only suggested the timing thing for racing coasters 2 days ago. And they've implemented something for it.

3e8d685a4a.png

• RRP%s's Photo
    Look like a nice little feature roomie.Perfectly timed duels should be much easier than in RCT.
    I prefer these visual solutions to the RCT ride graphs.

Theres now a gforce/airtime/velocity overlay for tracks. And individual car time and velocity marker.

edit: a little parting gift before i go on holiday.Little screen i took from a early version of the pre-pre alpha

5OcjY9i.jpg
  • Roomie%s's Photo

Nice pic. Are corkscrews / loops etc only available on the 90 degree angles like RCT? I get the feeling they aren't but I cant find why I think that.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Will they implement queues that are the same pathing type as normal paths? And flat ride bases, will they always be the same?

• Rofl%s's Photo

Just saw a video of real gameplay, maybe anyone wanted to see it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVJtNM3G2cw

• RCTER2%s's Photo

This coaster looks really good.

• RRP%s's Photo
    Still abroad sorry for not replying sooner.loops/corkscrews can be built on 90&45 degs.you can also build custom shaped corkscrews on 90degs using 90deg sloped turn + custom banking.hopefully also 45 to 45 sloped turns in the future meaning 90deg entry,45deg exit etc.theyre in game (90deg sloped turns starting on 45deg,also 45deg sloped turns starting on 90&45)they just don't line up properly so might not be in final game.fingers crossed.

3 path types currently.normal,staff only and queue.only 2 path textures currently and 2 queue textures.queues are fully colourable via rgb picker.will mention queue textures when I get home on sat.bases also.

When I'm back,will upload gameplay vid of screenshot park
  • RRP%s's Photo

Update 45

Bit of a smaller update this week.So far we only had randomly generated guests. This week I worked on a tool that lets us predefine guests with a certain name/look/traits. We’ll need this to fulfill our $50/$150/$200 Kickstarter tier rewards. We added a notification bar that’ll keep you informed of important activities inside the park that need your attention. It works pretty much as you would expect - if you receive a notification the notification bar slides down a bit to reveal the notification, then after a couple of seconds it slides back up again to take up as little space as possible.

iewD5MJ.jpg

You can manually expand it to see the last couple messages.

L9DpEks.jpg

Garret defined some UI style guidelines, so we started cleaning up some of the existing windows a bit.
    And we finally got the graphics for wider paths working:

kyc0K3q.jpg

• RCTER2%s's Photo

That message bar is exactly the same as the one in rct3.

• Rofl%s's Photo

I really dislike the message bar in rct3, so I hope it will be configurable.

• G Force%s's Photo
    The whole RCT3 interface makes me want to vomit. I've liked what I've seen from this so far, but there is always room for improvement, especially in a game like this.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

That message bar is exactly the same as the one in rct3.

Except this isn't RCT3, which is why this is infinitely better.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading