RCT Discussion / LL vs RCT2 debate

Select the answer that applies to you most

Select the answer that applies to you most

Which game do you like most?

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

So, to wit:

Manet paints a gondolier, and then Renoit also paints a gondolier.  One of them uses bigger brushtrokes and a narrower color palette to paint the same image, but they're both pretty effective representations and they both convey a sense of atmosphere and a distinctive character of the place they're trying to recreate for us.

sQ9xgOJ.jpg

This is how I see the two games at NE.  Nobody's making photorealistic art here, much though we have increasingly valued "realism" in parks.  We can debate which painting is better based on any number of subjective criteria, but w're probably going to ask "which one feels more like a gondola/venice scene" or "which artist more successfully conveys their message."  

Maybe you think the busy background in Manet's distracts from the featureless gondolier and draws attention away.  

Maybe you think Renoit's inclusion of some visible passengers adds life to his scene.  

Maybe you like the lighting, colors, or composition better in one or the other, but ultimately the fact that one might be blockier or less "detailed" is only one factor in how well they each sell their scene.

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Nice explanation. I'm voting for the one on the right, the left one keeps error trapping
  • Louis!%s's Photo

fuck this shit

• ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo

28 year old messi >>>> 38 year old messi. RCT2 >>>> LL. Its just natural progression. 

That's all I care to say about this subject...

• Louis!%s's Photo
    By that logic RCT4M is the best thing in the world.

BRB spending 30mins and £300 building the next NE spotlight
  • Maxwell%s's Photo

But you already built Disney's Magical Kingdom. :D

No... Louis I think you misunderstood... I meant 28 year old messi is better than 38 year old messi ... Meaning 38 year old messi is (LL) Its kind of a shame... but the newer members to this site including myself can't appreciate what it was like 4-8 years ago. when these amazing LL parks where coming out. 

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    Louis for Impressionist Painter of the Century
    "If you squint it looks like a Disney spotlight"
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    So you're saying 2004 NE is better than 2015 NE?

Emm no you must have misunderstood.... If you read my post carefully, You'd surely have got it. I am saying things that are newer tend to be better. excluding everything post sawyer rct2, Im saying mohammed ali was better when he was 25 rather than 35.... rct2 is younger than LL... Do you get it now ?!?!?

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    So 11 year old Mohammed Ali is even better right

Now your just being ridiculous...... I understand why because you LLove LL... The fact of the matter is everything has its peak... and well LL's peak ended a few years ago.

• Maxwell%s's Photo

Okay, so hear me out on this.

11 = LL

11 + LLove LL = LLove TTriangle

illuminati confirmed.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

It depends on how you look at things.  LL's peak userbase is long since gone, but the peak of what you can do in LL is still an open question since the release of Codex.  

My point in the silly counter-arguments is that younger or newer don't automatically mean better, so we need to find a new way to define "better."  Does RCT2 offer more creative freedom, more ride types, smaller scenery?  Those are all ways you could approach the debate.  

• Cocoa%s's Photo

its not like LL players' skills have gone down because the game has older. Yes less play, but arguably the skill keeps increasing. A footballer's life is just not analogous.

PS I have always been curious how you got such a proper looking aerial for the that park Lou, what was it from??

• inthemanual%s's Photo

DMK's overview was stitched together from like 3 different Disney parks.

• G Force%s's Photo

Personally LL is more fun for me, its much less tedious because there are no tiny quarter or eight tile objects to deal with.  RCT2 has much more potential however, due to having less constraints.  Most LL stuff however I'm not a big fan of as its mostly unrealistic, where most RCT2 stuff now a days is realistic.

• Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

No... Louis I think you misunderstood... I meant 28 year old messi is better than 38 year old messi ... Meaning 38 year old messi is (LL) Its kind of a shame... but the newer members to this site including myself can't appreciate what it was like 4-8 years ago. when these amazing LL parks where coming out. 

No, Louis had it right. By your logic it would be RCTWorld >>> RCT3 >>> RCT2 >>> RCTLL. So we should be shitting out all those RCT3 parks because it's the youngest of the RCT genre and therefore is the best. Soon to be replaced with RCT World.

Also RCTLL at it's peak was near where NE was founded which was 10 years ago not 4-8. 4-8, RCT2 was solidly entrenched here. 

• Sephiroth%s's Photo

I just spent 30 mins typing a response and then lost it.

Well anyway. As someone who grew up playing each and every RCT game as it came out (until 3, at which point I lost faith in any new RCT content ever again), I can say that RCT2 is just aesthetically and functionally superior to LL in my opinion. There are many points I had typed out and don't want to retype at the moment haha. Maybe in the future.

• Roomie%s's Photo

RCT2 is just aesthetically and functionally superior to LL in my opinion. 

I'll just go and use my window mode and mountain tool. Be right back :p

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading