General Chat / rct2.com the best

• Marshy%s's Photo

Tell that all-knowing dickhead with the boner for the Linkin Park guy to learn what the fuck he's talking about and stop dropping my name.

Are you talking bout Metropole?
  • HeArTlInEtWiStEr%s's Photo
    Actually, you know, I believe he is....Anyways, after poking around at those forums, I have to agree, if you are looking to better your parkmaking by receiving criticism, NE is your place. If you are looking for a friendly environment, NE can be that place, just don't mess with certain people and you may be completely overlooked. But, at RCT2. com, people are like they were at the Station. They always just says it looks good and never have anything bad to say about a park even though it may look horrible.

I feel that NE is better because we push each other here and that causes people to become better parkmakers. I would rather take quality of parkmakers over having everyone be nice.

RCT2.com is a good site, and I happen to be a member there and look around every now and then, but I believe that New Element is the better site. We don't need a bunch of people making custom scenery here, because we have the one person who has made the most useful and most RCT-ish looking scenery: ToonTowner. RCT2.com may have more features, but I feel that quality over quantity is very important.

HT
  • mantis%s's Photo

take your pick?
    i pick rct2.com

your choice, everyone has their own opinion :stupid:

For someone who has nigh on 50 posts a day at this site you have a funny way of showing your loyalties.

New Element, RCT Station, Sprite&TEO's, rct2.com, RCTUK...i've been to them all.

rct2.com is the only one where I haven't had 1000 posts....I don't think I even have a 100.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

http://www.rct2.com/...15&t=4173&st=10

I thought this was funny reading.
    The people who Visit rct2.com regularly and advertise their parks on rct2.com reckon theirs are the best in the business. (I do advertise on rct2.com but only to see what different responses i would get as i visit here more regularly)..

Well, let me see, it's tough competition between this and NE....wait a minute, no it isn't.

I think i got a nice cussing there from a few people like Iris and QOTSA coz i said that they were all stubborn and afraid to move on to RCT2! 

So yeah, this is the best!

Metro 

How havent we moved onto rct2 ? The last spotlight was the best rct2 park to date for a start...

:lol:

I think its a nice community but i sense a bit of jealousy of the parkmakers at NE....so dont moan about that bitches.

NE has better parks no contest, crazy peopl.....um no forum members, but better parks
  • VegasCoaster%s's Photo
    NE definately has better parks, rides etc. IMO. People here also give more constructive criticism, rather than saying its good, though a lot of people here just tell you it sucks and leave it at that. This site is definately more helpful in that department.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Tell that all-knowing dickhead with the boner for the Linkin Park guy to learn what the fuck he's talking about and stop dropping my name.

Are you talking bout Metropole?

No, I'm talking about Metropole.
  • PyroPenguin%s's Photo
    Yep, definantly the new station. I guess thats fine and all but I could never understand how people could stand it. If you arent a dick NE isnt a hostile place at all, the people who visit here are alot of fun to talk to on and off the site. I guess for someone starting out it might be a little intimidating if some younger members come in and get bashed, fail to realize the person meant absoluty nothing by it, take it extremely personally, and end up hating the site. Oh well, their loss, we wouldnt want another influx of happy go lucky posters who cant take a single flame online.
  • DarkRideExpert%s's Photo
    Heck,just advertize NE on a bunch of sites,and presto.Instant RCTS. :w00t:
  • Marshy%s's Photo

OK, this site is NE, understand??

now shut it faggot
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Here's an idea.How about maybe you use spaces after punctuation?Or at least English.Your dumb comments are tough to decipher,you know.
  • RCTmaster%s's Photo
    those two comments above me are what makes this site as bad as it is. i can agree that the skill here is very good but the people here are such jackasses. there is a huge differance between "constructive criticsm" and plain old being mean. if you dont like something say "i dont exactly like what your doingg here, try doing ____ instead of _____" instead of saying "this park is terrible, dont even show pictures of it untill you get something good" do you see the differance between posts. rct2.com is a better site purely because the people are nicer.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    OR, maybe you realize who generally acts like an ass and realize that such is part of their persona, rather than saying everyone is like a few.

If you can't take this sort of cynical humor, then go away.
  • CoasterWizard%s's Photo

I like rct2.com, its where i started out in the community, i personnally think its the best in the business, they have a friendly community and i like it, this sites good, i havnt been here for long, you arnt exactly 'freindly'

so you be quiet :birthday:

OK, this site is NE, understand??

now shut it faggot

For a site that you don't find very friendly, I can't see how you are helping much.
    Let's see you say comments like that at rct2.com. 8@
  • PyroPenguin%s's Photo
    I'm with corkscrewed, dont judge the site based on the comments of a few. Sure, you have people go off on others all the time, and that was a pretty stupid thing to go off on QOTSA and Marshy. But look on the other side, some of us are nice, friendly, give constructive critisism on screens... and we dont bite! It really isnt fair to evaluate a community on two people, there is alot more too it.
  • lazyboy97O%s's Photo
    I think this is exactly why RCTNW closed the topic over at RCT2.com. This is just a bunch of "You site sucks ass." crap that really isn't needed. I think you really are looking at two different styles. The biggest difference is that NE is still very into RCT1, where RCT2.com is, well, RCT2. I have seen stuff there that is good and stuff that is crap. I have seen stuff here that is good and stuff that is crap. It all just comes down to a personal prference in style.
  • wpnw%s's Photo
    Both sites have their strong points. Acutally, it's not the sites, it's the people, the websites themselves don't matter.

NE has more talent pound for pound. Chances are, when you see a park advertized here, you know it will be a solid, quality park (though not necessarily ground breaking, but still good). NE's contests are better (in fact, I don't know that RCT2 has had contests yet), and it definitely is more competitive (whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you).

RCT2 has more originality, hands down. Whether you all want to admit it or not, 95% of all the work that is advertised at NE all looks the same. Same blocky 2x2 archy, same fishhook out-and-backs, same hacked coasters, etc. When it's done well, it's nice, but it gets old really quickly. Peeps at RCT2 have a much higher level of originality when it comes to most elements of park designing. Look at cBass' archy on his Wisconsin map for example, or the monsterous buildings RCTNW does. And as to the lack of RCT1 parks there, well, duh, the site is called "RCT2.com", of course there's gonna be more RCT2 parks. Granted there are more newbies at RCT2, there are also lots of veterans, and it's a good place for newbies to ask questions without getting barraged by "you're a dumbass" remarks.

Personally, I like both sites because of the vast difference in styles. Those of you who are trying to compare the two are just looking for an excuse to throw a dick measuring contest, imo.
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo
    Topics like this shouldn't even exist.

If you like NE, then visit here.

If you like RCT2.com, then visit there.

If you like other sites, go there.

If you like all of them, have a nice day, and shut up about it.

If you don't like any of them, then why are you here?

---

I'm not going into a long spiel about the trivial nature of this topic, but seriously, why must everything become a freaking popularity contest with you people.

I for one, enjoy both sites, and others.

Oi. 8@

Oh, and have a nice day.

Kai :yup:
  • i c ded pplz%s's Photo

Topics like this shouldn't even exist.

If you like NE, then visit here.

If you like RCT2.com, then visit there.

If you like other sites, go there.

If you like all of them, have a nice day, and shut up about it.

If you don't like any of them, then why are you here?

---

I'm not going into a long spiel about the trivial nature of this topic, but seriously, why must everything become a freaking popularity contest with you people.

I for one, enjoy both sites, and others.

Oi.  8@

Oh, and have a nice day.

Kai  :yup:

that was friendly?

i'm in agreement with wpnw here.

however all the parks @ NE are similar with a subtle difference too each one...

and of course most people here have talent - unlike @ a certain rct2 website i know. too much n00B stuff there.

i admit i aint the greatest - but i'm not a n00B either - i'm more average... :)

and i like it :p
  • John%s's Photo
    Ugh. Comparing RCT2.com and RCT Station is similiar in some aspects, but RCT2.com is totally ridiculous, it is completely unbearable how "friendly" one must be there as we all know everybody isn't all that "sweet".

I agree that it isn't fair to compare RCT2 and NE because they're two completely opposite worlds. You have (IMO the better) NE with free speech and constructive criticism, or RCT2 with n00bs and worthless "friendly" garbage. Take your pick and move on.
  • skippy%s's Photo
    I dont have a preference to any site. I agree with what Kai has said.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading