• Cobra
    • rct2isboss
    • lightkeeper
    • Tolsimir
    • Faas
    Percentage of vote: 84.78%
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

That logic o.O

It's not that weird though. I voted for Cyleal against Raptor because it was more fun. This is a pretty similar case. The story of Morow World intrigued me more than Star Wars. Therefore, I enjoyed it more. If I'd have to vote for the panel though, I'd probably vote Star Wars higher because of a higher technical level.

• Austin55%s's Photo
    ^ That is a great way to think of it.
  • G Force%s's Photo
    The question for the poll is "which park is better", not which park is more fun BTW, interpret how you wish. But at the same time... SW is probably the most fun thing there is ever, so the park must blow if another park is more fun.
  • Lotte%s's Photo

in my opinion fun can be a huge factor when it comes to the quality of a park, Atmosphere is very important

• G Force%s's Photo

in my opinion fun can be a huge factor when it comes to the quality of a park, Atmosphere is very important

Obviously, this is very important.  However fun =/= atmoshpere.  Example, the Barrons park was not fun (Post-Apocalypticish), but still had an atmosphere.  SW was much more fun but still managed to have a believable atmosphere.  But again, its up to interpretation what is most important when voting for a park.

Only reason that would keep me from voting for the Barrons is that the park is unfinished and comparatively very empty.  The actual "park" portion is tiny and nothing really special.  The rest is cool but not going to make me vote for it if I had a vote.

• bigshootergill%s's Photo
    Why are we telling other people how to vote?... You'll make the playoffs if people like your park better than the other park. The end.

Can't open it now, but I did check out MCI's video a bit. Can't wait to check out these two parks, they look amazing. Thanks to the builders. We considered Star Wars, but figured others would do one so went with different ideas. Looks like you did it justice! And a nod to Morrow World, it's tough to do that style and pull it off.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo

gforce wants to make the playoffs... haha

I can only appluad both parks , they both achieved what they set out to do...

• inthemanual%s's Photo

POLL IS NOW LIVE AND WILL REMAIN OPEN FOR ROUGHLY 72 HOURS.

If you cannot vote, please use the 'null vote' option underneath the poll which will enable you to view the results like everyone else.

• Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

The question for the poll is "which park is better", not which park is more fun BTW, interpret how you wish. But at the same time... SW is probably the most fun thing there is ever, so the park must blow if another park is more fun.

Ever think about maybe "fun" is how people judge a park that is better than the other? People judge which park is better by different variable and categories. Not one person judges which park is "better" the same way as you seem to think we should. "Fun" Is an category to judge which park is better so is "Aesthetics," etc. There isn't a right or wrong way to judge which park is better.

• ida%s's Photo

*looks at myself being the one lonely voter for Morrow World*

:(

• wheres_walto%s's Photo
    If everybody felt the same about parks then this contest would be pretty stale. Vote for what you like
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

"The more fun park is the better park" is a valid line of thinking for determining your vote if that's what you look for in a park. Everyone wants something different - some people judge heavily on aesthetics, others care more about atmosphere, some people love little details and others don't really care for it, some people value creativity and originality while others value refinement and cleanliness, some people like more "fun" parks and other people like "technically better" parks, etc. There's really no wrong or right.

I do wish however that whoever is voting justify their vote with a well thought out review. Because that would make it useful to the park makers and the feedback is SO APPRECIATED. We can always use more feedback and comments.

Also about SW being a fun park, I agree. It's tons of fun. But for someone like me that *ahem* never watched any Star Wars movies ever (I know Ive been living under a rock :p), it's 100x less fun because I don't know any of the references. That is not the fault of the park nor does it say anything about its quality - kind of like how many people who never saw Big Hero 6 didn't know the references in SFTokyo, but it definitely makes the park "less fun" but the Hurricanes' park remains super impressive and engaging all the same.
  • G Force%s's Photo
    Only reason I stated what I said was because of what Chorkiel posted. Seems odd to me that you would vote for a park that you admit is worse simply because its more fun.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

Only reason I stated what I said was because of what Chorkiel posted. Seems odd to me that you would vote for a park that you admit is worse simply because its more fun.

