News / Hi Rollers--Workbenches!!!

• iris%s's Photo
    It's that time again, for another of New Element's contest. The High Rollers Contest however is breaking through new grounds at New Element. Cash prizes will be awarded to the first and second place winners. A sum of $50 cash will be delivered to the first place entry of the contest, and $25 will be awarded to the runner-up. This contest will be sponsored in full by Surreal Designs Inc. (SDI), headed up by our newest moderator at the site: Raven.

Since we will be handing out cash prizes for this event, there MUST be a minimum of 30 entries for this contest, or the cash prizes will be invalidated. So what's the catch for the High Rollers Contest? Well, only a vague description can be given at press time.
    -We will be handing out a workbench, about the size of a medium to semi-large themed area.
    -It's the parkmakers job to fill up that workbench as best he/she can, using any amount of rides he sees fit.
    -You may only submit one entry per parkmaker.
    -Both RCT (Loopy Landscapes) and Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 Workbenches will be handed out. Wacky Worlds will be EXcluded.

We're raising the stakes here at New Element, offering cash prizes, in hopes to re-establish our contests as the premier RCT contests in the world. If the High Rollers Contest, and its cash prizes are not enough to sway people to enter the contest, then this will be New Element's final contest.

Loopy Landscapes Workbench
    RCT2 Workbench
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    Me!
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    heh, me... interesting.
  • wpnw%s's Photo
    Hmm. Nothing better to waste my time during finals week. I'm in. :)
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    ill do it, im serious, if its just a themed area... oh shit.. watch out..
  • Nic%s's Photo
    Yeah I'm in. I'll see what I can do, what with EP nearly finished.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    im in but its not U.S only is it?
  • posix%s's Photo
    I'm in !!!
    I have to say I'm a little shocked (positively) that we're actually going to get paid. Even though it's "just" for the winner and the runnerup, we don't know where this will lead us to.
    It's really motivating me alot and I'll give whatever I can to win and put all my other projects on hold once the workbenches are released.
  • BchillerR%s's Photo
    Me! Me!

BchillerR
  • Prince%s's Photo
    I will most likely do my best to win this because I will do anything to 1.)try to prove my worth as a parkmaker 2.)get 50 bucks! Of course I am in!

~Prince Ashitaka~ 8@
  • Twisted%s's Photo
    Sure, sounds like jolly good fun!
    Should be soem tough competition with money on the line.

Now I gotta try extra hard to get RCT1 workin or ill have to attempt something with RCT2.

Also, how much is $50 in £'s?

:w00t:
  • Stargazer%s's Photo
    Is this an invitation only thing or what?

*Stargazer*
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    I'm in. When's it starting? June-ish?
  • jhoffa%s's Photo
    I suppose I'm in then.
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    I'm in. There is NO way I'd miss this. Can it be ANY theme we want, and how long will we have?
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

RRP and other non-US participants...

If you live in the UK, 50 and 25 pounds will be awarded and so on. (jesus that's a lot of $$$$)
    Canadian residents will receive US currency due to it being worth more then Canaidian currency.

Raven-SDI
    §
  • jhoffa%s's Photo
    /me wants €uros. Not a real problem, since 1 € = 1 $. Almost.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    $50 U.S. isn't worth as much as it was 2 months ago ;). This contest better end soon. I'm sure I'll submit something. If cold hard cash doesn't motivate, I don't know what will.
  • Dirk Pitt%s's Photo
    I'm in. This is something I want to do, Lately I've been busy.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    I too would like to do this.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading