RCT Discussion / Top 5 RCT Coaster Designers of All Time

• Louis!%s's Photo

I swear people must just have totally different opinions to me on what makes a good layout.

• Austin55%s's Photo

Please elaborate, Louis.

• Austin55%s's Photo

Something I've wondered about (for realistic builders anyway) do ya'll consider coasters which accurately follow the conventions of a certain manufacturer, or coasters which somewhat follow those but where the RCT version has taken more creative liberties to be more unique? 

For example Louis's Goliath is something very grounded and could easily have been a recreation of what B&M would build, or something like Belgianguy's Inyoni that is more unique and out there, but stilll possible and realistic?

• inthemanual%s's Photo

You have question marks at the end of those sentences, but it's not clear what you're asking. Do you mean are creative layouts or re-creational ones considered better?

• Austin55%s's Photo

yeh. Not spot on recreations though, just rides that that could be. Again though, that question only pertains to folks who are fairly realistic.

• Coupon%s's Photo

Man, that hyper in there is phenomenal. As is the invert. And the woodie...

wow didnt know you liked blap robbie!

• Xeccah%s's Photo

RRP, Disneylhand, Geewhzz, Fatha, and Phatage are obviously the top 5 here. Though gotta say my fav arrow of all time is still valda marengo from isole calabria

• Lotte%s's Photo

Geewhzz, Cedarpoint6, louis, Pacificoaster, and Robbie are probably my favourite coaster designers out of those active at the moment. otherwise players like RRP, disneylandhand and phatage would probably be somewhere in that list. probably steve as well since i really dig the fenrir layout. not sure if i should include Kumba since kumba was a recreation

• RRP%s's Photo

Something I've wondered about (for realistic builders anyway) do ya'll consider coasters which accurately follow the conventions of a certain manufacturer, or coasters which somewhat follow those but where the RCT version has taken more creative liberties to be more unique? 

For example Louis's Goliath is something very grounded and could easily have been a recreation of what B&M would build, or something like Belgianguy's Inyoni that is more unique and out there, but stilll possible and realistic?

Ive always tried to judge things on plausibility (since realism is what i prefer).In terms of judging coasters. On ride experience (Does it deliver?,does it make sense?) > off-ride interaction (overall flow,how it works visually with surroundings,does it look 'good'?) > attention to detail
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    Its so hard to say because most people who are good at this game are also good at layouts, they sort of go hand in hand. I think youd struggle to find a spotlight winner whos bad at coasters.

Personally, i dig coasters with flow and interaction, screw realism. Theres some classics out there but im on mobile atm :p
  • Louis!%s's Photo

I think youd struggle to find a spotlight winner whos bad at coasters.

Liam

• Louis!%s's Photo

:p

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Hes not so bad! Haha just a bit dutch
  • Lotte%s's Photo

hey i take offense to that

Naarden>Bussum

• csw%s's Photo

I really am not a good judge for layout quality but the first name that jumped to my mind was RRP. 

Tags