Describe "worse".
  • ida%s's Photo

I love Morrow World.

It's probably the first time i've ever been named as a staff member.

Just kidding, that's definitely not the reason why i voted on it. In general the atmosphere in the park was executed so well, it made Morrow World a clear winner for me. I felt like the atmosphere was the most important part of the park to be conveyed, and i felt it told a story in a way with all the tiny details, with the train chase being the best execution of it. It's very intrigueing. I really love all the detail packed into the park. The landscaping, the dull buildings all around, the totally not dull underground pathways and shops, the broken down things in the attraction park, it just added up for me.

The Star Wars park didn't really do much for me. I'm honestly not a big fan of Kumba's fantasy style. It's all too messy for my taste. Not bad, but i don't really like it. I've also never watched Star Wars so it didn't bring back any nostalgia or made me laugh at references or anything either. I know, i'm a horrible person.

In the end, i felt that Star Wars lost a lot on atmosphere, and in this case, Morrow World did so great on it that as a whole i liked it better than the Star Wars park. I made that reply about me being the only voter because i feel like more people should consider how brilliant the atmosphere in Morrow World is, i really think it weighed up the most for this match.

• G Force%s's Photo

Describe "worse".

Idk, ask him, he's the one who said that he would give SW a higher rating over Morrow.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Dammit... I duck taped G Force's mouth shut before the match-up opened, but clearly should have broken his fingers, too... :lol:

• Dr_Dude%s's Photo

Idk, ask him, he's the one who said that he would give SW a higher rating over Morrow.

i dont want to put words in chorkiel's mouth but i feel like its pretty obvious that he meant the park is better on a purely technical level but he doesnt prioritize that when voting? the attitude of this site (and most creative scenes, tbh) is pretty often technicality=superiority and its easy to use that language even if you dont subsribe to it.

cant vote bc i dont have rct2 but i watched mci's video and both parks are great. i wish star wars could have been done on a larger map tho, i would have liked to see those ideas executed with more space

• navalin%s's Photo

Super tough call on this one. Morrow World I think had at least a more enveloping atmosphere; a lot of empty space but it semi guided you to areas you were supposed to be to figure out what had happened which was pretty cool. I think if anything, this one felt constrained by the map size; I almost would have liked to see even more expanses and maybe a few more areas to see what had caused the whole post apocalyptic setting in the first place. 

Details in Star Wars I guess were weaker, but still strong. Hard to have a stronger amount of detail in a packed vs. sparse park though. Ride layouts were pretty bad, but easily overlooked since, again, larger map would have helped. But the key details for telling Star Wars were all there, from the speeder bikes to the mechanicals in Luke's home. Basically kind of sets the bar high for what we can hope Disney does with it's recently acquired franchise in terms of turning it into a park section (or just a full park altogether). 

This one went to Star Wars for me. Really close match, I just felt I was missing something slightly story wise in Morrow World that kept me engaged for a slightly shorter amount of time over Star Wars.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

StarWars was full of beautiful things, but they came together to make an ugly mess. I loved individual areas (tattooine, especially), but the sharp transitions, rough edges, things in the wrong places, it all took away the believability for me. Why was chewy in front of a podracer? How would a park maintain a "Meet the cast" booth in front of the park? The park was full of beautiful amazing things that could have made an amazingly immersive park, these parts could have been put together to make one of the best, most immersive and believable parks NE has ever seen, but they got mashed up in a hodge-podge of ideas, when combined with the sharp transitions between areas, the LOS from almost ANY point in the park to the icy snowscape of Hoth, and other mistakes that wouldn't exist either in-universe or in a realistic park setting, I couldn't put myself there.

Morow World was completely the opposite in terms of believability. I could completely picture myself there, despite having never seen Mad Max. This is the right way to do a movie park, bringing people in, making the park tell its own story, independent of the movie, but based in the same reality. I could put myself there, which really made this for me. I think there were a couple things that weren't as technically brilliant in this park as in StarWars, like the Ferris Wheel being too squat, but it's still at a very high level. Another contrast here was in that this map used a LOT of negative space, while Starwars tried to fill every nook and cranny it could with something.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading