H2H7 / H2H7 Sign-Ups

• Stoksy%s's Photo

I'm more than happy to trust you here Louis, although I can definitely understand the points made by Steve and ][ntamin. If this has already been cleared by all the captains then I certainly don't have a problem with supporting your participation 100%.

• SSSammy%s's Photo

Do we want good parks: 100%

does louis make good parks: 100%

could louis cheat: 90%

is louis going to cheat: 0%

• Xeccah%s's Photo

i could only understand the problem with louis playing if he was captaining and refereeing at the same time

• turbin3%s's Photo

Okay, I'll sign up. RCT2, Player, (N-)CSO.

In March I will not have much time, but from the beginning of April up tp July I will have very much time.

Just remember, that I haven't played the game for nearly one year.

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    Cutting it close there ;)
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    We'll have 3 other admins in the contest. I think Louis should not really have a need to see their team forums. Got to trust the people in charge. If he cannot see half the teams fourms he's not all-knowing of what's going on. I think that would be a good compromise.
  • trav%s's Photo

Dammit Turbin3, now I gotta change my spreadsheet again

• FK+Coastermind%s's Photo

I'm confused, Louis, are you wanting to sign up and participate, or are we all getting worked up over a hypothetical?

Personally, its not a matter of trusting you or not, its a matter of, the contest needs someone who isn't involved to take care of it. Whether in reality or simply hypothetically, there has to be someone with no actual ties to any of the teams. 

I'm mainly thinking, if you are involved, then at some point you are GOING to make an unpopular decision, if not a number, and someone is GOING to bring up the fact that you are involved, and thus of course your choice was just to benefit your team. Not a matter of whether it was or not, simply the idea is enough to poison some interactions down the road.

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    We've discussed the pros and cons of that, and think its more unfair. If the admin captains draft the admin players, in any combination, Louis then has access to all but one forum, which seems like an unfair advantage for that team. Any dishonesty on Lou's part will be obvious, and we would rather keep any obvious unfairness out of the competition.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo

If you're going to look at it that way guys, the choosing of the captains could've been a competitive advantage for the captains on the admin team too by eliminating some 'stronger' captains. I'm 100% sure they didn't look at it that way tho, so I'm also 100% sure Louis wouldn't take advantage of his admin rights.

Oh, and btw, can itm and Liampie also see the team forums as admins?

• Milo%s's Photo

NO! Louis! is a cheater and I demand my pound of flesh.a;oihfdoahgqhugevf ;gkhl

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    Liam and I can only see our own team forums.
  • Coasterbill%s's Photo

I know I said this already but STOP TAKING THE GAME SO FUCKING SERIOUSLY.

I don't think Louis would cheat anyway, but this isn't chess. If you make the better park, you win. If you don't, you lose. I guess the thing about Louis knowing about another team dropping out ahead of time is sort of valid but who really cares? Plus... he won't do that, he's Louis. There's no reason not to trust him, and he can cheat all day if he wants (which he won't) and it won't do a damn bit of good if you just keep churning out awesome parks.

I'll try my best to help my team win but I'm more interested in having a ton of awesome parks to look at than winning. I don't want to alienate someone who's been a great member of the community for years because I'm taking a 15 year old computer game too seriously and all I care about is winning even if it means insulting someone who's never given any indication that they would cheat by telling them that you can't trust them because you're obsessed with winning a stupid contest that's supposed to be about having fun.

I don't meant to call anyone out, that's just the way I feel. Louis is great at the game, and I want him to play because I want to see what he can build.

If you were Louis, how would this discussion make you feel? Because I'd be pretty pissed and to be honest a little hurt.

• Six Frags%s's Photo

a stupid contest

Oh my...

• Louis!%s's Photo

THAT'S IT NOBODY DRAFT COASTERBILL

:p

• SSSammy%s's Photo

how dare you call this institution stupid. never have i seen such insolence 

• Lotte%s's Photo

i suggest we get rid of the heretics

• wheres_walto%s's Photo

Banned for life

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

Haha... oh shit . Forgive me... I know not what I say. lol

• Version1%s's Photo

Okay, you can officially take me off the replacement list. I never really thought I was good enough for this contest anyways and with all the old players returning not even my mere presence was needed. As I have no intentions to jump into such a contest in the middle of it I will withdraw my sign up and focus on personal projects.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading