• rct2isboss
    • lightkeeper
    • Tolsimir
    • Faas
    Percentage of vote: 84.78%
  • Liampie%s's Photo

post-10985-0-59536900-1428083604_thumb.p

Round 5 | Match 2

Attached Image: 193px_robberbarons.png VS Attached Image: 193px_hurricanes.png

Robber Barons - Morow World (RCT2)

2039.png

VS

Hurricanes - Star Wars (RCT2)

2038.png

How to vote:
    - This season we're back to using polls to count the votes. THE POLL WILL OPEN IN 24 HOURS.
    - Everyone but players belonging to either team in the match may vote.
    - You can only vote if you have viewed both parks in game.
    - Voting will be monitored and anyone found to be abusing votes in any way will be punished.

NEW RULE: next match will be posted in 24 hours, on the condition that the first match has at least 15 reviews of both parks. If not, the next match will be posted in 48 hours instead of 24.

• Version1%s's Photo

HURRICANES, TAKE ALL MY VOTES THIS IS THE BEST PARK EVER

I also can't open the other one.

• Xeccah%s's Photo

A lot of people are having trouble opening up Morrow World, but I got it to open. Short words for now.... though it's rushed and it lacks a full map load of content, what's there is fantastic. the negative space works for the theme, I suppose. 

• Version1%s's Photo

The Canes misstyped "Darth Sidious"

• Whitehawk%s's Photo
    I just found out who robs the robber barons.
  • djbrcace1234%s's Photo

Hurricanes: Well, Star Wars was pretty good. It's funny this came out today because I just finished watching episode 6 with one of my clients at work today, lol. loved the entrance area and the intro mural on the bottom. It's honestly hard to build coasters for this genre of movie, so I'll say despite the relatively nice look of all of them, it's the weak point. Very nice work.

Barons:  The patience it must have taken to perfect the imperfect foliage is appreciated. Sadly, that was my more heighten appreciation of the park. The coaster had a nice aesthetic, but after that, there's not much. ( I get that's the point.) I feel the "holy" area could have been more developed as a good contrasting desire that concept parks need. 

Good effort, but clearly one is better than the other.

• olddtfan51%s's Photo

Short Review Robber Barons your park lacked focus it seemed rushed and just thrown together. Hurricanes you nailed it. The layout is out of this world it will take some time for me to take it all in a fantastic job. 

• wheres_walto%s's Photo
    A park doesn't reach year 150 and get thrown together
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

barons: 

probably the best post-apocalyptic park I've seen yet. I loved the intro of the train scene, although (having not scene tomorrowland, which I'm guessing this is based off) I missed context, as I did through much of the park. But that doesn't take away the fantastic atmosphere and details everywhere. I spent ages exploring this park and seeing all it has to offer, from the underground facades (beautiful btw) to the camp, skyscrapers, and weird theme park thing. The landscaping was beautiful everywhere, and so interesting. I'm assuming the idea is that sand has filled everywhere, an idea which you worked brilliantly with like where they just finish the 4dimension coaster with wooden track. great idea. loved all the details in the theme park, although they got a bit murky in places perhaps (not sure what everything was). But things like the copied helter-skelter using scenery objects, the fjord fjarlane ride (go worlds of fun haha), no point naming them all because all the custom rides were really awesome, and the dome thing was awesome. (plus, I was there :) ) Also, the skyscrapers were pulled off damn well, and the music was epic

yeah absolutely barons did not look rushed, it is bursting with complicated detailing and stuff that would take ages. very clear to me that its a finished thing... if you look at open areas and then think a park must be unfinished, I don't know what to say to you

now I'm gonna go check out the canes

• Cocoa%s's Photo

alright canes:

holy shit guys, this may be my favorite park of the season. I'm not a star wars buff but I know enough and appreciate them and you guys absolutely hit the nail on the head, seriously spot on. Every one of the hundred or so spaceships or monsters or whatever were perfect. The architecture was ridiculous. The attention to details was amazing (entrance crawl, names on rides, stars on the path, etc). So much stuff to see in the park, all with an awesome music collection to boot. As a guest, I can easily imagine what an amazing park to visit this would be, the amount of interaction and movie nostalgia is incredible. You guys really hit every note that you needed to and did it with style. I can't give a long review because I don't have a single issue with the park, its just beautiful all around. 

This is possibly the best round yet, not sure. Certainly another in the line of similar themes against each other, which I'm totally happy with if we get more scifi parks.

• Casimir%s's Photo

For all of you who can't open Morrow World:

I needed these files that weren't included and didn't export properly.

SFCAB1

SFCAB2

SFDDBUS

SFTRAM

JASKYRDR

• wheres_walto%s's Photo
    Most of them are cars from olympic village by six frags
  • Version1%s's Photo

They are rides, so they should have been included in the download.

• Maxwell%s's Photo

I am a staff member in a park! I feel so loved now <3. :p

On a more serious note, I am actually left quite speechless from both of these parks, so I guess I don't know of what else to say other than damn, when I thought these parks couldn't get any better I am slapped right across the face and proved totally wrong. :D

• Kumba%s's Photo

Morow World - I loved the opening chase, it was really well done and fun to watch. The underground cutaways were both great as was the highway. The rides seemed sloppy (even for the theme) but that giant wheel was possibly the best I have ever seen and would blow minds in a realistic park. The bumper/thunder dome really really cool with all the peeps on top. This feels like a movie park, but I can't place it. Nice job whoring frozen staff to the point where you could use the names of everyone in H2H :p

Star Wars - This was meant for week 4, but too unfinished (even with the extension which I am now kicking myself for using!) to give us a chance to top a tough Laborers team that we expected to have a finished park. Our week 5 park was having issues too, so I made the swap in the hope that Star Wars could get finished and get us in the playoffs. If we didn't swap, we might have lost both weeks. Even with a few extra weeks we didn't quite get it to 100%, but it's really close.

Looking forward to feedback on both parks, but karma can be a bitch so I think soon I'll go back and review a few other parks I have not commented on yet.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

The file for Morow world has been updated. The needed objects should be included in the file now.

• Xeccah%s's Photo

robocoaster

• Austin55%s's Photo

Yesss so excited for this match :)

EDIT- both reviews now below. 

Alright diving straight in to the reviews!

I decided to open Morow wind first. No real reason why. 

So clearly initial thoughts are that this is a park dedicated to former Dallas Stars captain and Stanley Cup contending player Brenden Morrow. Perhaps not…

Wow ok so I’ve just opened the park and a lot to take in right away. Explosions and moving shit. I usually start these reviews by going on just what I’m seeing in the opening screen, but this time I had to go and follow all the action. Great storytelling thus far. The desert landscape is interesting and convincgly done, but seems to take up a lot of room which seems odd for an h2h park to have so much empty space. 

At this point, I realize I need to figure out what the park is actully about, so I paused and went to google. Morrowind is a video game evidently? Meh, don’t know or care to do much more research honestly. I’m sure this will lead to me missing some references. 

The next place I wound up is the little canyon area. Some fun details here like the burning tires, the shimmy bridge and whatnot. Fairly conniving little area I guess. 

Scrolling back to where the park opened, love the donuts doing car, great use of the “steam” scenery here. I decided to go towards the city now, windingup in the subway station. Clearly some post apocolyptic stuff going on here, the replacement gang member for Prodigy (Was he on our team? I forgot) going over to the over open area on the backside of the map, it looks like some sort of ungeround city. Here I realized this is a city covered in sand! Ahhhh that is making more sense. This is a really cool effect then. The skyscrapers suddenlly make mroe sense, it seemed as if they had been built on straight on the ground, I was very confused. The skyscrapers are pretty cool, the round one wow! The black one with gold windows looks awful though haha. The broken highway is a cool effect, I’m wondering how high this thing must have been before the dust storm! Great touches with the various crashes. 

So I’ve seen peaks of what looks like a 4d coaster of to the side now but I’ve avoided giving it any further attention, so the next place I scroll is over that way. Is this a freaking sunken theme park! whattttt to cool. So there’s obviously a lot going on here, watched the “4d” first. The “lift hill” is to funny! One of the best little things this contest. The way the coaster is rigged to not go underground is hilarious, love the ingenuity of these post apolyptic survivors. You guys put a ton of time into naming and freezing all these staff to wow! The rides in the area are pretty clever, that ferris wheel is especially good looking. It’s a shame some of it isn’t peepable. The empty river rapids reminds me of Diamond Heights in some ways, it looks just like the RCT ride but made with scenery. 

Some of the park is interesting, maybe a bit rushed? Why is there no blacktiles? Weird patches of path outsides parks limits? Landspikes? Should I care about what is’nt within the park? probably not. 

Overall, interesting park. Some great storytelling going on here. The stuff that doesn't move was a bit disappointing, would love to have seen more of the city and park and less of an empty desert. The underground sections really would have been cooler to see more of. But overall, really unique park, that is for sure. 

Alright Star Wars time! The screen for this looks fantastic, excited to see how this goes…

First of all, shoutout to the Canes for your file naming. So organized. 

So opening the park. That has to be the easiest opening message ever… The diagonal text is cool but the laziest fucking thing I’ve ever seen lol. The actual put together “Star Wars” is much more useful. The Death Star is very cool, loving the little slave one top left. It looks like the sandy planet to the left, I’ll go that way first.  That Millenium Falcon…. Someone probably spent a long time on that so I hate to say it but that looks terrible. 

At this point I’ve realized that it’s a damn good thing Star Wars is so popular, this whole park is going to be a reference fest. Everything looks like it was taken straight from the movie. Not a bad thing at all of course. It’s much better to understand references than go for something more obscure. Morowwind felt like I was missing out on something the whole time. 

Sarlic Pit. Solid reference. Two suns. Nice. Some things are much more well done than others, Uncle Owens house in particular looked nice to me. Podracers, of course. SO MANY REFERENCES IM BEING FORCECHOKED BY REFERENCES. I love it though. Not being choked obviously. Not sure where this is going... The Jawa crawler, so cool. 

There is so many vehicles I don’t even know what to do with myself. I don’t even know how to address them all. Salve One is cool as hell, but the diagonal Star Destroyer orbiting the Death Star is pretty awesome to. 

Hoth now. Walker. Check. Little drone thing. Check. Rebel Gun turrets. Check. Tauntan Ride. Check. This coaster, pretty damn solid layout! Has a very intamin feel to it, the airitime hills look like loads of fun. Can’t believe you left out a helix around the walkers legs though! The station base building seems awfully massive, but the detailing is quite nice. One thing I’ve noticed is that many of the trackitecture rides aren’t named, some things would be useful to know what they are meant to be here. 

Endor. Great sign over the entrance! Ofocurse the main ride is speeder bikes, what a perfect choice, love how they chase each other, very fun. They go over that sign to. You guys are really good at making words with scenery lol. Love the little detail of the blow up AT-ST thing, and the other one shooting at the speeder bikes. I imagine this would be such a fun ride in real life! And Ewok objects. Adorable. 

The little transition world is fun to, Degobah I think it is called? With the swamps & yodas house. 

Yavin, because of course any star wars themed park would be incomplete without a trench run coaster. The buildings exterior is rather dull but charming none the less. Details abound with the turrets and laser blasts and frozen peeps. In particular I love the peep in the watchtowers. 

The last area, thought it was Cloud City at first but I guess it is Corouscent? However its spelled. Again the architecture and scenery and details themselves seem a bit lackluster, an issue the whole park has had, but the atmosphere holds strong. Little things like the lightsaber clash are cool as hell, or the little orange two part space speeder thing. This dark ride is WAYY cool. Love the way you’ve done it, even though it is impossible to actually operate. I bet that guy on reddit could make cars for something like this. You should have callled him up hah. But anyway, awesome little concept going on here, great use of scenes and storytelling. 

So yeh, seen it all now, really fun park! Will come back to this for sure, there is loads to love about it. Just absolutely packed with fun things. I’m curious what someone who has never seen Star Wars might think of this park. There are some parts that are rather poorly executed but everything is there and it’s obvious what things are meant to be and do, really excellent. Grats canes. 
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

morrowind is a fantasy video game, this is morrow world, which is either a made up fiction for the park or based on tomorrowland the movie (I wouldn't know)

ps I forgot to mention how good the custom ferris wheel is in robber's park. probably the best I've ever seen, even if its covered by sand :)

• chorkiel%s's Photo

Morow World reminded me a bit of Mad Max: Fury Road. And I absolutely loved Mad Max: Fury Road. Had this park gotten finished, this could easily make a run for top park of the season for me. I really enjoyed the car chase.

70%

Star Wars reminded me a lot of Star Wars. And I honestly don't care for Star Wars. This makes it really hard for me to vote for this park actually. Star Wars is clearly superior. It's a very well done theme, but to be honest I can't care too much about this park. If I were to vote for this, I'd give it 80% because the themes were well done but the transitions between your districts was simply horrible.

A park that could be really interesting but is unfinished against a finished park that doesn't interest me. I'll have to think about my vote.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading