News / NE's Big Panelist Purge of 2015

• Liampie%s's Photo

I'm not being antsy as usual, I'm just wondering around when we will find out.

Could be a few days or 1/2 weeks, there's no time schedule for this or any real pressure. So whenever we have time to decide.

@Faas: :lol:
    @Austin: :lol:
  • FredD%s's Photo

I did vote quite high in the time but never gave 100%. After H2H7 it was also clear for me I rated too high.

• nicman%s's Photo

Id like to apply. I will do all games.

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Could be a few days or 1/2 weeks, there's no time schedule for this or any real pressure. So whenever we have time to decide. 
     I think we need to anoint some new panel members, my parks been submitted for a week now. :p
  • Scoop%s's Photo

I think we need to anoint some new panel members, my parks been submitted for a week now. :p

I agree on a serious note actually. 

• G Force%s's Photo

Mods are slacking, just admit it.  Basically there have been 1.75/5 active mods since the end of H2H.  No disrespect, of course.  Someone just had to say it.

• posix%s's Photo

And what does it change or help saying it? Are you on a full time job? I've been carving out time from my weekend to compose a semi-meaningful announcement for this. And there actually has been a lot of opinion on this from each of us.

• Louis!%s's Photo
    Actually there is a discussion going on between 4 out of 5 mods. Liam, Tim, Posix and myself.

That's why it's taking a long time to come to a decision, because we are all sharing our opinions on who we feel would be a good addition to the panel.

If there was only 1.75 of us it would be a hell of a lot quicker as there would be less discussion and simply clicking the right buttons backstage to put the people into the panel which takes all of 2 minutes.

People always complain about the panel and the panelists on it and the scores they cast, so please forgive us, oh mighty g force, for trying to take our time to consider the right options and discuss who is best for the job instead of jumping right into it and giving every man and his dog a spot.

But yes there is a lack of admin presence at the site. I'm very sorry that I study full time for a degree as well as running and working for my own business full time. I apologise that I don't spend all the little spare time I have to ensure that you are happy here and leave it to the other, quite capable, admins. Although making you anywhere near content seems to be a very difficult task as you always seem to love to complain about every little thing.
  • G Force%s's Photo

Posix,  its not meant as an attack at all.  You guys do a great job when you can, I'm sure you're all trying your best to improve the site and keep it going.

But to be fair to Liam, he seems to do a lot of the work, releasing parks, moderating activity, setting up events...  Not you say the rest of the guys aren't just that he seems to do the most.

I think it would help to have 1 or 2 people just to moderate the forms and help out where they can.  Not full time admins, just moderators or something like that.

Also yes, I do have a full time job.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Louis, like I said.  I'm not blaming you guys for anything. I fully understand that probably the last thing you want to do is read every post on NE and sort through all the shit that gets thrown around on here.  Also, cropping aerials or releasing parks is probably the last thing you want to do with your free time.

I don't have a problem with you guys taking your time  Just seems that some of you are overwork or don't really want to spend all your free time doing administrating things on NE.  I don't want to cross a line here, but if you guys don't enjoy being an admin anymore, its okay to step down.  There are probably a few younger members who would be willing to take your place, and could do a good job as well.

Also, you guys have done a great job for years.  Last two H2H's have been run extremely well, and hearing Posix, Gee's, Louis' opinions on matters is always interesting and refreshing.  You guys have all done a lot for the site and I'm sure all of us are thankful for that.

• Louis!%s's Photo
    Sorry, I've just had a bad, stressful day. I took your post a bit too over the top and snapped for no reason lol

No hard feelings :)

And retiring was something I had been considering but I love the site too much and when I have time I love helping here, and even when I don't I'm always in discussion with the others :) But there is always space for people to help us out though, like you did for the awards.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    It's also probably something to note that we have had an ongoing discussion regarding a restructure of a lot of the forum and admin jobs, to ease the burden from any one person, and allow almost anyone to help out with whatever tasks they might want to. Hopefully we'll settle on something that will help push the site forward and keep things like the release queue, contests, and panelist voting all going smoothly.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    G Force, just try to relax a bit more man. I know you're not a mean guy but we all have real life to deal with complaining people and other people's expectations. No need to bring that atmosphere here.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Okay, we've come to an agreement after quite some debate.

Since there were so many good applications we could choose from a deciding factor has been game versatility. We absolutely can't have LL parks pending for weeks until they are scored. This was followed by balance between US and European players, or neither of the two geographics. Next, won accolades, duration of membership, and all around balance of character go into our decision. Lastly, we exchange expectations who is likely to overvote or undervote.

G Force
    Difficult to find anyone who's as into NE as you these days, with both pros and cons. Really not worried you will be slow to vote. You are also possibly the most fervent representer of the hyper-realistic North American style, which has played a significant role in recent accolade winning releases.

robbie92
    Pity we didn't have you for a while. Just remove the smell of not having LL from your body.

trav
    You can do all games, you are European, and you don't have hyper-realists' eyes.

Dimi
    Mostly the same as trav. You have quite unique eyes on the game, you have developed your parkmaking a lot as of late, and you can do all the games.

To the above, welcome to the panel. Never forget that your votes have an active influence on NE's culture. We put our faith in you to be fair, honest and thoughtful.

-----------------
    NE Accolade Panel, as of June 2016

[ EU ]
    Liampie
    chorkiel
    posix
    alex
    Louis!
    Sulakke
    Chocotopian
    Poke
    trav
    Dimi

---10 panelists

[ US ]
    geewhzz
    csw
    disneylandian192
    inthemanual
    ][ntamin22
    nin
    Kumba
    G Force
    robbie92
    (Do apologise, I know you're Canadian, but your style and RCT ideals aren't at all)
    ---9 panelists

[ Other ]
    Cocoa
    pierrot
    Stoksy
    ---3 panelists
    Looks like a savvy crack squad of voters there. G-Force will 90% of the time be the low vote not counted. :p :)
  • G Force%s's Photo

Looks like a savvy crack squad of voters there. G-Force will 90% of the time be the low vote not counted. :p :)

As long as Poke is around we don't have to worry about that... 

• robbie92%s's Photo

Oh hey, look at that. Thanks guys!

• nicman%s's Photo

what about me!?

I applied.

• csw%s's Photo

And you didn't get chosen. Neither did about 10 other people, all of whom have been around longer and produced more work than you. 

• nicman%s's Photo

So, nobody even told me anything when I applied. I review stuff more than I make stuff. I deserve to be.

[ Other ]

Cocoa
    pierrot
    Stoksy
    ---3 panelists

A league of their own -- weirdos or extraordinarily talented or.....? 

As long as Poke is around we don't have to worry about that...

For some odd reason Poke likes my work...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading