Contests / NEDC 2015 Announcement

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Just out of curiosity --> since I'm originally from reddit, and I was kind of excited about the idea of a design contest on NE... why doesn't NE hold monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly contests like they do on reddit? Or would you rather have more landmark contest like micro madness and H2H etc? 

• Liampie%s's Photo
    We have something like that already, and it's called 'win an accolade'. If we have something special every month it won't be special. Interest will dwindle and within two years NE is dead. We have at least one special contest per year though. Some small (NEDC1 and 2), some big (H2H, PT4 though the main round was canceled).

Gotchya, thanks!

• Corkscrewy%s's Photo

oh son of a bitch. I knew I shouldn't have stayed away from this site for so long..i'm sure its entirely too late to sign up for this..

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Still open!  Can't wait to see what you do with Dynamite Blaster.

• wheres_walto%s's Photo

Not due for a year? Sign me up 

• Corkscrewy%s's Photo

................now that I've had time to really look at this park where as before I was afraid I missed the boat so I quick signed up...I must say I am heartbroken.. but counterpoint.. my tummy is full of delicious muffins. so really I can't complain.

But in all honesty I would love another NEDC contest like this where we have a prebuilt layout to play with

nicely done

• csw%s's Photo
    Nothing's stopping you from building on Dynamite Blaster anyways.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    I'm at about 40% completion on "Timmy's Muffin Mountain Adventure".
  • Lotte%s's Photo

guys i'm working on an entry as well? should i stream it? i don't want to reveal anything just yet and the fondant isn't going to be that much fun to watch as i'm putting it on

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

2.5 months until the deadline people

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Attached File  NEDC3.png (70.21KB)
    downloads: 1

Important annoncement regarding NEDC3[/b

The deadline has been postponed to april 1st 2017

• Scoop%s's Photo

2017? Also I know its wayyyyyyy past the deadline but is there anyway I can slip through?

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Attached File  NEDC3.png (70.21KB)
    downloads: 1Attached File  NEDC3.png (70.21KB)
    downloads: 1

Important annoncement regarding NEDC3[/b

The deadline has been postponed to april 1st 2017

goddamit

• csw%s's Photo

Well, my entry's done...hopefully I don't forget to submit in 15 months!

I ate my entry. It was delicious! Maybe I'll whip up another batch of entries.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    As you may have heard, the deadline has been extended with one year. Happy baking!
  • GammaZero%s's Photo
    Goddammit
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

NEDC3 logo

NEDC 3: WINNERS ANNOUNCED
    The New Element Design Challenge [2015 Edition], or NEDC3, has clearly been one of the most successful contests in New Element history. No event has elicited such passion, such creativity, such wonderful taste sensations, as this contest. It has been second only to PT3 in both magnitude and total entries received. We know everyone has been going absolutely mad awaiting the results since the deadline on Mar. 31st, and we are incredibly excited to announce the winners here in a truly star-studded Top 3.

In THIRD PLACE,
    Dynamite Dunes by Stoksy!
    The lack of the required NEDC coaster on this map really held it back, but the quality of work so impressed everyone in the community that it carried through for a strong 3rd regardless.

In SECOND PLACE, an old favorite
    Liam's Food Blog by Liampie!
    With an unparalleled creative vision and maybe a little bit of bribery, Liam has won his way into a podium finish with yet another blend of mayonnaise, instant mashed potatoes, and a balding parrot. Definitely a must-see.

And your winner, in FIRST PLACE!
    Timmy's Muffin Mountain Adventure by ][22
    ffs guys nobody else even entered enjoy the jokepark

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading