• Otsdarva
    • alex
    • Wanted
    • Zaiush
    Percentage of vote: 74.03%
  • csw%s's Photo

But who did the parts around the edge? 

• Cocoa%s's Photo

btw, I just want to say that I notice new details literally every time I open tenochtitlan. Its really amazing. seriously great work

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

i don't think hyperdetailing is overrated, it's just really difficult to get right so it often goes wrong.

Hyper detailing IS overrated. :D

IMO the perfect amount of detail is what pacificoaster achieved in DAW and then Starpointe. It's detailed, clean, and engaging and never messy and unnecessary. I wouldn't call that hyper detailing - I would call it appropriate detailing. A lot of PoE was the latter which is why there was so much criticism.

I also wouldn't call Tenochtitlan a macro park - it was chock full of detail, but just not architecturally. Those ships, the market, the camp tents and the supplies, etc. There was definitely a lot of detail. But literally anything can be considered macro in comparison to PoE. :p

Major kudos to Tolsimir - I was never familiar with your work but those ships won me over. Pure brilliance. And the fact that those were the first things you've built after a two year hiatus... Wow.
  • Seb%s's Photo

Finally I found the time to give a decent reaction to this match so...

I have to say that seeing Port of Entry was done by only one person is really impressive especially done as a round one park. But the amount of detail is so much that the buildings even completely different in basic shape started to look like each other because of all the layering. The park became a giant disco sometimes when peeps walked through the buildings. Also the pathing was quite confusing to me because of all the different path types. I did like the compass though. Rides were nice, the launch on flyer looks original and the rapids were nice to look at, although the tip of the crane was floating. A great park after all, but again the detail was too much for me.

Tenochtitlan was great because of all the content it had to offer. The theme is original, especially how it was excecuted and there is always something new to discover. The pyramids actually looked fine to me, there's enough detail and colour integrated to keep them interesting. The biggest standout for me however was the simpleness of the pathing. Not a criss-cross of diagonals, rounded edges and cracks, but simple, clean and straight. Oh, and of course the boats, markets and activity on the water.

So anyway, my vote was for the Heavens Atlas. Great parks everyone!

Gr. Seb

• Cocoa%s's Photo

I actually disagree that the architecture in tenochtitlan was macro, the more I really look at it, the more detailed and atmospheric it all looks. Its brilliant work, really

• Levis%s's Photo

-Market in front of pyramids. Thanks to Levis for the roaming turkeys :)

huh?

• Tolsimir%s's Photo
    I mean your tutorial for the boat hire bikes
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    flashback friday
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

man, if opengl drawing engine was around in 2015 POE would have been a lot better seen tbh, since there's no twitching. 

that,  or if i actually had an idea what the fuck i was building before i actually built it. i remember getting an average of 3 hours a night working on this, going to school half-asleep my senior year of high school.... memories.

• Six Frags%s's Photo

or if i actually had an idea what the fuck i was building before i actually built it.

Yeah, that would've been nice, especially for your co-builders as well ;) :p

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading