Related Games / Planet Coaster

• G Force%s's Photo
    That simple feature ruined the POV feature for me in RCT3, made if seem super fake and broke the immersion.
  • RRP%s's Photo

Agreed,hopefully you can disable the pendulum on ride cam. There's no need for it if you can properly smooth tracks unlike rct3.

• Roomie%s's Photo

Agreed the ride cam is a little off.

For moving around the map. tap T for a different camera mode which really helps while building.

• Six Frags%s's Photo

Love how Frontier is actively recognizing the amazing work the community is doing with this alpha already, can't have any better advertising imo;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DZN2-fybis

• robbie92%s's Photo

Also, they announced that the second alpha is coming May 24th and will include the terrain editor and the full coaster builder.

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    This is the real rollercoaster tycoon of the modern age...
  • Louis!%s's Photo

I love these guys, they really have improved upon the awfulness of RCT3.

Although I tweeted to them from the NE account and never got a reply :( lol

• Meretrix%s's Photo

HOLY CRAP! This will blow everything away!

• 202mitch%s's Photo

this guy did a really detailed review of the building editor (his ride is in that community video!!) this game looks absolutely AMAZING. Can't wait for the full release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhX8zchjVlI&nohtml5=False

Can't wait to see how people use the terrain editor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyK0aIuflZ0&nohtml5=False

• Metropole%s's Photo

Working with the building tool. It's really powerful, unfortunately my computer is not so it's been a bit of a struggle, and apologies for the poor graphics. An attempt at a Fantasy theme though became a bit too piratey for my liking due to the limited walls/windows/objects.

Attached Files

• Ling%s's Photo

Really excited for the update next month. Will probably be enough to decide whether I pre-order or not.

EDIT: Yeah, the scenery engine is great but it does desperately need more objects - at least more wall textures and colors. All of the initial screenshots were hugely impressive, but now everything looks identical.

• G Force%s's Photo

The one fundamental flaw of 3D gaming, it looks terrible on a poor gaming rig.  Not saying you're screen Metropole looks bad, its really quite nice.  I just hate how the games essentially looks different on everyone's computer, one of the great things about RCT1/2 is that is essentially looks the same for everyone.

• Metropole%s's Photo

Yeah that is a big problem but pretty much unavoidable in todays world. The game really does look beautiful on the right engine.

Anyway, I've been playing around with the coaster editor, it's quite hard to get some of the elements going but after some playing I managed to work out how to do some inversions. Hopefully in the next update they can add the ability to go vertical and invert using just the tools rather than building, then awkwardly trying to drag it to the shape you want.

Attached Files

• robbie92%s's Photo

Metro, that looks unreal. The shaping and texture on that building is fantastic.

I feel bad that I bought the early alpha and it turns out that my graphics card isn't compatible at all. At last I was aiming to grab a new computer soon, and should have it in time for the next alpha update at the end of May.

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo

looking forward to what you will do with this game

• Richie%s's Photo

This game really is going to be a 3D version of our dream RCT. Its amazing, I just finished this design and about to start with the scenery. I've been dreaming of a game like this for years. I plan on making the most of being able to make an indoor ride. 

Attached File  Untitled.png (1.12MB)
    downloads: 52

• Richie%s's Photo

so time consuming but so much fun. Wish i could help you out with a graphics card rob, i'd love to see what you do with the game.

Attached File  overviewf.png (839.98KB)
    downloads: 48

Attached File  SKULLS.png (895.41KB)
    downloads: 41

Attached File  throughthebar.png (1.24MB)
    downloads: 41

Attached File  sunset.png (908.1KB)
    downloads: 37

• Sulakke%s's Photo

These last videos and screens look orgasmic!

• RCTER2%s's Photo

XoZXcl9.png

My best work in PC :p

• Six Frags%s's Photo

This is quite amazing to me as Efteling fan:

8SdfCW5.png

Also, silvarrets latest mainstreet video is quite nice;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOW8zQohb4Q

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading